Cersei meeting Dany

Sigella

I'm completely stoked for Cersei meeting Dany and I'm curious what your thoughts are on it. 

Do you think it will happen? Is the "Younger more beautiful queen"-fortune foreshadowing it?

Which POV would get the honour to witness it live? I'm hoping Cersei, it would impact her the most personally, imo.

How do you think it will go?

4 hours ago, Sigella said:

I'm completely stoked for Cersei meeting Dany and I'm curious what your thoughts are on it. 

Do you think it will happen? Is the "Younger more beautiful queen"-fortune foreshadowing it?

Which POV would get the honour to witness it live? I'm hoping Cersei, it would impact her the most personally, imo.

I don't think these two will meet in battle.  Cersei's main adversary are the Starks.  It's been this way since she had Sansa's direwolf killed.  The High Septon is an intermediate adversary who she will defeat.  Cersei's enemy is the team of Petyr Baelish and Sansa Stark.  I believe she will prevail over them but be weakened in the process.  She won't stand a chance against the white walkers.  

The younger, more beautiful queen taking everything from her is Dany.  It simply means Dany's coronation as the ruler of the Seven Kingdoms after her dragons have cleaned up the white walkers in the south.  

13 hours ago, Princess Daenerys said:

I don't think these two will meet in battle.  Cersei's main adversary are the Starks.  It's been this way since she had Sansa's direwolf killed.  The High Septon is an intermediate adversary who she will defeat.  Cersei's enemy is the team of Petyr Baelish and Sansa Stark.  I believe she will prevail over them but be weakened in the process.  She won't stand a chance against the white walkers.  

The younger, more beautiful queen taking everything from her is Dany.  It simply means Dany's coronation as the ruler of the Seven Kingdoms after her dragons have cleaned up the white walkers in the south.  

IDK if they will meet in battle either - although I do think they will meet. I think there will be a big female vs female face-off and I am not sure if it will be Arya and Cersei or Dany and Cersei.

I think, that the younger queen is Margaery, and that Dany and Cersei will never meet, because by the time Dany will arrive to Westeros, Cersei will be already long dead, killed by valonqar (who is, probably, Jaime).

There's Sansa with her Knights of The Vale, Euron with his Iron Fleet, fAegon with his Golden Company, Tyrells with their Rose Army, Jon with his army of wildlings, all of them are closer to Cersei than Dany, and all of them are eager to kill Cersei, while Dany is still far away in Essos, still dealing with her Dothraki and slaves problems. So by the time Dany will arrive to Westeros, the others will already deal with all inner problems of 7K, including Cersei.

3 hours ago, Megorova said:

I think, that the younger queen is Margaery, and that Dany and Cersei will never meet, because by the time Dany will arrive to Westeros, Cersei will be already long dead, killed by valonqar (who is, probably, Jaime).

There's Sansa with her Knights of The Vale, Euron with his Iron Fleet, fAegon with his Golden Company, Tyrells with their Rose Army, Jon with his army of wildlings, all of them are closer to Cersei than Dany, and all of them are eager to kill Cersei, while Dany is still far away in Essos, still dealing with her Dothraki and slaves problems. So by the time Dany will arrive to Westeros, the others will already deal with all inner problems of 7K, including Cersei.

But the younger more beautiful queen comes after the children deaths? or am I freewheeling here?

1 hour ago, Sigella said:

But the younger more beautiful queen comes after the children deaths? or am I freewheeling here?

Nah, your right, comes after. The ymbq will take everything she holds dear. 

I do think Cersei will live long enough to see Dany, and that conversation would be marvelous. Not that I think Dany is the ymbq, but Margery neither.

Its almost definitely Sansa, because for her to take everything Cersei holds dear doesnt even begin to describe poetic justice. Now that conversation Ive been waiting years for and it should be epic. I hope its Cerseis pov, but Sansas wont be bad either. Hell, Id be happy to have one of Varys' little birds pov through walls and tapestries 

26 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

Nah, your right, comes after. The ymbq will take everything she holds dear. 

I do think Cersei will live long enough to see Dany, and that conversation would be marvelous. Not that I think Dany is the ymbq, but Margery neither.

Its almost definitely Sansa, because for her to take everything Cersei holds dear doesnt even begin to describe poetic justice. Now that conversation Ive been waiting years for and it should be epic. I hope its Cerseis pov, but Sansas wont be bad either. Hell, Id be happy to have one of Varys' little birds pov through walls and tapestries 

Either or sounds awesome to me. I want both to happen now...

