Cast-o-phobia: We have a winner!!

honeyed chicken

:)final votes...

1.Beard

2,Barnard

(hemsworth....interesting I had thought of him but somehow he didn't feel "Jon" for me....and then somebody else came to my mind.......

would be interested in a Christmas game. Recasting xmas movies would be cool or other asoiaf characters.

This was really difficult to choose...

1) Matthew Beard - I don't know him, but he looks close enough to book!Jon's description, and I've just watched one short YT video of him (see how dedicated I am to this game ;) ) and he seems like a good actor, I guess...

2) Drew Fuller - I don't know him either, but he has a long face, at least.

3) Bradley James - I like him (especially on iZombie), but he doesn't seem right for Jon.  However, the only other option is Liam Hemsworth, who, aside from looking completely wrong, is one of the few popular actors who are even more wooden than Kit Harington.

And I guess I just revealed who my candidate is, but that doesn't matter anymore anyway, since 1) I think everyone has already voted, and 2) I'm pretty sure I've already won in any case. :D

Round Ten Voting Results: Jon Snow

1.      Bradley James (Jez Bell): 3rd, 2nd, 3rd = 4 (plus 79 ) = 83 points

2.      Aneurin Barnard (Annara Snow): 1st, 1st, 1st, 2nd, 1st, 2nd = 16 (plus 82) = 98 points

3.      Drew Fuller (Meera of Tarth): 3rd, 2nd, 1st, 3rd, 2nd = 9 (plus 22) = 31 points

4.      Matthew Beard  (Dolorous Gabe): 2nd, 3rd, 1st, 1st = 9 (plus 65) = 74 points

5.      Liam Hemsworth (RhaenysBee): 2nd, 3rd = 3 (plus 69) = 72 points

Standings Through Round Ten

1.       Annara Snow - 98 points

2.      Jez Bell - 83 points

3.      Dolorous Gabe - 74 points

4.      RhaenysBee - 72 points

5.      Raisin Bran - 32 points 

6.      Meera of Tarth - 31 points

7.      rocksniffer - 21 points

8.      dbunting - 4 points

CONGRATULATIONS ANNARA SNOW!!!!

Annara Snow finishes with a flourish garnering 16 of a possible 18 points she could have gotten with 6 players other than herself voting. Well done!!

Jez Bell had a strong game leading from round one on till round eight, and was well within striking distance at 3 points back coming into this round. Jez had a great round six, winning on both characters and taking a 14 point lead with four to go.

RhaenysBee and Dolorous Gabe battled each other all game long, and were ready to pounce had Annara or Jez stumbled.

Meera of Tarth stuck with it throughout and got stronger as the game went on.

Raisin Bran did get in a submission for r.10, but a day late. I thought about sneaking him in, but I was reluctant to do something in the final round that I had not done all game. Thanks to Raisin Bran for sticking with it and voting in spite of that.

And thanks to rocksniffer for coming back to vote despite real world demands.

2nd Choices

And now to reveal the mystery - which nominees were 2nd choices. We did not have many.

1.      Catelyn Stark - Keri Russell was Annara's second choice after Carrie Coon who was taken first by Raisin (others: Amy Adams, Jodie Whittaker, Glenn Close, Milla Jovovich, Kelly MacDonald)

2.      Randyll Tarly - all first choices (2nds were: Ed Harris, Val Kilmer, Patrick Stewart, David O'Hara - who was a first choice, Terrence Stamp, Tom Selleck, Pete Postlethwaite)

3.      Yara Greyjoy - all first choices (2nds were: Jennifer Lawrence, Kaya Scodelario, Milla Javovich, Lily Collins, Natalia Tena, Elizabeth Moss, Lily James - a first choice)

4.      Daario Naharis - two second choices: rocksniffer's first choice of Zack McGowan was taken so he got Tom Hardy - who was Jez Bell's 1st choice, so she got Ben Barnes. That worked out well for Jez as Barnes was leading vote getter for the round - more than double what her first choice would have gotten her. (Others: Odor Fehr, Dustin Claire, Mike Meyers, Tom Wlaschiha, Ryan Gosling)

5.      Olenna Tyrell - Annara lost her 1st choice, Judi Dench, but her 2nd - Maggie Smith - still got 8 points for her. Rocksniffer was the one most hurt by not only not getting his 1st choice - Judi Dench, he didn't get his 2nd either - Maggie Smith, and had to give me a 3rd choice (Helen Mirren) - the only third choice of the game. (Others: Honor Blackmon, Janet Suzman, Glenn Close, Jane Seymour, Katherine Hepburn).

