U.S. Politics: Next-ennials vs stamps

lokisnow

8 hours ago, Mudguard said:

I read about the classmate that claimed this in a Facebook posting, and then quickly took it down and has essentially refused to talk about it any further.  Dr. Ford has asserted that she didn't tell anyone about the alleged assault until 2012.  If that is the case and the classmate is telling the truth, then Kavanaugh and/or Judge must have told other people about their assault of Ford since there is no indication that anyone else has first hand knowledge of the alleged assault.  It's possible they bragged about sexually assaulting a girl, but I think that it's unlikely.  Most people don't go around bragging about committing sexual assault.  If they were that kind of people, I would think that there should be many victims coming forward by now.  If they really did brag about it, the press should be able to confirm this and confirm that many of Ford's classmates heard about the assault.  Ford and Kavanaugh went to different schools, so for this to spread from Kavanaugh's school to Ford's school means that tons of people should have heard about the assault.  That this hasn't been confirmed yet suggests to me that the classmate didn't really hear about the assault at the time and was just being overzealous in her support of Ford.

Ford's accusations against Kavanaugh are believable to me.  I wouldn't say I'm convinced beyond a reasonable doubt though.  More around 50/50.  I'm naturally a skeptic though and want to see more evidence or corroboration of existing evidence.  If a couple more women accused Kavanaugh of similar behavior, then I'd be much more inclined to believe them, and I'm sure that Kavanaugh would then be finished.  Maybe that's why the Republican's want to hurry up the confirmation process.  If no one else comes forward though, Kavanaugh is getting confirmed within a couple weeks.

What part of the story that says Dr. Blasely disappeared from the social scene after the assault do you not understand?  People talked about that, and wondered why.  That is what was written. 

And yes, men do constantly boast about this bs behavior, which is why there was the code of omerta among the 'boyz bein' boyz' at Georgetown Prep, yes?  I.e. Kavanaugh himself boasting about what happens at GP stays at GP, yes?

Remember those 60 women vouching for Brett?

Crisis actors!

Mafia of Projection strikes again (read the whole thread)

From the r/politics thread

From what I understood all these people who were claiming that maybe it was someone else other than kavanaugh that tried to rape professor Ford, and all those wome who came forward claiming they were ex classmates and co workers of kavanaugh offering their support for his innocence were all employees or tied to a PR firm that was connected to Grassley himself. So basically Grassley orchestrated a movement in an attempt to attack Ford and make it look like kavanaugh is innocent.

[–]RussianTrollTroll [score hidden] 13 minutes ago 

The guy who just resigned as Grassley's comm guy was a former employee at the PR firm that was smearing Ford and praising Kavanaugh. Oh and also blaming the rape on another guy who had nothing to do with it.

Meaning it looks like fucking Grassley the head of the fucking Senate Judicial Committee was involved in a PR smear campaign against a woman who accused the nominee of sexual assault. Yeah, it's as slimy as it looks.

[–]LikesMoonPies [score hidden] 12 minutes ago 

And Whelan - the point person carrying the cooked up story to the public pointing the finger at the classmate - is Kavanaugh's longtime friend. No way Kavanaugh, himself, wasn't in on it.

[–]pipsdontsqueak [score hidden] 2 hours ago* 

Interesting, according to that Twitter thread, CRC also did the defamatory Swift Boat Veterans for Truth campaign.

The reputhug party should just do like the NRA and hire the russians for PR if this is the quality they get locally.

Also the fall guy that resigned? The propaganda organs of the state are reporting he resigned because he was 'accused of sexual abuse in the past', not this. Hired specifically for the Kavanaugh confirmation too as a cutoff between Grassley and CRC. Lol these amateur spy tactics.

Looking at the timeline it's highly likely that the one who leaked Dr. Ford name is Brett the rapist himself (to the GOP senators one of which - like a coward - leaked it to the press so she could be harassed and threatened with death and to the PR firm so they could start on their libel and conspiracy damage control). Another alternative if is Feinstein gave the letter to the FBI and they leaked it to the whitehouse/GOP and everything is the same but i don't believe it considering that they had a 'replacement' to defame, a PR firm with 60 'endorsements' and a girls team ready to go.

