Arrianne

Moiraine Sedai

As the only woman who is the heir to a Kingdom in a male dominated Westeros Arianne is an outlier. Unlike many other ladies in Westeros she doesn't have to portray herself as some submissive fake maiden. Her position alone makes her one of the most sought after woman to marry for all second sons and many first born sons.  Which makes her current situation very interesting, does she want to remain the heir of Dorne and rule in her right someday? Or seduce and marry (f)Aegon and be his consort and try to rule through him?

I'd say by her description she is one of the most beautiful women in the series. Her looks are exotic compared to most of the women north of Dorne. Ser. Arys Oakheart, who served Cersei while she was still in her prime, considers Arianne to be exceedingly beautiful and sacrifices all he has to support her cause. 

From the description given, sure she's attractive and certainly her behavior is provocative. Beyond that, she strikes me as the type of woman that looks great on the surface but the more you learn about her, the less you like. The way she manipulates people would be a huge turn off for me.

She didn't even move Balon Swann's needle. He was like, "Oh, another slutty Dornish chick, what are the odds?" Ever Ser Daemon shot her down, once he had grown up. She's like the hot 19-year old that has no idea what a man wants, so she embarrasses herself with provocative dress and behavior.

The Arianna Grande of Westeros.

She was able to seduce a man who had sworn and oath of celibacy to lay with her, risking his honor and perhaps even his life. And Arys surely didn't fell for her status or birth rights, since he knew very well that he had no chance to marry her ever.

I think we should assume that Arianne is very attractive.

7 hours ago, LindsayLohan said:

She didn't even move Balon Swann's needle. He was like, "Oh, another slutty Dornish chick, what are the odds?" Ever Ser Daemon shot her down, once he had grown up. She's like the hot 19-year old that has no idea what a man wants, so she embarrasses herself with provocative dress and behavior.

The Arianna Grande of Westeros.

I thought our Ari was like 26 and everyone dressed like she does in Dorne?   Isn't Balon Swann a bit older and the king's food taster?  Not to argue, I just thought Arianne was the PG rated version of Oberyn?  

1 hour ago, Curled Finger said:

I thought our Ari was like 26 and everyone dressed like she does in Dorne?   Isn't Balon Swann a bit older and the king's food taster?  Not to argue, I just thought Arianne was the PG rated version of Oberyn?  

Set Boros Blount is the old dude that serves as Tommen's food taster. Balon Swann is the young badass who was the tornado of death on the Blackwater. Dude probably has panties dropping everywhere he goes, but completely ignores Arianne.

12 minutes ago, LindsayLohan said:

Balon Swann is the young badass who was the tornado of death on the Blackwater. Dude probably has panties dropping everywhere he goes, but completely ignores Arianne.

But can he defeat Gerold Dayne on his turf, probably at night time? Will Balon's skill with a morning star be enough to end the Darkstar?

George definitely went to great length to provide a description of an extremely beautiful woman who is seductive and open about her sexuality.  She definitely comes across as sexiest women in Westeros

A number of people point out that Balon Swann wasn't enticed by her, but there interaction with him is limited and in a formal setting.  

On 10/5/2018 at 8:49 AM, Moiraine Sedai said:

She makes me think of Lady Gaga's music.  Bombastic. 

Beats Antique. Sultry

Is she the type of girl for you?  

I love women that are way out of my league 

Do you like her looks? 

If the pic on the sample chapter n GRRM's website is accurate then yes. 

I don't think her textual description is that of elegance nor that of classical beauty.  Let me know what you think.

No. She's short and curvy. Busty with a big butt.  The opposite of Sansa's runway model looks.  

IIRC The description of Taena of Myr's appearance seems to be pretty similar to that of Arianne's. Taena was able to catch the eyes of both the Lannister twins despite their previous preferences for each other. Cersei describes her as "too beautiful by half" while she's not overly impressed with Margaerys looks. Cersei very much enjoys experimenting with Taena's large, dark responsive nipples while she pretends to be Robert. So Ser. Arys Oakheart isn't the only one susceptible to those features.

Archived