US Politics: Crossing that Ford

Fragile Bird

Is there anything more pathetically disgusting than a guy who spent his entire life bragging to everyone that he hit any female that crossed his path suddenly squealing he never had sex in hs and college, and for years and years was a virgin??????? Which do you believe?  Which can you believe?  Can you believe anything except hat he's a liar, liar, liar, liar, all the time, including under oath?  You want this piece of cow pie on the bench of the SCOTUS???????????

I keep thinking someone has sent a Trump impersonator to the UN. Yesterday he toasted the UN and praised work it does, and today he's opening the session by saying it's a great honor to be there. Wtf?

Of course, he's gutted donation programs to various parts of the UN. 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/sep/26/new-york-times-advert-christine-blasey-ford-anita-hill-men-support

NY Times ad in support of Dr. Blasey and an investigation into Kavanaugh, signed by 1600 men.  Compared and contrasted with the one in support of Anita Hill in 1991.  She too was not allowed to have supporting witnesses and there was no investigation of Thomas.

No idea what to make of these tea leaves, but... Yesterday it was reported that at a Senate GOP Lunch, leadership told everyone to stay in town through next Tuesday so they could move quickly on Kavanaugh after the hearing. And last night it was also reported that the Judiciary Committee will vote on him on Friday (not that that vote actually prevents him from getting a floor vote). However, this morning it was reported that Jeff Flake will be giving a speech at a New Hampshire college on Monday with the title "A Rejection of Destructive Politics and a Return to Principle."

The speech itself could just be his usual all talk-no action, but planning to be out of town precisely when he's supposed to be in town to vote seems like an odd move. This isn't the first time he's conveniently been out of town either. Him spending August as an election observer in Africa, even though the recess was cancelled, prevented McConnell from moving on a bunch of judicial nominations that month.

12 minutes ago, Crazy Cat Lady in Training said:

Avenatti just went public with his client. Her name is Julie Swetnick. 

https://twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/status/1044960428730843136

Well it would appear at least that the rumors flying yesterday that Avenatti was being tricked by 4chan users were wrong.

If these allegations are true though, I don't see how anyone could hand-wave them away. The Ford accusations, Kavanaugh could've (though didn't) gone with the defense of "I was young and stupid and I'm deeply sorry for what I did 35 years ago." and that may have been enough. But Swetnick, she's accusing him of being involved in multiple gang rapes at frat parties, including one of her.

11 minutes ago, Fez said:

Well it would appear at least that the rumors flying yesterday that Avenatti was being tricked by 4chan users were wrong.

If these allegations are true though, I don't see how anyone could hand-wave them away. The Ford accusations, Kavanaugh could've (though didn't) gone with the defense of "I was young and stupid and I'm deeply sorry for what I did 35 years ago." and that may have been enough. But Swetnick, she's accusing him of being involved in multiple gang rapes at frat parties, including one of her.

He's a serial rapist, and they need to drag Mark Judge in by his ears and make him testify.

Also, at what point can Maryland file criminal charges? There's no statute of limitations there. 

18 minutes ago, Fez said:

Because none of these corroborators are allowed to testify?  Because the rethugs have hired a 'female assistant' to do the questioning who manages to get child abusers off?  Because they refuse to investigate -- though plenty of others such as journalists and attorneys have found more and more disgusting behaviors of Kavanaugh and cronies?  Because they are voting Friday no matter what?

I am throwing up.

The full signed declaration from Avenatti's witness:

35 minutes ago, Fez said:

I think at the very least this will have to trigger a FBI investigation.

Also of note, IDK if any of you have ever had the FBI investigate your past for a government job, but let me tell you, it’s a bit of a joke. I was investigated by them when I tried to become a Navy intelligence officer, and the FBI couldn’t find my DUI from high school nor any of my partying ways. I was kind of stunned.    

4 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

I think at the very least this will have to trigger a FBI investigation.