Gosh, it never ever stops, the revelations of the grossness and criminality and sexual perversion of the people among whom Kavanaugh's entire life has been lived.  They should all be in jail, at the very least.

Do the posters who keep defending Kavanaugh, who say that it wasn't proven he committed the sexual assault upon Dr. Blasey -- can you honestly say that this man, whose entire professional and social circles going back to adolescence are these ilks who commit such crimes and perversions, and who are racist bigots who prey on women and children?  And lie under oath and probably every time they open their damned mouths or put them on a keyboard?  Can you?  If you can, how, just how?

Really incredibly stupid. There are people trying to give Trump cover and say he is not trying to build a dictatorship. He is making it very clear that he is a power-drunk madman.

Trump Vows to “Get Rid” of “Lingering Stench” at Justice Department and FBI

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/09/trump-vows-to-get-rid-of-lingering-stench-at-justice-department-and-fbi.html?via=homepage_taps_top

President Donald Trump came out swinging at a familiar target Friday night, when he expressed optimism that he would be able to soon discard a “lingering stench” in the Justice Department and FBI. Although most of the people who opposed his administration in the department have left, there are still a few bad apples left, Trump 

The Trump administration proposed expanding its pre-election crackdown on immigration by denying green cards to legal immigrants if they or their dependents have received government assistance.

Under the new rule, which the Department of Homeland Security posted online Saturday, immigrants can be denied so-called "lawful permanent residency" if they’ve received certain government benefits--or if the government anticipates that they may do so in the future.

The measure represents the latest move by White House aide Stephen Miller to reduce drastically all immigration to the U.S., both legal and illegal, and reflects his strong conviction that doing so will improve congressional Republicans' chances in the midterm elections. The benefit programs targeted include the the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (food stamps), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (welfare), Medicaid, and Medicare Part D (prescription drug subsidies).

The regulation could force millions of low-income families to choose between government assistance and permanent settlement in the United States. Advocates fear it could ultimately restrict children's access to food and health care.

The move will affect mainly legal immigrants and their families, since undocumented immigrants are not eligible for most federal benefits.

Immigrants may be denied green cards if they’ve received welfare
The regulation could force millions of low-income families to choose between government assistance and permanent settlement in the U.S.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/22/poor-immigrants-green-cards-trump-836456

“There’s an enormous amount of frustration on the part of sexual assault experts who have spent endless hours with judiciary committee staff,” said Kim Gandy, president of the National Network to End Domestic Violence, one of the groups in the task force. “They are outraged at the behavior of senators publicly treating a survivor of sexual assault in this manner. We’ve expended all this time trying to work with them, and this is where we end up?” 

Sexual Assault Groups Stop Work With Senators Over Treatment Of Christine Blasey Ford
“Your actions and comments in the past week have taken us back 25 years,” a coalition of advocates wrote the Senate Judiciary Committee.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/sexual-assault-groups-christine-blasey-ford_us_5ba571d3e4b0375f8f9cf455

6 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Why is Ted Cruz campaigning on behalf of Beto O'Rourke? :blink:

Cruz 2018 will be studied for how not to run a social media campaign. I realize Cruz is a hard turd to sell despite being a hardline conservative in a red state, but at every step they have highlighted just how loathsome and clueless he is in every respect.  Beto is charming sure,  but usually it is not for a candidate’s own people to stress just how much more charming and compassionate the newcomer is compared to the incumbent.

On 9/18/2018 at 7:38 PM, lokisnow said:

Kids these days! Did you know the next generation are worse than millenials? They don’t even know where to buy a stamp, the ones in college! Also filling out forms is hard!

https://wtop.com/local/2018/09/why-college-students-dont-vote-absentee-they-dont-know-where-to-buy-a-postage-stamp/

edit: apparently the label X-ennial I had heard of but not internalized is reserved for a precious cadre of elderly millennials who want to identify as Gen X instead of millenials because they're soooooo embarassed by their younger sibs.

therefore, I hearby invent the label Next-ennials for the post millenial generation because all the suggested labels for them suck.[/i]

There's also this thing where Gen X ends in like 1977, and Millennials begin in 1983 (don't remember the exact numbers. What about those of us born in 1979? I've heard X-ennial used for those of us in the gap, but hell, I don't know. I feel like if you exist in that neglected gap, that makes you Gen X by definition.

