Dragons and one lion

1 hour ago, Amris said:

The duality in this story much reminds me of the duality of Ice and Fire in the current story.

Am I the only person, that thinks, that A Song of Ice and Fire means, that the Ice and Fire are "singing" together, against some other foe (death), and not fighting each other?

Rhaegar said about his son (though he was wrong about which son, but in general he was right), that he is the Prince that was promised, and his is the song of ice and fire. After the Dance of the dragons, there was an agreement between Starks and Targaryens, to unite their families thru Pact of Ice and Fire. So Jon, as descendant of Valyrians from his father's side, and First Men from his mother's side, has inherited genes of both - dragonlords and wargs/greenseers, so hypothetically he can control both elements - Ice and Fire. So the title of the series doesn't mean, that there will be confrontation between Dany, as representative of Fire, and Jon as representative of Ice, in which the two of them will repeat story of those Emperor and Empress from First Long Night.

1 hour ago, Amris said:

(2) Your interpretation that Dany was alternating between her own point of view and the baby's fits the wording of the text. You may be right. I don't know if you are but you may be.

If you are that would lead to a very curious question: how was Dany doing this? Was she kind of warging her son?

Probably Mirri either gave to Dany some sort of magic medicine, that abled Dany to do that, or she used some sort of ritual, thru which Dany's spirit helped her child to be born. She sort of motivated him to be born, by using her own spiritual strength.

Archived