What if Jon hadn't chosen to leave the Wall and Jeyne arrived at Castle Black?

Angel Eyes

So what would have happened if Jon decided not to rescue Jeyne Poole/Arya and Jeyne arrived at Castle Black with or without Theon? Would the Night's Watch shelter her? Or throw her back to Ramsay like a cast-off piece of meat for the dogs?

• 4 months later...
On 10/4/2018 at 8:06 PM, Angel Eyes said:

So what would have happened if Jon decided not to rescue Jeyne Poole/Arya and Jeyne arrived at Castle Black with or without Theon? Would the Night's Watch shelter her? Or throw her back to Ramsay like a cast-off piece of meat for the dogs?

Jeyne would be sent back to Ramsay because it is none of the wall's business what goes on in the south.  As it should be.  Neutrality is so very important for the watch to do its job.  It cannot do its job if it made enemies of anyone in their side of the wall.  I would still dislike Jon because I never liked him from the beginning but the story would be different.  

3 hours ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

Jeyne would be sent back to Ramsay because it is none of the wall's business what goes on in the south.  As it should be.  Neutrality is so very important for the watch to do its job.  It cannot do its job if it made enemies of anyone in their side of the wall.  I would still dislike Jon because I never liked him from the beginning but the story would be different.  

Even a refugee? 

3 hours ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

This "what if" has nothing to do with what should happen, its what Jon would do. Sure, if someone like Bowen Marsh was Lord Commander then Jeyne would get sent back to Winterfell, but Jon is Lord Commander, and I doubt the man who married Alys Karstark to a wildling to help her escape Cregan would send Jeyne back to someone like Ramsay. I swear some people just use questions on here to shit on characters they don't like. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2019 at 4:10 PM, Widowmaker 811 said:

But Jon and the Night's Watch already have enemies south of the Wall before we even got too far into Dance.

Cersei was plotting to have him assassinated early on in Feast (and therefore Dance as well) and the Boltons did absolutely nothing when the Wall was under attack even though they had a bunch of men north of the Neck. Ramsay is super insecure about his station so he would have eventually turned his eyes towards Jon.

The fact that the Watch can't do its job if it has enemies (or, at best, no friends) south of the Wall is the whole entire point of Jon's rule as Lord Commander which culminates in a decision to proactively defend the Watch from the tyrannical Lord of Winterfell.

• 2 months later...

Bowen Marsh and the conspirators will still make an attempt to kill Jon to prevent the ranging to Hardhome. Marsh and company are terrified about 1) a repeat of Mormont's Great Ranging 2) trying to gain favor with the Bolton/Lannister alliance because as long as Jon is the Lord Commander there will be no support from Winterfell or King's Landing

Archived