Lysa and Jaime

Godfrey

Jaime would still only really be interested in Cersei, so it's likely they would be in an unhappy marriage which Littlefinger would try to take advantage of.

The only significant factor would be that Jaime would be under pressure from Tywin to get stuff done, so really the Vale might be better off if only for Tywin's indirect involvement. Lysa might be a bit happier/less paranoid if she had a couple kids with Jaime though.

I think it would've been an unhappy marriage, but I don't think Lysa would've turned crazy. I think it was a mixture of being forced to marry a man old enough to be her father, and the fact she kept having miscarriages. I doubt Jaime would have ever loved her, but he would've treated her kindly enough, and she would've had children to look after.  

On 9/18/2018 at 7:29 AM, Godfrey said:

This marriage was proposed after Roberts Rebellion

Robert's Rebellion didn't begin until 282 AC. The negotiations between Tywin and Hoster to betroth Jaime and Lysa took place up to 281 AC, when Aerys put an end to them by naming Jaime to his Kingsguard.

Do you think Lysa Arryn would've became crazy if she married Jaime Lannister?

Lysa's issues stemmed from her being in love with Petyr, and being forced by her father to abort her child with Petyr. A betrothal to Jaime probably wouldn't have stopped her from sleeping with Petyr, so long as Lysa and Petyr were still in Riverrun during the betrothal period. Things might have played out quite a bit differently had Lysa been betrothed to and wed Jaime, but she still would have had issues so long as she was prevented from being with Petyr, and having his chil[ren].

I'm guessing the Vale would've been much better if Jaime married her.

Jon Arryn would have been better off, as he presumably would have wed someone that wouldn't have murdered him. But Lysa also provided him with a son and heir in Robert. And she kept the Vale out of the War of the Five Kings, even against the will of House Royce and its supporters, who wanted to join the war on the side of King Robb Stark. It's possible the intervention of the Vale might have been able to help prevent some of the tragedies that befell House Stark and House Tully and their regions, but it is also possible that it would have just led to the Vale being dragged down and decimated with them.

I think that this would have been a much better alternative to what actually happened in their lives. From what we know of lysa is that she was a pretty dreamy girl much like sansa was. Everyone that knew her as a girl all said she was pretty only that she grew to be a ugly woman but I believe that happened due to the way she lived. She was unhappy and depressed. But if she wound up marrying Jaime I think everything would have been different for her. For one she the lady of one of the most powerful great houses in westeros. Second she's married to one of the most handsome young great knights in the realm and I believe that these things would have put her in a different mental condition.

I think this would have been too perfect for Jaime. First it would forcibly move him away from cercei and give him a chance to try another woman. Also he would never have joined the kingsguard and allowed him to keep casterly rock which is what he really did want. 

Overall I believe that they would've been much happier with these circumstances than what actually happened.

Archived