Iskaral Pust

Football: Remain in Europe

Spurs put up a better fight in the 2nd half and turned it into an interesting game. Messi was sensational - scored two and hit the post twice. 

Klopp waits far too long to make subs sometimes. Napoli had been dominating for a long time before we made changes and it's so difficult to change mindsets after that amount of time.

Wijnaldum must really have a lot of Klopp nudey pics though. Has he even been subbed off this season? He's been at best meh, and at worst utterly hopeless, but apparently he's untouchable. It's Joe Allen with Brendan Rodgers all over again, ffs.

I like Napoli though, and they were good value for their win. It's always nice to see a team of committed, hard-working (and skillful, of course) players.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

Klopp waits far too long to make subs sometimes.

He's not going to change this,so we'll have to deal with it unfortunately.

Also,5 or 10 minutes left and he brings on Sturridge ffs.TAA was getting exposed so many times,everyone could see the Napoli goal was coming and he brings on a striker.

Alisson saved us again,it could easily have been 2-0 or more.

Salah looks shattered.Gomes the only other positive along with VVD.

Edited by AncalagonTheBlack

I've no problem with him bringing on Sturridge, we had plenty of defence-minded players on the pitch. I thought TAA was fine defensively for the most part, though of course he's the fullback who pushes forward more so of course he'll be caught now and again. His passing was a bit sloppy today though, so he can certainly do a lot better there.

Another assist for Jadon Sancho tonight. He has to be in the England squad tomorrow. Surprisingly for a winger, what stands out the most with him is his passing - like with the reverse ball for Larsen today. Also for a player of his experience he has good vision and is very selfless in not having a shot himself if a teammate is better placed.

I feel sorry for Gazza in dropping out for Lloris when he goes and puts in a performance like that. Spurs were luck that his second screw up somehow didn’t lead to a goal as well.

18 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

I like Napoli though, and they were good value for their win. It's always nice to see a team of committed, hard-working (and skillful, of course) players.

Koulibaly is such an immense player. Allan out played our entire midfield as well. Hopefully PSG sweeps Napoli and Liverpool manage to get 6 pts from Red Star.

Which side does Sancho play on?

I guess the issue for him is that England are kind of okay, forward-wise, with Hazza, Razza and... Rashford.

More than anything, England need creative midfielders at the moment, much like Liverpool. Just hopefully not horrible dickheads like Maddison though.

Just now, AncalagonTheBlack said:

IMHO,we will never win anything with that midfield.

For sure. Gini/Milner/Hendo is about as average a midfield as it gets. Gotta hope Keita and Fabinho live up to their expectations and that Ox comes back strong next year :dunno: 

Just now, Mark Antony said:

For sure. Gini/Milner/Hendo is about as average a midfield as it gets. Gotta hope Keita and Fabinho live up to their expectations and that Ox comes back strong next year :dunno: 

Well,Keita has not been exactly lighting up the footy so far has he? Could be he and Fabinho would need a full season to settle down.Fingers crossed his injury is nothing major.

I also wish we had sold Lallana as he so injury prone.We might come to regret not buying Fekir when we had the chance.

I am an Inter supporter so I watched only the game vs PSV, but viewed the highlights afterwards however, what a football night.

A shame that one of Napoli, PSG and Liverpool must go home after groups. I have a soft spot for Liverpool so I hope they go through. Although tonight they obviously got outplayed by Napoli, at least from what I grasped from highlights and stats. 

Liverpool has a good opportunity to beat Red Star two games in a row while PSG/Napoli having a tough fight.

Disappointing to concede so late but we were second best and, unfortunately, continuing a decline over the past three games.  Albeit very tough games. 

With us beating PSG, Napoli beating us but also only drawing with Red Star, this is shaping up to be a group of death.  It could be very close between the top three.  Hopefully our forward line recovers some semblance of form, and our MF some energy and creativity, for the games against Red Star.  If we drop points to them then we’re facing the EL. 

Napoli at Anfield will be a different game, but first we need to learn a lesson from the past three games.  Two losses and a barely-saved draw is a big reversal in form. 

19 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

and our MF some energy and creativity,

I think the issue is, with the guys we're playing in advanced roles at the moment, there really isn't any.

Milner / Wijnaldum in advanced roles have had the same issue in every single game. We don't create a great deal from our own play, but instead rely on counters. They both work hard (but then who doesn't for us?), but Milner is only useful in an attacking sense when he's out wide, and Wijaldum is only truly good at hoarding blackmail material on Klopp.

I think our forwards have masked an awful lot of our inadequacies in most of the games this season, and they're becoming a little more exposed with the lack of form and the quality opposition.

I've a terrible feeling Klopp will just plough on ahead exactly the same, brainlessly, and City will pump us.

Sad the game wasn't on here, but super excited to see Napoli get the win.

Was badly needed after the draw against Red Star.

What a hell of a game Spurs v Barça was. Weird to think that Spurs might be on their road to EL at the moment.

Also awkward to figure that they could have conceded 6 yesterday, with Messi hitting the post twice... on similar situations for what it matters. Over the last seasons, Spurs were a reference when it comes to defensive abilities, but now they appear to concede much more chances. Vertonghen is still one of the very best CB in the league, but Alder appears to decline, Walker departed, and albeit they stil have plenty of quality FBs, Lloris sometimes has his moments of idiocy (where was he going on that Coutinho goal ? u_u)

But in total fairness, playing Barcelona without Dembele, Eriksen and Dele, was tough. Especially in a stadium which is not totally theirs. An issue is that this Wembley situation is gonna last for a few months again.

14 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

He's not going to change this,so we'll have to deal with it unfortunately.

Also,5 or 10 minutes left and he brings on Sturridge ffs.TAA was getting exposed so many times,everyone could see the Napoli goal was coming and he brings on a striker.

Alisson saved us again,it could easily have been 2-0 or more.

Salah looks shattered.Gomes the only other positive along with VVD.

To be honest, Gomez made some passes that looked too close to Napoli's strikers for comfort. Sure, they didn't intercept them so it's not that big a deal but it could've gone the other way relatively easily.

13 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

Koulibaly is such an immense player. Allan out played our entire midfield as well. Hopefully PSG sweeps Napoli and Liverpool manage to get 6 pts from Red Star.

If Liverpool can't take 6 points off Crvena Zvezda they have no business in the Champions League. Their draw against Napoli was a sensation and it's not likely to repeat. Napoli could've won that match by a 4-5 goals margin and wouldn't be undeserving.

15 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

Which side does Sancho play on?

I guess the issue for him is that England are kind of okay, forward-wise, with Hazza, Razza and... Rashford.

More than anything, England need creative midfielders at the moment, much like Liverpool. Just hopefully not horrible dickheads like Maddison though.

Mainly left but quite a bit on the right too. He doesn’t fit in well to the starting xi, but his best performances are generally later on in games anyway. If Southgate uses the World Cup system then I’d try bringing him on for Sterling with 20 to go.