Let's congratulate GRRM on his 70th birthday, yay!

Ealdorman Halasahr

What a special day it is, especially on this part of the Internet, right? George R. R. Martin, or GRRM, was born in Bayonne, New Jersey, September 20, 1948. Today, he's turning 70!

So, I for one would like to congratulate Mr. Martin on his birthday, and I'm guessing you guys want that, too.

May you live long, and prosper, GRRM.

Dear Mr. Martin, Thank you for giving us such an excellent set of books, characters, mysteries, adventures, themes. You have enriched my life. Long may you live unbowed, unbent, and unbroken.

Sincerely,

Seams

P.S. Will there be a name day tournament? Who will be the master of the lists? Oh, I know already: your publisher. Screw him! Let's start with the feast.

8 hours ago, Ealdorman Halasahr said:

Today, he's turning 70!

So, I for one would like to congratulate Mr. Martin on his birthday

Somehow this reminded me of Bilbo's birthday scene in LotR ('I am eleventy-one today!' 'Hurray! Hurray!' etc).

I just had to pull the book off the shelves and have a read. So here's a little birthday quote from the mother and father of all fantasy birthdays:

The guests were not disappointed: they had a very pleasant feast, in fact an engrossing entertainment: rich, abundant, varied, and prolonged.

Thanks for everything, GRRM.

Archived