US Politics: Crossing that Ford

Fragile Bird

Commentary on NPR - WNYC AM, which is broadcasting all of it -- which as I didn't shut off the radio when I left the house, it was on when I came home again, and I could't make myself shut it off.  Good grief, how weak I am.

Nina Tottenberg says many legal experts and professionals are saying outside the room in conversation that even if he gets voted on to SCOTUS, he would legally have to recuse himself from just about all case brought because everybody is involved in this.  So he couldn't be an effective member of the bench for the rethugs.

14 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

*hearing comments interruption*

The SEC is suing Elon Musk personally and asking he be banned from holding any position with a public company, on account of fraud. Musk earlier this year sent out a tweet (he has 22M followers) claiming funding had been secured to take Tesla private at $420 per share. Because that's the marijuana number, and would amuse his girlfriend.

Musk is a big Trump supporter. Wait and see how quickly Trump attacks the SEC.

*hearing comments continue*

Not surprising, I saw "Tucker A Man and His Dream" fifteen years ago or so, I knew auto and oil interests would do anything and everything possible to make sure he's stopped at the moment just before he succeeds. it's how the universe works.

Global Warming wins again!

Just now, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

I've never liked Sen. Blumenthal, but that was a master stroke of prosecuting right there. 

Sure, if you have an hour and half. You have 5 minutes so get to the fucking point. Sorry, but the Dems have been pathetic. They've been run over by Kavanaugh at every turn, they've allowed him to interrupt him over and over and they've allowed him to filibuster completely. Kavanaugh is going to get confirmed.

1 hour ago, Kalbear said:

Once again, I say - if the Republicans push through Kavanaugh, a very reasonable play is for the Democrats - whenever they can - to push for impeachment of Kavanaugh based on these things - and now, his absurdly emotional, tainted testimony in front of the world. 

I'd almost be for that at this point. 

nah, we'll never get impeachment.

however if he does get onto the court, it does make it easier for democrats to respond with court packing. 

if they win presidency, and majorities in both the house and senate: just don't adopt senate rules at the start of the term, hold off adopting them for a few months. That makes everything majority rule and no committees. pass a couple simple things, like say, "the number of supreme court seats shall not be less than the number of courts of appeals" once passed into law, the president immediately appoints four people to the supreme court.

then, pass a supreme court constitutional amendment that establishes the same standard (as well as age restrictions and term limits for all court justices), and send that out to states to be ratified. :-p 

that that would all be easier to accomplish than impeaching kavanaugh.

This guy is straight up lying under oath, the sex-crimes prosecutor is only questioning the victim and not the guy accused of the sex crime and the Dems are so fucking slow that they ask one question in 5 minutes while he eats up half the time with an anecdote that has nothing to do with the question. This is painful to watch.

Archived