6.      Margaery Tyrell - all 1sts (2nds: Marissa Ribissi, Sorcha Groundsell, Emily Browning, Kate Bosworth, Natalie Portman, Natalia Dyer, Jenna Coleman - a 1st). Loras Tyrell - I actually had to check the time stamp closely on this one. RhaenysBee got her nomination of Toby Regbo in 50 minutes before Dolorous Gabe submitted the same name. Gabe's 2nd choice, Jordan Smith got 2 points compared to the 8 Regbo got. Given how close Rhaenys and Gabe were throughout the game - this was a big swing. (Others: Giovanni Ribissi, Brendan Thwaites, Kip Pardue, Greg Sulkin, Timotheee Chalamet - a 1st as well, Harry Styles).

7.      Cersei Lannister - all firsts (2nds: Nicole Kidman, Carey Mulligan, Katherine Winnick, Jennifer Anniston, Alyssa Sutherland, AnnaLynne McCord).

8.      Jaime Lannister - Rhaenys took Alexander Skarsgard while rocksniffer "settled" for Chris Pine - and 5 points less. (Others: Hayden Christensen, Simon Baker, Travis Fimmel, Jenson Ackles, Harry Lloyd).

9.       Danerys Targaryen - Rhaenys again. She gets Alycia Debnam-Carey, while Annara settles for Lea Seydoux - and 5 points less. (Others: Anna Sophia Robb, Dakota Fanning, Amanda Seyfried)

10.  Jon Snow - all firsts. (2nds: Nicholas Hoult, Jamie Blakely, Jim Sturgess, Harry Lloyd, Ed Speelers)

Thanks to you all for sticking with it!!!

Future Castophobias

I could consider hosting a Christmas themed game if there's interest. Will start by mid November if there's enough interest.

23 hours ago, Jez Bell said:

I'm also pretty sure.  Well played on the back 5.  Hats off to the lovely Annara :) 

4 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

Round Ten Voting Results: Jon Snow

1.      Bradley James (Jez Bell): 3rd, 2nd, 3rd = 4 (plus 79 ) = 83 points

2.      Aneurin Barnard (Annara Snow): 1st, 1st, 1st, 2nd, 1st, 2nd = 16 (plus 82) = 98 points

3.      Drew Fuller (Meera of Tarth): 3rd, 2nd, 1st, 3rd, 2nd = 9 (plus 22) = 31 points

4.      Matthew Beard  (Dolorous Gabe): 2nd, 3rd, 1st, 1st = 9 (plus 65) = 74 points

5.      Liam Hemsworth (RhaenysBee): 2nd, 3rd = 3 (plus 69) = 72 points

Standings Through Round Ten

1.       Annara Snow - 98 points

2.      Jez Bell - 83 points

3.      Dolorous Gabe - 74 points

4.      RhaenysBee - 72 points

5.      Raisin Bran - 32 points 

6.      Meera of Tarth - 31 points

7.      rocksniffer - 21 points

8.      dbunting - 4 points

CONGRATULATIONS ANNARA SNOW!!!!

3 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

congrats Annara!!!!

Thank you, guys! :)

I wanted to say that it is kind of a problem with so few players and three votes that you can pretty much work out to whom each nomination belongs. Obviously, in this case there was a definite clear winner of the round so it couldn't end contentiously.

Anyway, congrats to Annara on an impressive comeback and resounding win :cheers:

Well played to the runner-up Jez :cheers:

And to Rhaenys, no doubt you would have overtaken me again following another round :cheers:

And of course to everyone else who played :cheers:

and finally a wholehearted thanks to our generous host for hosting this entertaining game :cheers:

Archived