Jump to content
honeyed chicken

Cast-o-phobia: We have a winner!!

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

My dear Lady of Tarth, late is the hour to deliver my points that will not count yet I treasure the revelation of your stated preference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

dead last...i am liking it here in the dungeon of debauchery :leer:

but fyi children this was the helen mirren i saw in my head...or this lovely girl

 

vote...

Yeah, I figured yoiu meant young Helen Mirren, of course.

But I'm not sure, if we pick an actor with the idea thatit's their younger self we're nominating, people will understand this..or are we just to go with the assumption it's the actors with their current age we are nominating? How do you stress this? I'm struggling with that right now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

My dear Lady of Tarth, late is the hour to deliver my points that will not count yet I treasure the revelation of your stated preference.

oh! Thanks Gabe!!....good to know, I was clueless. I am new here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:

oh! Thanks Gabe!!....good to know, I was clueless. I am new here.

Always good to get more players in the game. And when we get real acrophobia going again, I hope you'll stay - that's where the REAL fun is.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, honeyed chicken said:

Always good to get more players in the game. And when we get real acrophobia going again, I hope you'll stay - that's where the REAL fun is.

 

oh, thanks, yeah, so far the Games section of the forum has been very welcoming to me and fun.  :)

What is that one about?

Edited by Meera of Tarth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

oh, thanks, yeah, so far the Games section of the forum has been very welcoming to me and fun.  :)

What is that one about?

In the game of acrophobia, the host gives players a group of randomly selected letters and a topic or situation as the focus of players creations. They make a sentence from those letters using each one in the given order as the first letter of a word to form a sentence that fits that scenario. Eg in the current stalled version of acro we are traveling through Westeros drinking Paxter Redwyne's arbor gold and picking his grapes (or was it the other way 'round?), then visiting Highgarden, and are currently in Clegane Hall. The voting and etc takes place as here in this game because this one is based on acrophobia.

Here's the last round we were given to give you an idea:

Round 5: A very special employer.

Holy Hell! I bet you thought you’d end up in King’s Landing again, making it a nice round trip. But no. As a group you accepted a ride to Lannisport, but your driver arrives at a keep in the Westerlands and tells you he is not going any further and there is always a need for servants here, at Clegane Hall. What do you do?

Choose one of these to tell your tale:

bmggopoe

ksoparmsa

Edited by honeyed chicken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Annara Snow said:

But I'm not sure, if we pick an actor with the idea thatit's their younger self we're nominating, people will understand this..or are we just to go with the assumption it's the actors with their current age we are nominating? How do you stress this? I'm struggling with that right now...

Yeah I've been thinking this one through. I've been choosing my own actors as if in the shoes of 'the showrunners that will not be named' ten years ago but when looking through the nominations I've been trying to imagine them in the role at the right age for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

Yeah I've been thinking this one through. I've been choosing my own actors as if in the shoes of 'the showrunners that will not be named' ten years ago but when looking through the nominations I've been trying to imagine them in the role at the right age for it.

So, can we establish that it's OK to imagine some of the actors we nominate as 10 years younger than they are now?  After all, Catherine McCormack 'won' the 1st round, and she is now a bit too old for Cat's book age, too (though maybe not for GoT, since GoT cast Ned and Cat as much older than their book counterparts, but I always think of book characters in these games, not the show characters).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

In the game of acrophobia, the host gives players a group of randomly selected letters and a topic or situation as the focus of players creations. They make a sentence from those letters using each one in the given order as the first letter of a word to form a sentence that fits that scenario. Eg in the current stalled version of acro we are traveling through Westeros drinking Paxter Redwyne's arbor gold and picking his grapes (or was it the other way 'round?), then visiting Highgarden, and are currently in Clegane Hall. The voting and etc takes place as here in this game because this one is based on acrophobia.

Here's the last round we were given to give you an idea:

Round 5: A very special employer.

Holy Hell! I bet you thought you’d end up in King’s Landing again, making it a nice round trip. But no. As a group you accepted a ride to Lannisport, but your driver arrives at a keep in the Westerlands and tells you he is not going any further and there is always a need for servants here, at Clegane Hall. What do you do?

Choose one of these to tell your tale:

bmggopoe

ksoparmsa

awesome! thanks so much for the explanation!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Annara Snow said:

What's the deadline for sending picks for round 3?

