What would Ned have done if Jon had white hair and purple eyes?

Kaibaman

3 hours ago, Jova Snow said:

And even after marrying Martell, Dayne and Blackwood women Targaryen features were prominent. 

That because GRRM has said that genetics doesn't work the same way it does in our world.

The only family with a actual distinct look that lasted for generations was the Habsburgs of Austria and that is because they intermarried so tightly they became severely inbred.

The Targ would be hecking dead if there wasn't something whack up with their genomes.

7 hours ago, Ylath's Snout said:

That because GRRM has said that genetics doesn't work the same way it does in our world.

The only family with a actual distinct look that lasted for generations was the Habsburgs of Austria and that is because they intermarried so tightly they became severely inbred.

The Targ would be hecking dead if there wasn't something whack up with their genomes.

If I recall some Targs were born with webbed feet, scaly skin and dragon wings. So just like the Hapsburgs it appears that inbreeding did create a host of problems for their gene pool. And of course there is the fact that mental illness runs in the family which might have increased as the Targs continued their tradition of inbreeding, which led to Aerys being the worst case out of all of them.

5 hours ago, Kaibaman said:

If I recall some Targs were born with webbed feet, scaly skin and dragon wings. So just like the Hapsburgs it appears that inbreeding did create a host of problems for their gene pool.

Assuming that's true and not just in-univers rumor scaly skin and dragon wings aren't biologically possible for a human to produce.

The Targs "should" be completely infertile, have severe mental problem, the kind that prevents your from taking care of basic survival functions and die of medical complication vary early.

Fact is the Targ or Vallyrians at large can't be baseline humans. The levels of inbreeding they indulge in should have made them all dead and/or non-functional.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 7:28 AM, Ylath's Snout said:

Who do you think Jon's ma and pa is if not R+J?

There are many available choices.  The one that I would like to see is Lyanna and Brandon.  The next choice is Lyanna and Mance.  Ashara and Brandon, Ashara and Ned are not favorites of mine but I will acknowledge that they are possible.  And yes, alright, Lyanna and Rhaegar is also possible.  I'm just not convinced of it.  I am not liking Lyanna and Arthur, for reasons that I do not want to get into at the moment, but I suppose that is also on the table.  It was interesting for a while but more thoughts on it made it less interesting.  

Archived