Will KL burn?

Legitimate_Bastard

I have always felt that KL will burn before we get to the end of the series. There have been too many almosts. I reckon those almosts are setting up the actual burning. I think it will occur via Dany vs. fAegon. I do not think it will be the 'final battle' but a prelude to it. What are your thoughts?

It would be funny if Aegon gets the city, and then as one last "fuck you" Cersei blows the whole place up. As bad as it sounds, it might actually be a blessing. If when Daenerys finally lands in Westeros there is no Kings Landing for her to head to, then she might actually go straight to helping with the real threat. 

7 minutes ago, EloImFizzy said:

It would be funny if Aegon gets the city, and then as one last "fuck you" Cersei blows the whole place up. As bad as it sounds, it might actually be a blessing. If when Daenerys finally lands in Westeros there is no Kings Landing for her to head to, then she might actually go straight to helping with the real threat. 

That is EXACTLY what the b*tch would do, too. I really wonder what order everyone will fight each other. 

18 hours ago, rotting sea cow said:

Yes, it will burn.

What else can be the fire for death that Dany needs to light?

See also the whole wildfire plot and Jaime's dreams.

This will only happen if the city falls to the Others and their wights.  The spread of the Others will have to be contained and this is the only way to do it.  Bittersweet but necessary.  

6 hours ago, Arkady Renko said:

This will only happen if the city falls to the Others and their wights.  The spread of the Others will have to be contained and this is the only way to do it.  Bittersweet but necessary.  

As per HOTU  prophecies, the fire for death is related to Aegon, whilst the fire to love is related to Jon. It might be that their union is necessary to defeat the Others.

1 minute ago, rotting sea cow said:

He might save the city from Cersei, not from Dany

Very possible, and would definitely fit, I see his arc kinda coming full circle. 

By that I mean that we the reader will once again know that his actions were heroic but he will once again be condemned for them not being "honorable"

Him murdering Mad Queen Cersie would definitely fit I think 

I think Dany was always meant to set off her father's wildfire on accident as she attempts to conquer KL.

I think there's a strong possibility she burns WF too.

On 10/6/2018 at 11:28 PM, Keep Shelly in Athens said:

I think Dany was always meant to set off her father's wildfire on accident as she attempts to conquer KL.

I think there's a strong possibility she burns WF too.

I could see this being what sends her over the edge and drives her mad, after seeing the population of KL perish in green flame. Maybe if she does take a mad turn someone will be forced to kill her. Tyrion perhaps?

13 minutes ago, Legitimate_Bastard said:

I could see this being what sends her over the edge and drives her mad, after seeing the population of KL perish in green flame. Maybe if she does take a mad turn someone will be forced to kill her. Tyrion perhaps?

Future Dany tells us:

"That night she dreamt that she was Rhaegar, riding to the Trident. But she was mounted on a dragon, not a horse. When she saw the Usurper's rebel host across the river they were armored all in ice, but she bathed them in dragonfire and they melted away like dew and turned the Trident into a torrent. Some small part of her knew that she was dreaming, but another part exulted. This is how it was meant to be. The other was a nightmare, and I have only now awakened." - Daenerys III, ASOS

On 10/6/2018 at 8:57 PM, Back door hodor said:

Very possible, and would definitely fit, I see his arc kinda coming full circle. 

By that I mean that we the reader will once again know that his actions were heroic but he will once again be condemned for them not being "honorable"

Him murdering Mad Queen Cersie would definitely fit I think 

I think Jaime killing Cersei is practically a given. The exact circumstances are of course more unclear. I'm with you here however, I think that after the death of her children, Jaime will kill her, either to save the city or because her actions have gone beyond what Jaime can withstand. Afterwards, I think Jaime will take the black.

It might burn but the culprit could be Arya trying to complete her list.  Imagine how she's gonna flip out when she finds out the Night's Watch executed her brother for treason.  The treason part is not going to register.  That is the straw that will finally send her to complete insanity.  

What will most likely happen is different.  Somebody will remember the wildfire and use it against the advancing Ice armies.  KL is not going down in flames.  It's going down into subzero freeze.  Ice and snow are the killers in this story.  

Archived