I got your nominations, but it is tomorrow morning USA time.

For a couple of you, this is a reminder that I have not got anything yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Annara Snow said:

Yeah, I figured yoiu meant young Helen Mirren, of course.

But I'm not sure, if we pick an actor with the idea thatit's their younger self we're nominating, people will understand this..or are we just to go with the assumption it's the actors with their current age we are nominating? How do you stress this? I'm struggling with that right now...

yes i did...

and this time i submitted a photo of how i see the actor/actress that would translate into the role in GoT...just my twist on this game

...naturally it is up to our host to decide...

 

also just as an aside does anyone know Castellen in the real or facebook world...honestly i am concerned about her absence

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did say 10 am, right? I do have everything typed up and ready . . . but the "official" deadline isn't for an hour yet, so I'm going eat, do dishes and run an errand, and when I get back the hour will be well past 10 and I will then post the round two results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Round Two Voting Results: Randyll Tarly

  1. John Kavanagh (Dolorous Gabe): 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 2nd - 7 pt.s (plus 6 from r.1)
  2. Jonathan Banks (dbunting): 2nd, 3rd, 3rd - 4 pt.s
  3. David O'Hara (RhaenysBee): 1st - 3 pt.s (plus 6 pt.s from r.1)
  4. Sting (Rock Sniffer): 3rd, 1st, 3rd - 5 pt.s
  5. Mark Strong (Jez Bell): 2nd, 2nd - 4 pt.s (plus 16 from r.1)
  6. Graham McTavish (Annara Snow): 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st - 15 pt.s (plus 4 from r.1)
  7. Chris Cooper (Raisin Bran): 3rd, 3rd, 2nd - 4 pt.s (plus 9 from r.1)

Standings through round two

1. Jez Bell - 20 points

2. Annara Snow - 19 points

3. Raisin Bran - 13 points

3. Dolorous Gabe - 13 points

5. RhaenysBee - 9 points 

6. Rock Sniffer - 5 points

7. dbunting - 4 points

 

Round three nominations for Yara Greyjoy to replace Gemma Whelan.                                For those who sent specific pics with their nominations, I used what you gave me instead of the standard imdb things I've been using. For those who did not I looked for pics that to me most embodied Yara.

Voting on these actors is now open! Anyone can vote, even if you have not made a nomination.

1.  Natalie Dormer

2.  Emily Blunt

3. Summer Glau

4. Lily James

5. Kelly MacDonald

6. Lily Allen

7. Rebecca Hall

 

Round four: recast Daario Naharis, currently Michiel Huisman (previously Ed Skrein*) Send me a private message with your nomination - 1st choice plus an alternate in case someone has already nominated your 1st choice to replace Huisman & Skrein as Daario Naharis.

 

Deadline for round three voting and round four nomination submissions: Tuesday, Oct. 9,  7 am-ish east coast time, USA. Due are nominations for Daario and votes on the new Yara.

Round five & beyond: I don't mind picking the characters, but I'm also open to suggestion. Who do you think would be fun to recast? You can let me know publicly or privately - your choice.

 

*Thank you RhaenysBee for catching my mistakes! :)

 

 

 

Edited by honeyed chicken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Rebecca Hall 

I don’t See any of the other entries. 

And I’m really sorry to be the voice of criticism again, but your autocorrect made Dara of Daario in the bolded part, and he is also currently played by Michiel Huisman, who exchanged Ed Skrein after season 3 (not the other way around). I know, I’m impossible. I’m sorry.

and I think the safest strategy is that you keep picking the characters.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Rebecca Hall

2. Emily Blunt

3. Lily Allen (only if Alfie Allen is NOT playing Theon... because, you know, certain scenes...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well well ladies galore...

1st...Emily Blunt

2nd...Rebecca Hall

3rd...Kelly MacDonald

:smoking:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

1. Rebecca Hall 

I don’t See any of the other entries. 

And I’m really sorry to be the voice of criticism again, but your autocorrect made Dara of Daario in the bolded part, and he is also currently played by Michiel Huisman, who exchanged Ed Skrein after season 3 (not the other way around). I know, I’m impossible. I’m sorry.

and I think the safest strategy is that you keep picking the characters.  

Thank you! You are not impossible - I need the editing. I try not to make mistakes, because I know it detracts from the reports, but even so I do make them. Your help is a good thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×