I also hate all these narratives but damn young kids being so dumb. They're fine. The better answer than they don't know where to get a stamp is that they just didn't feel all that moved to figure it out. 

Actually 'kids today' are pretty much not fine, mainly because they're either going to be in debt for 20 years from college, or going to find their college degrees semi-useless when the grand conspiracy to ruin college from the DeVos comes to fruition and launches the country into a immense depression (which they'll have to bail out the bankers ... again) and consolidates the public colleges into private for profit education.

The plan is literally to make the youth stupider because the party is all about projection and it's been well 'tested' to 'work' in the red states. Anyway, Canada should invest in many many bigly nuclear weapons if they don't want to be invaded in, say, 4 to 10 years by fascist america if they go full dictator. Mexico is a given sadly. By then they'll be going full blown genocide, not only concentration camps.

I remember back in 2007 that when i was in public college in europe some company or other was trying to advertise master degrees in stanford (or somewhere) and the cost per semester was 10 times the my price per semester (something like 5000 euros vs 500). Larger than *all* of my public education so far. Looool.

A Grassroots Call to Ban Gerrymandering
Voters Not Politicians gathered an astounding 425,000 signatures in Michigan to secure a spot on the November ballot for a proposed constitutional amendment creating a citizens’ commission for redistricting.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/09/a-grassroots-movement-in-michigan-has-gerrymandering-in-the-crosshairs/570949/

Voters Not Politicians’ efforts have pushed Michigan, a swing state that swung to Donald Trump in 2016, to the forefront of the national movement to fight gerrymandering, the manipulation of election maps for partisan advantage. Michigan is the largest of four states voting in November on proposed changes to how voting districts are drawn after each census. A win in Michigan, one of the most gerrymandered states in the nation, could be a turning point for the growing effort to end partisan redistricting one state at a time.

Their proposal would amend Michigan’s constitution to create a 13-member redistricting commission made up of regular citizens: four Republicans, four Democrats, and five independents or members of minor parties. People would apply to join, and the commissioners would be randomly selected from among the qualified applicants, though legislative leaders would be able to strike a few names from the list. To keep political insiders off the commission, the proposal bans partisan elected officials, candidates for partisan offices, lobbyists, political consultants, members of party governing committees, state employees outside civil service, and their close relatives from serving on the commission.

More important, says Fahey, the proposal would embed fairness in redistricting into the state constitution. “We directly make gerrymandering illegal,” she says. (“Districts shall not provide a disproportionate advantage to any political party,” the proposal reads. “Districts shall not favor or disfavor an incumbent elected official or a candidate.”)

1 hour ago, Morpheus said:

Cruz 2018 will be studied for how not to run a social media campaign. I realize Cruz is a hard turd to sell despite being a hardline conservative in a red state, but at every step they have highlighted just how loathsome and clueless he is in every respect.  Beto is charming sure,  but usually it is not for a candidate’s own people to stress just how much more charming and compassionate the newcomer is compared to the incumbent.

And aren't they all!

Kavanaugh is said to have a calander from 1982 that he is gonna use as evidence to show he was never at that party. One, who keeps a calander that long? two, what teenage boy keeps a calander and one that long? three, this doesn't prove anything. four, I thought this happened in 83 not 82?

3 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Lindsay Graham already said he doesn’t give a fuck what Dr. Ford says, he is on Kavanaugh’s side. I expect many of the Republicans who will be at the hearing are the same.

Well Graham and the other 6 white republican men on the judiciary committee were against signing violence against women act 2013.

White House spokesperson Kerri Kupec said of those who allegedly attended the party, "One week ago, Dr. Christine Ford claimed she was assaulted at a house party attended by four others. Since then, all four of these individuals have provided statements to the Senate Judiciary Committee denying any knowledge of the incident or even having attended such a party."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/22/politics/kavanaugh-ford-accuser-nomination/index.html

Archived