Would a family therapist help the Greyjoys out?

honorable men

8 hours ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

Nope.
First, a family therapist does not possess the training to deal with their psychosis. At best therapy would only help them understand why.  And barring a westerosi sex offender registry, there would be no long term incentive for them to keep it up . 

Theres other reasons to not rape and murder aside form winding up on a sex offender list.

I'm going to throw in House Baratheon.

Stannis is pretty obviously bitter about Robert giving Storm's End to Renly, Robert doesn't quite understand or care that Stannis is angry at him, and Renly just doesn't give a ****.

None of them are psychos like Euron, Cersei, or Ramsay, though, so there's probably hope of working it out.

And just imagine what could have happened if Robert had been surrounded by trustworthy allies instead of Littlefinger and the Lannisters. Could the entire War of Five Kings have been averted?

1 hour ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

The list is for everyone else, and yes, but a family therapist does not have the skillset to help them

It depends on the therapist.

Victarion and Aeron clearly have repressed emotions that deal within the family, Victarion seems to be improving his resolve from talks with the dusky woman. Aeron is silent about the rusty hinge and confronting that issue would help his badly needed sick brain. (Although being that religious is almost always difficult)

Asha also seems to not know her part and is mentally lost, not all issues are as family oriented as her uncles, but some still are.

Theon, come on. Dudes mad suicidal. He needs any type of therapist now.

And Euron. I dont know how well Euron can be cured. Kings in therapy are still kings, ask Tony Soprano. His ambition will never fall behind his family.

The Martells could use a therapy. Arianne seems to have some problems with Doran and Quentyn but nothing that big to turn them into psychos trying to kill each other like the Lannisters or Bolton.

The Tully could also use a little help when dealing with Lysa... but I don't belive it would work.

On 10/1/2018 at 7:28 PM, Damsel in Distress said:
  1. Bolton 
  2. Stark
  3. Lannister

Yup

4.  Tully.  Hoster forced his daughter to abort.  That's fucked up.

5.  Manderly.  Eating the dead and enjoying it.  That's also fucked up.

I think a family would have to want to get help to be helped.   Tywin wouldn't put up with this crap.  Mace wouldn't do it unless Tywin did it.   Roose actually seems to like his family dynamics.   Hrm...Stannis wouldn't have it for a minute unless the therapist could swear ships to his cause.   Edmure would do pretty much anything to get his family back together.  Lysa's probably too fargone to identify and deal with her problems without the aid of strong psychotropics.   Doran would just lock a therapist up in a tower until he felt like talking about anything.  The Greyjoys?   What's wrong with the Greyjoys?  

On 10/3/2018 at 9:33 AM, Lluewhyn said:

All of the Starks individually sitting on couches and telling their therapists "I just don't understand it, I keep feeling like my life is some kind of Shakespearean tragedy....."

Here is one such therapy session for a Stark:

Maester Sigmund, Ph.D., M.D., DDS, DVM, & ED.S :  How are you feeling today?

Arya Stark snaps back:  Tired.

Maester Sigmund:  Did you sleep well, child?

Arya Stark:  I got up and howled at the moon.  Padded over to the Heart Tree, squatted, and peed.  Then got back to howling at the moon.

Maester Sigmund:  And pray tell me, child.  Why made you do such a thing?

Arya Stark:  I needed to pee, dumbass.  

Maester Sigmund:  I meant howl at the moon.  Why did you howl at the moon?

Arya Stark:  It was full.  Why else.

Maester Sigmund:  Did you feel better after, er, taking a leak?

Arya Stark:  No.  I still get the urge to murder people.  

Maester Sigmund:  You have anger issues.  How did it all start?  What could bring a child to feel such terrible things?

Arya Stark:  It all started when the other girls started calling me Horseface.  Last christmas, I got hay nuts from my sister.

Maester Sigmund:  And the bastard.  What about him?  You two are close.  You even look alike.  Tell me about him.

Arya Stark:  The weirwoods talk to me.   They tell me we're going to die and become a wolf pack some day.

• 1 month later...
On 10/7/2018 at 3:27 PM, Aline de Gavrillac said:

Here is one such therapy session for a Stark:

Maester Sigmund, Ph.D., M.D., DDS, DVM, & ED.S :  How are you feeling today?

Arya Stark snaps back:  Tired.

Maester Sigmund:  Did you sleep well, child?

Arya Stark:  I got up and howled at the moon.  Padded over to the Heart Tree, squatted, and peed.  Then got back to howling at the moon.

Maester Sigmund:  And pray tell me, child.  Why made you do such a thing?

Arya Stark:  I needed to pee, dumbass.  

Maester Sigmund:  I meant howl at the moon.  Why did you howl at the moon?

Arya Stark:  It was full.  Why else.

Maester Sigmund:  Did you feel better after, er, taking a leak?

Arya Stark:  No.  I still get the urge to murder people.  

Maester Sigmund:  You have anger issues.  How did it all start?  What could bring a child to feel such terrible things?

Arya Stark:  It all started when the other girls started calling me Horseface.  Last christmas, I got hay nuts from my sister.

Maester Sigmund:  And the bastard.  What about him?  You two are close.  You even look alike.  Tell me about him.

Arya Stark:  The weirwoods talk to me.   They tell me we're going to die and become a wolf pack some day.

Diagnosis is, this is one fucked up kid.  Prescription, lock her up in a mental institution for the criminally insane.  

On 10/7/2018 at 2:57 PM, BRANDON GREYSTARK said:

1. Cleganes

2.Lannisters

3.Greyjoys

4. Martells

5.Tullys

6Freys

I would leave out the Freys.  They are actually a normally functioning bunch.  Much better than their noble peers.  The old man supports his bastards and teaches them to value family.  He even kept the retarded Jinglebells around when another father might have drowned the boy.  He's a better man than Hoster.  He gave Walda a very generous dowry.  He tries to set up the best foster families for his grandkids.  He's one of the best patriarchs in Westeros. 

Archived