Small things that have left you SPEECHLESS

Theda Baratheon

Lifts, lazy shitbags and lifts.  Every day I get off the train and need to use the lift to go up one flight of stairs as I have my bike with me.  And everyday a load of able bodied people stand in the queue to use the lift, even when there are people who need to use the lift, like myself, or wheelchairs, prams etc.  I've had so many rows about it (which since this is the SPEECHLESS thread, probably disqualifies this rant). 

It used to be the same at my old office block, people would get the lift 1 floor, how lazy do you have to be?  One day the gym instructor did it, I was fuming.  

39 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

It used to be the same at my old office block, people would get the lift 1 floor, how lazy do you have to be?  One day the gym instructor did it, I was fuming.  

My rule is if I have to go 4 or less flights, I use the stairs. 5 or more, elevator.

Something that left me speechless for a few seconds before I blew up at her. A few years ago an aunt of mine pulled out a cigarette and started smoking next to my pregnant sister. Who the hell does that?

1 hour ago, A True Kaniggit said:

My rule is if I have to go 4 or less flights, I use the stairs. 5 or more, elevator.

Something that left me speechless for a few seconds before I blew up at her. A few years ago an aunt of mine pulled out a cigarette and started smoking next to my pregnant sister. Who the hell does that?

What did she say after you blew up?

On 9/18/2018 at 10:01 AM, mankytoes said:

I was in Japan recently, and they are pretty lax on smoking, you can smoke in bars, some cafes, and other cafes have smoking areas. That felt really odd, because the whole country has such a clean vibe. The smell is nasty though, and I've got big, thick hair which is unfortunately really smell absorbent. 

Noooooo. Unless there are loads of seats available. Waiting for someone to ask on a busy train is very rude. 

I'm not talking about what I do. I'm talking about what others do. I don't really care if someone uses a seat for their bag or not. If I want/need to sit I'll ask them to move it. Problem solved.

When have you ever known anyone not move their stuff when asked to? (A colleague had a story about a little girl refusing to move a bag with her school assignment in it so that an old man could sit down on a bus (he asked her). But the girl might have been not all there, I think. It certainly provided entertainment for the other passengers. 

26 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

The dirty old cow next to me on the train has just taken her shoes and socks off and put her mangled, gnarly old feet up on the seats. I'm getting off in 2 mins otherwise I'd have to have a row with her. 

On a train? Isn't that indecency in the public? I am not judging you, just asking.

(sorry, couldn't resist)

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

The dirty old cow next to me on the train has just taken her shoes and socks off and put her mangled, gnarly old feet up on the seats. I'm getting off in 2 mins otherwise I'd have to have a row with her. 

The visual of this is amazing, especially since you're a cop. That would be one instance where I'd be cool with a cop abusing his authority.

Also, I believe it was @aceluby that once said his coworker would clip his toe nails at his desk right next to him.

:ack:

On 9/21/2018 at 5:12 PM, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

The visual of this is amazing, especially since you're a cop. That would be one instance where I'd be cool with a cop abusing his authority.

Also, I believe it was @aceluby that once said his coworker would clip his toe nails at his desk right next to him.

:ack:

Yep, it was disgusting

45 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

'Manchester Uni SU has banned clapping in favour of jazz hands'  Can't link for some reason but if you search google for 'stupidest story on the internet today' i'm sure you will find it.

I don't even know where to begin.

Yeah I just read this...

i have a lot of thoughts

i think we should try our best to accommodate everyone & make activities and events accessible to all HOWEVER there are SOME things that I think individuals should take the responsibility for and work on themselves and a fear of clapping might be one of them...

maybe that’s me being awful & I really do think I am an open minded person but I do think some people need to take responsibility of their own anxieties and try to work around the rest of the world as opposed to the rest of the world working around them...

but maybe someone can explain this to me better as to why it’s needed...

Archived