The Last Airbender: Live Action on Netflix!

fionwe1987

I guess the other important thing is that these are all "safe" projects in the sense LOTR, GOT, avatar and Watchmen (although not sure how successful this was as a film the graphic novel is undisputed) are going to have to be awful to drive a fanbase away. If they are successful it encourages them to be braver with other adaptations and some of those creators may eventually get to make something of their own. Conversely we get a few flops and the door shuts for several years. 

I think if the mentioned shows are successful then it would be disappointing if the second wave of shows are remakes of films. 

I'm surprised how Lindelof hasn't tried to make his own show but if leftovers is any indication him "remixing" other people's ideas are fine.

For those who are frustrated at these types of show being made, they really need to watch and support "the dragon prince" as it's genuinely new. "Final space" might also be worth a try (although it's a show that doesn't yet know if it's a comedy or sci-fi ) as it's also original.

On 9/20/2018 at 6:56 AM, Werthead said:

The Valyria idea for a GoT spin-off sounds far, far superior and I'm amazing HBO didn't go for that option.

Valyria would have been extremely expensive, even for a $100+ million/season level show that a Game of Thrones prequel would inevitably be. All those dragons and the unusual architecture (assuming they didn't just change the latter into something much more bland). 

1 hour ago, All Souls Bass said:

Valyria would have been extremely expensive, even for a $100+ million/season level show that a Game of Thrones prequel would inevitably be. All those dragons and the unusual architecture (assuming they didn't just change the latter into something much more bland). 

Valyria would also mean they are probably stuck in one location unless it was covering their invasion of westeros too. It seems like the one they are going for will allow them to be pretty much like GOT but in a different time. Thanks to pretty much all fantasy existing permanently in one stage of development they'll probably have identical technology despite it being thousands of years earlier. The other reason I suspect they are doing the one they've suggested is because there'll probably be continuity in the form of

Bran the builder being a timetree traveling with version of GOT Bran [/spolier]

I think the other spin offs aren't completely off the table just not getting made right now. It may be the case the others are being developed further in case the current ones pilot is a mess.

Last post threatening to derail the thread, sorry. I have to admit I'm slowly becoming less hostile to the live action with the possibility they will actually tell a very different story with a different focus. Otherwise I can't get my head around why creators would want to do the same thing again.

Casting and production pictures going forward will help. I was also thinking back on how many of the voice actors in the show (and the Korea sequel) are live action actors too and it would be great to see them get roles (not necessarily as the characters they voiced). JK Simmons, Mark Hamil, Jason Isaacs, Clancy brown and more would all be welcome additions/guest stars in my opinion.

18 hours ago, red snow said:

Valyria would also mean they are probably stuck in one location unless it was covering their invasion of westeros too. It seems like the one they are going for will allow them to be pretty much like GOT but in a different time. Thanks to pretty much all fantasy existing permanently in one stage of development they'll probably have identical technology despite it being thousands of years earlier. The other reason I suspect they are doing the one they've suggested is because there'll probably be continuity in the form of

Reveal hidden contents

Bran the builder being a timetree traveling with version of GOT Bran [/spolier]

I think the other spin offs aren't completely off the table just not getting made right now. It may be the case the others are being developed further in case the current ones pilot is a mess.

I dunno. It seems like half of the nobility of Essos prides itself in having a bit of Valyrian in its bloodline. Valyrians obviously got around a bit. So they at least have of most of Essos to play around in for a pre-doom show. And there was always trade with Westeros, at least after the Andals took over, and probably while it was ruled by the First Men. Valyrians being on the South side of Essos also means exploration of Sothyros as a possibility.

Archived