My Buddy CANCER FREE!!!!! Celebrate! and Thank you board!

My Lady Ashalind

It's almost surreal  this absolute joy I feel! My grandbuddy Cancer free!  Today marks 5 yrs since my buddy's last chemo treatment. 5 yrs cancer free and no longer considered in remission but CURED!!!  Join me in  High fives and Happy Happy Joy Joy dances all around!

It goes without saying how grateful all of us are for the doctors, nurses and staff at Children's National Medical Center in DC and as of 4 yrs ago, the Dell Children's in Texas.  The care my buddy received was awesome.  And all the children as well as their families prior to Wiley who like Wiley were part of a clinical research study. He wouldn't be here if not for the knowledge they gleaned from them and hopefully his participation in the 3 different studies will help eventually find a cure for this awful disease.

Unfortunately, he is not completely out the woods yet. The chemo meds used have a high rate for causing secondary cancers down the road and we will deal with that if it comes. But for now we are going CELEBRATE this milestone.

Thank you to EVERYONE here who has been so helpful these last 8yrs ,even when you didn't know it. Giving me directions and helping me navigate the DC metro. Being a sounding board. Especially our resident Vet, Ixodes and Mrs Ixodes. ( I think I spelled it wrong..sorry)  It all came spilling out that night at Capclave . I truly appreciated your listening ears. 

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Celebrate. Celebrate. Celebrate.

https://www.alexslemonade.org/mypage/1435872/member/258982

On 9/27/2018 at 12:52 PM, My Lady Ashalind said:

It's almost surreal  this absolute joy I feel! My grandbuddy Cancer free!  Today marks 5 yrs since my buddy's last chemo treatment. 5 yrs cancer free and no longer considered in remission but CURED!!!  Join me in  High fives and Happy Happy Joy Joy dances all around!

MLA that is WONDERFUL NEWS. :love: :love: 

Archived