US Politics: Judge Dread

DMC

Just now, Bonnot OG said:

They just want the public outcry to calm down. It’s just for show, they don’t give a shit.

You're wrong. Flake cares, if he didn't he wouldn't have flipped from his own statement this morning. He wants to be able to vote for Kavanaugh (who, on the merits, would vote the way Flake likes on probably every single issue of importance), but can't bring himself to do it yet.

Also, no way the public outcry calms down; it's just going to intensify until whenever the vote.

6 minutes ago, Vin said:

You have all condemned a man without so much as an iota of evidence. You have slandered him and his family and called him the most terrible of things and then blame him for being angry. You sit high on your throne of unearned moral superiority and pass judgment as if you were Gods. You do not care for justice, for fairness or indeed any principle at all. None of you demanded evidence. It doesn't matter to you, your identity politics already gives you a preset answer, man=guilty and liar, woman= truthful and victim. It is abhorrent but you do not even abide with that for it is only a certain type of woman that is to be believed, a politically convenient woman. You have destroyed the rule of law in this country, your cries for the FBI are a sham and you know it because no prosecutor would touch this with a 10 foot pole, no location, no date, no time, no DNA, no fingerprints, no video tape, no audio, no medical report, no criminal report, no witnesses (on the contrary, 4 supposed witnesses who say they recall no such thing ever happened). Just a story full of holes and cries with no tears by a woman who played the giggly ditzy girl to a t at 50 years old. So many contradictions and straight up lies and yet she's credible. She was treated with kiddy gloves because people like you have made it impossible for a person to ask for the truth without being ostracized with one of the popular - isms which to be honest are nothing more than pejoratives at this point. Meaningless words meant to intimidate. Truth and falsehood, right and wrong... Those don't matter to you people, only power does and I hope you never get it because you are nothing but authoritarian Marxists and post modernists.

This is a sham. I am ashamed to share this country with you. I'm ashamed to share this planet with you, I am disgusted to have to breath the same air as you. This is the prelude to civil war for I am now indeed convinced without a shadow of a doubt that I could never call the left wing friend, indeed after watching 32 hours of testimony and then yesterday's 8 hour circus and the response by the media and people like you I can only call the left evil. The only advice I have for people now is stock up on guns, ammo, supplies and a generator. 

This forum is a cesspool and I cannot stand to view it a second longer, I do not really believe in God but I hope he's real because people like you surely deserve a hell. So long you ugly bastards. 

PS: get that Scottish halfwit in here to ban me please. 

Go drown in a tub of SoCo, Senator Graham.

First off, your trolling is seriously lacking. 2/10 at best.

Secondly, we're "condemning" a man who has lied under oath to Congress before.

Who has blatantly lied about his past life, so much so that classmates both Democrat and Republican came out of the woodwork to call bullshit on his lies.

Who repeatedly contradicts himself and changes his story from hour to hour, let alone day to day.

Who has multiple accusers making eerily similar claims from years apart without ever meeting each other.

Whose main accuser has talked about him for YEARS, if only to a few intimate people (mainly her husband and her marriage counselor) who have corroborated the fact that she did tell them  about her story years ago.

Whose past statements of his actions radically contradict the way he tried to defend his character.

We have a friend of Kavanaugh's who wrote a book about their misdeeds and wild youth who barely bothered to change the names and places (Bart O'Kavanaugh instead of Brett Kavanaugh, Loyola Prep instead of Georgetown Prep) which contradicts Kavanaugh's pathetic defense of himself and characterization of what he was like as a young man.

Now take your propaganda spewing, trolling, misogynistic shit elsewhere. It's not wanted here.

8 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Because they're sniffling paste-eaters who stand up for the privileges of serially lying sex criminals?

You kind of made @Vin‘s point.  Up thread people are contemplating if criminal charges can be brought on Kavanaugh, and the investigation hasn’t even started.  So far it seems to be a literal he said/she said, but to believe him over Ford means you defend rapists?

