Cast-o-phobia: We have a winner!!

honeyed chicken

Round Four nominations for a new actor to play Daario Naharis (replacing Michiel Huisman and Ed Skrein).

Voting on these actors is now open! Anyone can vote, even if you have not made a nomination.

1. Travis Fimmel

2. Alex Pettyfer

3. Ben Barnes

4. Tom Hardy

5. Zack McGowan

6.Johnny Depp

7. Vincent Cassel

If you have a different picture you want me to use pm me with it and I will swap them.

Deadline for round four voting and round five nomination submissions: Sunday, Oct. 14,  10 am-ish east coast time, USA. Due are nominations for Olenna and votes on the new Daario.

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

I’m very egoistic for this game. I can never vote for three entries and I always find my entry the best. :lol: 

I know exactly what you mean. I think what feels right to each one of us is different and personal. For example, this is my choice for Yara: Melissa O'Neil.

She was not even anybodies alternate pick. She's the star of a small Canadian scify show: Dark Matter. Not a great actor, but right attitude and look for Yara/Asha in my mind.

And more funnily, aside from the locations (which are great, imo) I have consistently loved Nine Gold's casting for GOT. I guess because it is mostly so good, the occasional clunkers stand out more. And the clunkers are mostly what I've focused on here in the first half of these games, to this point. After round 5 we'll turn and start to recast some major characters that were well done (imo).

34 minutes ago, honeyed chicken said:

I know exactly what you mean. I think what feels right to each one of us is different and personal. For example, this is my choice for Yara: Melissa O'Neil.

She was not even anybodies alternate pick. She's the star of a small Canadian scify show: Dark Matter. Not a great actor, but right attitude and look for Yara/Asha in my mind.

And more funnily, aside from the locations (which are great, imo) I have consistently loved Nine Gold's casting for GOT. I guess because it is mostly so good, the occasional clunkers stand out more. And the clunkers are mostly what I've focused on here in the first half of these games, to this point. After round 5 we'll turn and start to recast some major characters that were well done (imo).

Well, I've never seen that show, so I'm not familiar with her. This is the first time I've heard of her.

1st... zach mcgowan

2nd....travis fimmel...i can't see him in the weird beard etc as described in the text but as a daario in the show...yeah i can see him

3rd..ben barnes...

On 10/10/2018 at 10:36 AM, honeyed chicken said:

damn Chick, i would have voted for that girl. though i do not know her, i think she would make a badass yara...

On 10/11/2018 at 9:51 PM, rocksniffer said:

1st... zach mcgowan

2nd....travis fimmel...i can't see him in the weird beard etc as described in the text but as a daario in the show...yeah i can see him

3rd..ben barnes...

damn Chick, i would have voted for that girl. though i do not know her, i think she would make a badass yara...

Check out Dark Matter on Netflix - she's badass in that series.

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

May I make a humble suggestion? Maybe we don’t need 5 days for a round? Maybe 3 days would be enough? ( I mean nothing really happened for two days now) 

1 hour ago, Jez Bell said:

I second that 

Okey-dokey! I did take the extra time because 3 days put us on Friday, and Saturday I thought I would have a scheduling conflict. Turned out I could have done the report yesterday, but I'd already said Sunday, so I stuck with that. Will stick to three days going forward, when I can.

Am starting work on the round 4 results now - should be up in about half an hour.

1 minute ago, honeyed chicken said:

Okey-dokey! I did take the extra time because 3 days put us on Friday, and Saturday I thought I would have a scheduling conflict. Turned out I could have done the report yesterday, but I'd already said Sunday, so I stuck with that. Will stick to three days going forward, when I can.

Ultimately, it needs to be what is convenient for you, HC.  Just don't feel the need to give us loads of time for picks and votes. :)

On 10/13/2018 at 7:33 AM, honeyed chicken said:

Check out Dark Matter on Netflix - she's badass in that series.

i think i watched an epi or two, but it did not stick in my brain...of course with only one active brain cell that shouldn't surprise me...

and i don't know why i did not think of it but this beauty would be a great yara...

Round Four Voting Results: Daario Naharis

1.      Travis Fimmel (RhaenysBee): 1st, 1st, 3rd, 2nd = 9 (plus 16 points brought forward)

2.      Zack McGowan (Annara Snow): 3rd, 3rd, 2nd, 1st = 7 (plus 22 points brought forward)

3.      Tom Hardy (rocksniffer) 3rd, 3rd, 1st = 5 (plus 7 points brought forward)

4.      Ben Barnes (Jez Bell): 2nd, 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd = 11 (plus 30 points brought forward)

5.      Johnny Depp (Raisin bran): = 0 (plus 16 points brought forward)

6.      Vincent Cassel (Dolorous Gabe): 2nd, 1st, 2nd = 7 (plus 21 brought forward)

7.      Alex Pettyfer (Meera of Tarth):  = 0 (plus 6 brought forward)

Standings through round four

1. Jez Bell - 41 points

2. Annara Snow - 29 points

3. Dolorous Gabe - 28 points

4. RhaenysBee - 25 points

5. Raisin Bran - 16 points 

6. Rock Sniffer - 12 points

7. Meera of Tarth - 6 points

8. dbunting - 4 points

Round Five nominations for  a new actor to play Olenna Tyrell (replacing Diana Rigg).

Voting on these actors is now open! Anyone can vote, even if you have not made a nomination.

1.       Judi Dench

2.      Joanna Lumley

3.      Diane Keaton

4.    Helen Mirren

5.      Angela Lansbury

6.      Maggie Smith

7.      Vanessa Redgrave

Round Six: a Twofer                                                                                                                                                            Yes, you can double your pleasure and double your votes for the Tyrell siblings, Loras and Margaery. Both have a "lazy tumble of brown curls", both good looking and affable. Margaery is played in the show by a very capable and believable Natalie Dormer, Loras by the equally passable Finn Jones. I feel as though both roles could have been better cast, though I can't think who that would be - maybe you can?

Submit a first and second choice for Margaery Tyrell, and a first and second choice for Loras Tyrell.

You will vote twice, once for each character when it is time for that. More points to be had!

Deadline for round five voting and round six nomination submissions: Wednesday, Oct. 17,  8 am-ish east coast time, USA. Due are nominations for Loras/Margaery Tyrell and votes on the new Olenna Tyrell.

Archived