Dark Phoenix -- the FoX-Men finale

Bastard of Boston

12 hours ago, red snow said:

I agree that it was Netflix doing the cancelling but I'd be amazed if it had nothing to do with Disney setting up its own streaming network. And that there were a few crocodile tears shed by Disney over them getting a bunch of marvel characters back which Netflix could have kept making shows for sometime.

I wonder what will happen with "the gifted"? Legion is conveniently wrapping up with season 3 meaning all the x-men shows are cleared for when disney have them.

The character description for Jessica chastain's character seems like some convoluted mish mash of lilandra, mastermind and Cassandra Nova. Hopefully she is one of them (maybe Cassandra cain) and it's a cumberbatch khan attempt at a surprise.

I think if all the Netflix Marvel shows were as critically and fan acclaimed as DD1-3 and JJ1 Netflix would not have given them up. But since critical praise was the exception not the norm, they probably realised there wasn't much life left in them anyway and they are better off shifting investment in Netflix shows elsewhere.

10 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

I think if all the Netflix Marvel shows were as critically and fan acclaimed as DD1-3 and JJ1 Netflix would not have given them up. But since critical praise was the exception not the norm, they probably realised there wasn't much life left in them anyway and they are better off shifting investment in Netflix shows elsewhere.

I think data suggested people were viewing the shows as one big series resulting in fatigue - especially last year with 4 seasons (i only watched daredevil). I understand why Netflix did what they did as i doubt marvel brings in that many new subscribers anymore (if they do they probably leave after a month) and they have enough of their own genre material to keep a lot of initial marvel subscribers (myself included) around.

I suspect Disney probably wanted to overhaul things in some way too.

It's interesting how Fox weren't really interested in having their tv shows link up with each other or the films but i guess that reflects the dubious continuity in the x-men films

TBH They can "port" over Reynolds as Deadpool without a hitch. He'll even lampshade it more blatantly than Ironman 2 lampshaded the new Rhodey.

He'll point out that none of the X-Men look familiar to him, they'll all ignore him and new cast moves on.

Archived