Johnnie Walker Readies Game of Thrones Whisky

Westeros

HBO and Diaego have announced a partnership to bring Johnnie Walker to Westeros with a collection of nine whiskys. One of the most striking, visually, is the limited-edition White Walker blend best served out of the freezer… and with a special thermochromic ink on the bottle that changes according to temperature. Nikolaj Coster-Waldau had a chance to enjoy it, though normally speaking Jaime Lannister would rather not face a White Walker.

Game of Thrones star Nikolaj Coster-Waldau enjoys an exclusive first sip of the new, limited-edition White Walker by Johnnie Walker blend in anticipation of the show’s 8th and final season

read on >>>

View the full article

It's a pretty gimmicky marketing ploy.

Diageo are anathema to many whisky enthusiasts because they mostly tend to adhere strictly to chill filtration, which can seem to diminish the body and mouthfeel of the whisky. I'm not sure taste is affected but I do often feel chill filtered whiskies lack body and/or mouthfeel; it's like you lose something in that middle point after the first taste and before the aftertaste.

That said, I may try them (apart from the JW blend) depending on the price. I do love a Lagavulin 16, a Clynelish 14, or a Talisker 10 but these GoT releases are likely to consist predominantly of much younger whisky.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived