Football: Remain in Europe

Iskaral Pust

19 hours ago, Iskaral Pust said:

In other news, Salah got injured for Egypt (muscle strain), and now Mane has broken his thumb(!) in training for Senegal.  And VVD hurt his ribs again for Netherlands.  I guess we're just lucky Lallana didn't get injured for England again.

Keita injured too now.  He had to be helped off the field last night. 

On the topic of De Gea, I wonder if Juve would/should be interested.

Buffon is gone, and while Sczeczceczncny is a good keeper, I think De Gea would be a significant upgrade.

Juve are notoriously fond of picking up Bosman players as well.

I expect both Juve and PSG would be very interested in De Gea either on a free transfer in 2020 or if he makes it clear that he has no intention of renewing. Word coming out of United is that De Gea's contract renewal has been made a top priority and that significant progress has been made over the contract extensions of Shaw and Martial. 

excellent cross and header to put Chelsea up at home. 

we are in montreal this weekend and lack the freedom to watch any epl game like in the states. plus is I wont have to watch Newcastle lose to a side they should beat. it is going to be a painful ride... again. 

and to think I met Alan Shearer recently.  thought I would share that!

10 minutes ago, MercurialCannibal said:

excellent cross and header to put Chelsea up at home. 

Awful marking from Pogba though.

10 minutes ago, MercurialCannibal said:

and to think I met Alan Shearer recently.  thought I would share that!

That’s pretty cool. Was he in the US?

Yeah that assistant coach is an asshat. Having said that, Mourinho is a colossal d-bag in his own right, so I thought it was funny. Barkley is having himself a nice little run of things. I like our depth at midfield. Morata and defensive lapses are our weak point. I've been wondering for some time when we consider Morata a loss and move on? He's invisible out there, and when you notice him it's only when he botches opportunities. I would think for both him and us, it would be best to move on and part ways. He's still in his mid 20's and would surely like a new setting.

Disappointing conceding in the 6th minute of added time but we did a whole lot better than I thought we would. Our record at Stamford Bridge is really poor even at the best of times and given the form of the respective teams, I thought we would not even be in the game. All things considered, a draw is a decent result for us. 

47 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Disappointing conceding in the 6th minute of added time but we did a whole lot better than I thought we would. Our record at Stamford Bridge is really poor even at the best of times and given the form of the respective teams, I thought we would not even be in the game. All things considered, a draw is a decent result for us. 

Yeah, but on the other hand we were doing really well and then Jose took two attackers off for a defensive midfielder and a non-footballer and we lost all momentum.

Anyway, Watford are big-brothering Wolves right now. They've had similarly good starts to the season but there's a gap in class between them on the pitch so far, Watford just casually better in every area without needing to do anything really special. Wolves need to change something coz their midfield isn't getting hold of the ball and they're very dependent on that area.

9 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Yeah, but on the other hand we were doing really well and then Jose took two attackers off for a defensive midfielder and a non-footballer and we lost all momentum.

All-purpose summary of 50% of Mourinho games in the last five years.

Archived