On 9/20/2018 at 7:11 PM, Sigella said:

The prophecy could be not strictly chronological. It does say, that Cersei will have three children, and that they will have golden hair (or golden crowns) and that all three of them will die, and then another part of the prophecy about younger queen, and another part about Cersei's own death, from the hands of Valoqar.

The point is, it doesn't mean, that first, all of her three children will die, one after the other, and only then the younger queen will take her place. I see it like this - Joffrey died, not long after Margaery came to King's Landing; it's unlikely, that Myrcella will even return back to KL, and she will die soon, so Cersei has already lost her, even though Myrcella is still alive for now; and Tommen was taken away from Cersei, by Margaery and by Faith (<- this is that third dog, that took the bone/Tommen away, while Cersei and Margaery were fighting). So basically Cersei has already lost her children, and she also has lost Jaime, and Margaery is already the Queen, while Cersei officially is only dowager-Queen (widow of ex-King), so Cersei has already lost her crown too. And then the two of her remaining children will die, and Cersei will be killed by Valoqar.

Cersei thinks Tyrion is hiding in the walls of Maegor's Holdfast watching her as she pretends to be Robert while bedding Taena of Myr. That was before the Faith got a hold of her and drove her further into insanity and paranoia. If she is still alive by the time Dany comes knocking she'll probably think Dany is Rhaegar coming to rescue her and propose marriage.

I believe by the time Dany gets to Westeros Aegon would have cleaned house with the Lannister/Baratheon regime and installed himself as king, probably with Margaery as his queen and Dany's initial purpose when landing in Westeros would be to fight to take the throne from her possible nephew. After that she would then go to the Wall to deal with the Others. Which means she is likely to skip the downfall of Cersei.

I think they could possibly meet. If the ymbq prophesy is to be believed, I don't think it would be Aegon who would defeat Cersei. I'm not sure the queen would be Dany either. I see Cersei watching from the sidelines as Dany and Aegon fight each other. Maybe Dany defeats Aegon and then turns towards the lannisters, with Cersei somehow having managed to accrue power.

I am looking forward to Dany and Cersei meeting too. And I do hope both live long enough for that.

As for the possibility of Aegon defeating Cersei before Dany gets to Westeros: I doubt that.

I don't have in-world reasons for that. My reasons are on the meta-level. They come from the dramaturgy:

If Cersei is one of the major antagonists then it makes no sense for her to lose before the finale. Vice versa if Aegon is just a second-line hero (at best) and not one of the big five then it makes no sense for him to defeat a main antagonist before the finale.

Thus I think the reason GRRM pushes the Aegon story atm is the purpose of giving Cersei someone fight (and to win against, scoring villain-points and further building up Cersei's stature) while Dany is still bound in Essos. Cersei's win may look unlikely atm - but that's typical GRRM. Make the good guys look like they have a good chance, then cut them off at the knees for drama.

My conclusion is we have an excellent chance that Cersei will still be around when Dany arrives. :D

I think they will meet. I believe that the younger, more beautiful queen is Daenerys, Margaery was just a red herring (for Cersei more than for us).

Tommen and Myrcella will die, or at least I don't see another explanation for the use of the word "shrouds". And after that, it will be Dany to take all that Cersei holds dear, that is power. That's why I don't think that FAegon will manage to take the throne...

honestly I can't imagine how it would happen, and I don't see it happening.

Characters in diferent sides hardly meet in Asoaif. It's one of the reasons why is not my favorite book. Meeting like Doran and Tywin, or Robb and Tywin, Stannis and Roose do not happen. The big exeption I see to this is Renly and Stannis.

On 9/19/2018 at 1:15 PM, Sigella said:

I don't think they will meet in battle because Cersei is not about to lead the Lannisters to battle.  If it happens it will take place in the throne room with Queen Daenerys Targaryen waltzing in with her entourage to pull Cersei off of her father's throne.  

On 9/19/2018 at 6:05 PM, Princess Daenerys said:

Too many things can go wrong with Petyr's plans.  Petyr & Sansa vs. Cersei & Qyburn.  I'll go with Cersei and Qyburn winning this fight.  

9 hours ago, Bowen 747 said:

I don't think they will meet in battle because Cersei is not about to lead the Lannisters to battle.  If it happens it will take place in the throne room with Queen Daenerys Targaryen waltzing in with her entourage to pull Cersei off of her father's throne.  

Yeah, I didn't mean battle. :)

Archived