Cast-o-phobia: We have a winner!!

honeyed chicken

I've never seen Taylor Momsen in anything, so I have no idea about her acting ability or screen presence... I'm just going by her look, which doesn't seem Dany to me.

Though GRRM may disagree for all I know - after all, he thought Tamzin Merchant was the right choice for Dany, which I absolutely can't see.

Grrm describes Daenerys as quite skinny, if I remember correctly, tamzin merchant and Taylor momsen both fit that. Taylor is an fair actress, though I’ve only seen her in gossip girl. In that, she had a very strong presence and did a good job shifting her character to the ‘dark side’ from an innocent blondie. To me that’s Daenerys enough. Though I Still didn’t end up entering her, not even as plan B because she is soooooo goth at this point it’s hard to see through that. 

24 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Grrm describes Daenerys as quite skinny, if I remember correctly, tamzin merchant and Taylor momsen both fit that. Taylor is an fair actress, though I’ve only seen her in gossip girl. In that, she had a very strong presence and did a good job shifting her character to the ‘dark side’ from an innocent blondie. To me that’s Daenerys enough. Though I Still didn’t end up entering her, not even as plan B because she is soooooo goth at this point it’s hard to see through that. 

Well, I don't want to offend any of the actresses (fortunately, I'm pretty sure none of them is reading this :P), but Dany is also supposed to have remarkable and 'otherworldly' beauty, rather than just look like a kinda cute, generic skinny blonde.

1 hour ago, Annara Snow said:

Well, I don't want to offend any of the actresses (fortunately, I'm pretty sure none of them is reading this :P), but Dany is also supposed to have remarkable and 'otherworldly' beauty, rather than just look like a kinda cute, generic skinny blonde.

Well since only a teeny tiny percentage of the population has a otherworldly beauty, it’s kinda hard to make that into the casting criteria, I suppose :lol: hence the settling for just generically good looking actresses. 

8 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

There are only four entries for Jon Snow - hoping for two more, at least?

Deadline extended till Sunday morning, Oct. 28, 2018, 10 am east coast time USA for round 9 voting and round 10 (final round) nominees for Jon Snow.

I've already submitted my actor for Jon, but I'm not sure I'd be able to meet the next deadline of the next character this week, because I'll be very busy till Friday evening. So if I can submit the new one if it's in the middle of the week, it's not that I'm out of the game, just busy.

1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I've already submitted my actor for Jon, but I'm not sure I'd be able to meet the next deadline of the next character this week, because I'll be very busy till Friday evening. So if I can submit the new one if it's in the middle of the week, it's not that I'm out of the game, just busy.

I think Jon is the final round, so you'll only have to vote :)

3 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

1 hour ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

I think Jon is the final round, so you'll only have to vote :)

Correct! The next deadline is voting only.

Round Nine Voting Results: Daenerys Targaryen

1.      Lea Seydoux (Annara Snow): 1st 2nd, 3rd = 6 (plus 76) = 82 points

2.      Rosie Huntington-Whitely (Raisin Bran): 2nd, 1st = 5 (plus 27) = 32 points

3.      Amanda Seyfried (Meera of Tarth):  = 0 (plus 22) = 22 points

4.      Teresa Palmer (Jez Bell): 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd = 6 (plus 73) = 79 points

5.      Taylor Momsen (Dolorous Gabe): 3rd, 1st, 2nd = 6 (plus 59) = 65 points

6.      Alycia Debnam-Carey (RhaenysBee): 1st, 1st, 1st, 2nd = 11 (plus 58) = 69 points

Standings Through Round Nine

1.       Annara Snow - 82 points

2.      Jez Bell - 79 points

3.       RhaenysBee - 69 points

4.      Dolorous Gabe - 65 points

5.      Raisin Bran - 32 points 

6.      Meera of Tarth - 22 points

7.      Rock Sniffer - 21 points

8.      dbunting - 4 points

Final Round (10) Voting for  a new actor to play Jon Snow (replacing Kit Harrington)

Voting on these actors is now open! Anyone can vote, even if you have not made a nomination. I'll include this for new voters (if any) as I have not mentioned this since the beginning. A first place vote gives 3 points to the nominator of that actor, 2nd place - 2 pt.s, 3rd place = 1 point.

1.      Matthew Beard

2.      Liam Hemsworth

3.      Aneurin Barnard

4.      Drew Fuller

5.      Bradley James

Deadline for final round voting: Wednesday, Oct. 31 (Halloween here in the USA),  8 am-ish east coast time, USA.  Due are votes on the new Jon Snow.

In a week or so I'll be cleaning out my message box of all pms related to this game - unless you beat me to it. :) I'm only waiting in case questions should arise. Can't foresee what those might be - just being abundantly cautious.

Anyway, HC, won’t we be doing more of this? I enjoyed this game a lot. 

You know what would also be fun? Some kinda Christmas related game... would anybody be interested in something like that or people who have actual lives don’t want to play Christmas games? 

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

Anyway, HC, won’t we be doing more of this? I enjoyed this game a lot. 

You know what would also be fun? Some kinda Christmas related game... would anybody be interested in something like that or people who have actual lives don’t want to play Christmas games? 

Thank you!

This game was intended as a one time affair while Castellan is away (hoping she would return and finish the acrophobia game she started). How would one continue? Many of the best known GOT characters are done now. Is there another show we could do, or maybe a movie or movie series? Star Wars? LOTR? Hmmm . . .  might be doable! :)Would you want to host? Or I'd be willing to do it again if there's enough interest. The group did thin out a bit toward the end.

Another thought: ASOIAF characters who are not in GOT, eg Victarion Greyjoy, fAegon Targaryen.

What kind of Christmas game? A Christmas themed elimination game, or maybe a Christmas cast-o-phobia (recasting classic Xmas movies?).

Archived