NFL 2018 Week 2 thread: The continuing saga of Josh Gordon

dbunting

1 hour ago, aceluby said:

Yep, I think we'll be hard pressed to win at home against the Bears, much less in Chicago.  I doubt we'll get to 10 wins this year unless our d-line starts showing up to games so our dbs can do what they are good at -- press coverage, and our o-line does anything at all.  A run game would be nice with all of these good RBs, but they can't pass or run block for shit.

I wouldn’t go that far. We still need to see if that was a one off or if Mitch is becoming not a terrible QB. As for the d-line, that’s really on Griffen. They were fine the first two weeks with him. And I believe our run game is the worst in the league.

This is why I said before the draft that we should use our first three picks on o-linemen, preferably guys who would be ready right out of the gate. Instead we drafted a project tackle in the second round……..

2 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

I wouldn’t go that far. We still need to see if that was a one off or if Mitch is becoming not a terrible QB. As for the d-line, that’s really on Griffen. They were fine the first two weeks with him. And I believe our run game is the worst in the league.

This is why I said before the draft that we should use our first three picks on o-linemen, preferably guys who would be ready right out of the gate. Instead we drafted a project tackle in the second round……..

The Colts run game would like a word. Andrew Luck might lead the team in rushing.

16 minutes ago, aceluby said:

Yeah, it's early, and teams will adapt with more and more film.  Vikings started one year 5-0 and didn't make the playoffs, so anything can happen; but just looking at the schedules I think the Bears and Packers both have an opportunity for more wins than the Vikings.

Yeah, but that year our entire line was on IR as well as several backups. The only line I’ve ever seen more beat up than that was a Chargers team from like four or five years ago where TEs were playing guard.

And Bridgewater……..

11 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

The Colts run game would like a word. Andrew Luck might lead the team in rushing.

80 attempts for 288 yards with 1 TD verse 73 attempts for 252 yards and no TDs. We’re worse, and we have a “star” running back.

Told ya’ll fools it was a mistake to take Cook in our fantasy leagues.

80 attempts for 288 yards with 1 TD verse 73 attempts for 252 yards and no TDs. We’re worse, and we have a “star” running back.

Told ya’ll fools it was a mistake to take Cook in our fantasy leagues.

I told you it was a mistake for somethin'

That white boy from NE, or someone.

I don’t use Pats players not named Brady. They’ll get you 4 TDs one week and be cut the next.  

Gronk?

Otherwise, I pretty much agree. (In the past at least) The Patriots are the most game plan dependent offense in the league, so it's really hard to predict any kind of regular performance by individual players. 

29 minutes ago, Week said:

Gronk?

Otherwise, I pretty much agree. (In the past at least) The Patriots are the most game plan dependent offense in the league, so it's really hard to predict any kind of regular performance by individual players. 

He's done shit all this year and plays ~3/4 of the game.  One of the biggest busts in one of my leagues.  Basically anyone I drafted has been a huge letdown or got injured across 3 very different teams.

34 minutes ago, Week said:

Gronk?

He goes too high and gets injured all the time. I’d take him on the cheap in an auction draft, but otherwise I’d pass.

14 minutes ago, aceluby said:

He's done shit all this year and plays ~3/4 of the game.  One of the biggest busts in one of my leagues.  Basically anyone I drafted has been a huge letdown or got injured across 3 very different teams.

10 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

He goes too high and gets injured all the time. I’d take him on the cheap in an auction draft, but otherwise I’d pass.

The criteria that I was refuting was "score 4 tds and get cut". I won't argue with his injury history, however (when healthy) he is the unquestioned TE1 overall. Love Ertz and Kelce -- they simply don't rack up TDs the way Gronk has. ;)

Just now, Week said:

The criteria that I was refuting was "score 4 tds and get cut". I won't argue with his injury history, however (when healthy) he is the unquestioned TE1 overall. Love Ertz and Kelce -- they simply don't rack up TDs the way Gronk has. ;)

Not this year.  He has 1 TD and is averaging less than 60 yards a game.  He isn't even in the top 5 for TE fantasy points, which is a really low bar for him as he usually competes w/ WR.  

3 hours ago, aceluby said:

Not this year.  He has 1 TD and is averaging less than 60 yards a game.  He isn't even in the top 5 for TE fantasy points, which is a really low bar for him as he usually competes w/ WR.  

Ok. :thumbsup: 

6 hours ago, Week said:

Is he still the top dog? He looks slow this year. Injuries take their toll with time, and that big body has taken a beating over the years. Also keep in mind, he threatened to retire if he got traded. I know that largely had to do with not wanting to play with anyone other than Brady, but his retirement has been rumored now for some time. And shocking, that moron has been really good at managing his money. Combine that with him winning a power play or Belichick makes me wonder if he's some kind of idiot savant. 

2 hours ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Is he still the top dog? He looks slow this year. Injuries take their toll with time, and that big body has taken a beating over the years. Also keep in mind, he threatened to retire if he got traded. I know that largely had to do with not wanting to play with anyone other than Brady, but his retirement has been rumored now for some time. And shocking, that moron has been really good at managing his money. Combine that with him winning a power play or Belichick makes me wonder if he's some kind of idiot savant. 

It's possible that he's not an idiot  or a moron. He's a big partier who's never had a whiff of scandal, he integrated seamlessly into the Pats' complicated offense in his first year, he's managed to display outsized personality and occasionally go off the reservation while keeping Belichick happy, and he's been smart enough to bank his football salary and live off endorsements. He's better at life than anyone in this thread.

20 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

It's possible that he's not an idiot  or a moron. He's a big partier who's never had a whiff of scandal, he integrated seamlessly into the Pats' complicated offense in his first year, he's managed to display outsized personality and occasionally go off the reservation while keeping Belichick happy, and he's been smart enough to bank his football salary and live off endorsements. He's better at life than anyone in this thread.

Helps when you win the genetic lottery. And I think it's hard to argue that he's a smart guy. He's just made some good decisions. 

19 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Thanks a lot, Tywin. Now we’re all being scolded because of your insolence.

Hey, it's football season. Someone has to playfully kick the Pats fans beehive!!!

Archived