Also of note, IDK if any of you have ever had the FBI investigate your past for a government job, but let me tell you, it’s a bit of a joke. I was investigated by them when I tried to become a Navy intelligence officer, and the FBI couldn’t find my DUI from high school nor any of my partying ways. I was kind of stunned.    

She has a public trust clearance, which isn't all that stringent, but people still get denied all the time. Even so, she is not going to risk that and her job, although I wouldn't put it past the GOP to find the flimsiest of excuses to strip her of her clearance. 

27 minutes ago, Crazy Cat Lady in Training said:

She has a public trust clearance, which isn't all that stringent, but people still get denied all the time. Even so, she is not going to risk that and her job, although I wouldn't put it past the GOP to find the flimsiest of excuses to strip her of her clearance. 

That’s not what I meant. I’m saying FBI background checks can miss a lot of things, so it’s easy to see how they could have missed some of these allegations. They would have had to find someone who knew about these events who was also willing to tell them. I’m sure they talked to a lot of his friends who were at these parties and I’m sure his friends said that Kavanaugh was a standup guy.

16 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

That’s not what I meant. I’m saying FBI background checks can miss a lot of things, so it’s easy to see how they could have missed some of these allegations. They would have had to find someone who knew about these events who was also willing to tell them. I’m sure they talked to a lot of his friends who were at these parties and I’m sure his friends said that Kavanaugh was a standup guy.

Ya -- how much you want to bet nobody talked to any women from back then.

13 hours ago, Bonnot OG said:

The Dems wont impeach anyone. They are fucking spineless and too concerned about their image.

Right now they should be vocal as fuck, tv ads, radio ads, social media etc, about how Kavanaugh is not  credible person and can't be taken seriously as a truth teller given the lies he has been telling.

Elected Democrats have never cared about Kavanaugh and they will not impeach him because he is their bro. 99.99% of elected Democrats are of the same caste as Kavanaugh. They went to the same kind of whites only schools that Kavanaugh attended, they went to and enjoyed the same kind of rape friendly parties that Kavanaugh attended, they preserve and participate and expand the same fucking disgusting culture of workaholicism combined with severe alcoholism and call it normal and laudable the same as Kavanaugh, they went to the same caste only universities Kavanaugh attended, they followed the same exclusive caste only career paths Kavanaugh used: basically all elected Democrats are all Kavanaugh clones, they won’t impeach Kavanaugh because they already are Kavanaugh, on either side they just tell different lies to constituencies to get elected.

35 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Ya -- how much you want to bet nobody talked to any women from back then.

Well obviously I can’t say for sure, but given the age at which the first background check likely occurred, I’m guessing they didn’t put a ton of weight on his high school years. They’d probably just talk to some teachers, coaches and teammates. The former two would not know about these accusations and the latter wouldn’t tell. After that though they probably put a lot more weight on his law school professors and classmates and previous employers after he got his law degree as that would be more relevant to the job he was seeking.

My wife was interviewed by the fbi once extensively for hours with a later follow up regarding one of her friends high school and college years since the friend was getting a security clearance.

they definitely look into it. But I would not be surprised if there is institutional misogyny that there is a silent understanding that some things for boys of a certain breeding will be overlooked and studiously ignored.

41 minutes ago, lokisnow said:

Elected Democrats have never cared about Kavanaugh and they will not impeach him because he is their bro. 99.99% of elected Democrats are of the same caste as Kavanaugh. They went to the same kind of whites only schools that Kavanaugh attended, they went to and enjoyed the same kind of rape friendly parties that Kavanaugh attended, they preserve and participate and expand the same fucking disgusting culture of workaholicism combined with severe alcoholism and call it normal and laudable the same as Kavanaugh, they went to the same caste only universities Kavanaugh attended, they followed the same exclusive caste only career paths Kavanaugh used: basically all elected Democrats are all Kavanaugh clones, they won’t impeach Kavanaugh because they already are Kavanaugh, on either side they just tell different lies to constituencies to get elected.

This might set a new personal record for you being over the top.  

Archived