I’m okay with an investigation, but I do believe in innocence until proven guilty, rule of law, and that the burden of proof lies with the accuser.

2 minutes ago, King Ned Stark said:

You kind of made @Vin‘s point.  Up thread people are contemplating if criminal charges can be brought on Kavanaugh, and the investigation hasn’t even started.  So far it seems to be a literal he said/she said, but to believe him over Ford means you defend rapists?

I’m okay with an investigation, but I do believe in innocence until proven guilty, rule of law, and that the burden of proof lies with the accuser.

How many accusers does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

Just now, Morpheus said:

A lying, ideolgue condemned to not have a job he feels entitled to is the greatest injustice I can imagine.

It would just destroy a man's life to not get a promotion to a job with prestige lifetime job security. It's inconceivable to simply let him stay in the current 6 figure salary job with full job security that he has now. It would ruin his life to deny him. Ruin it, I say.

9 minutes ago, King Ned Stark said:

Sure and I also believe that a lifetime appointment to the highest court in the land should be contingent on a squeaky clean background. Ford might not be able to prove her allegations since most women can't prove they've been sexually assaulted but she's a credible witness who told her truth to the world with absolutely nothing to gain and that gives me a ton more belief than a guy who lied repeatedly to Congress over big and small things and proclaimed Ford's entire testimony as a conspiracy to avenge the Clintons.

At the end of the day, there are plenty of conservative jurists out there that don't have Kavanaugh's baggage and will vote the way they want him to vote on issues that will still likely destroy our country. It doesn't have to be him. Credible allegations would be enough to stop me from getting my job, it should be enough to stop a lifetime appointment to the SCOTUS.

3 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

A lying, ideologue condemned to not have a job he feels entitled to is the greatest injustice I can imagine.

He's condemned as a predator rapist sex criminal, all you have to do is read this thread.  It's gone beyond him not being confirmed.  And any investigation is very unlikely to come up with definitive evidence to prove or disprove the allegations, so he's guilty and no way to prove otherwise

7 minutes ago, aceluby said:

How many accusers does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

I don’t know, it’s an ugly situation however you look at it; especially considering most sexual assaults are probably going to be confined to just the perpetrator and the victim.  But doing away with preponderance of evidence, innocent until proven guilty, are dangerous choices, IMO.

Maybe it’s the wrong way to look at it, but I think I’d rather see nine guilty people walk free than see one innocent person wrongfully condemned.

6 minutes ago, King Ned Stark said:

A literal he said/she said where Ford was very credible and Kavanaugh's been insulting everyone's intelligence with lame lies about his drinking and what "Renate Alumnus" is supposed to mean.

Who's been talking about criminal charges? Be very precise. I haven't mentioned them. I firmly believe that Kavanaugh has shown, with his obvious lies and frothing resentment, that he's too much of a dishonest hack and entitled fratboy to sit on the Supreme Court, but I have made no mention of crimibal prosecution. Are you guilty of "tarring with a broad brush" that you constantly whine is being done to you?

1 minute ago, Cas Stark said:

He's condemned as a predator rapist sex criminal, all you have to do is read this thread.  It's gone beyond him not being confirmed.  And any investigation is very unlikely to come up with definitive evidence to prove or disprove the allegations, so he's guilty and no way to prove otherwise

The condemned rapist sex criminal is limited to a few posters (though which ones, I do not know). Lets not proclaim everyone who posts here to have that opinion please.

I don’t know, it’s an ugly situation however you look at it; especially considering most sexual assaults are probably going to be confined to just the perpetrator and the victim.  But doing away with preponderance of evidence, innocent until proven guilty, are dangerous choices, IMO.

Maybe it’s the wrong way to look at it, but I think I’d rather see nine guilty people walk free than see one innocent person wrongfully condemned.

Sure and I'd rather neither be on the SCOTUS.

You realize this is a job interview, right?  I'd rather have 9 innocent SC justice nominees turned away than 1 rapist given a lifetime appointment.

Archived