NFL 2018 III - Gronk is Better at Life Than You

unJon

2 hours ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Watson is such a bizarre NFL QB, and I say that as someone who was all in on him coming out of the draft and locked him up in our Dynasty league. He’s athletic, but more in the college rather than pro sense. He can’t go deep, but gets a ton of deep passes. His passes flutter and they have no velocity.

But yet somehow it works. The kid has heart. And Hopkins.

He basically just tries to stay alive until Hopkins or Fuller gets open and then chucks them a 50/50 ball and somehow it works.

Maybe Johnny Manziel would have panned out in the NFL if he had Mike Evans there to make him look good too like he did at A&M.  :lol:

2 hours ago, briantw said:

He basically just tries to stay alive until Hopkins or Fuller gets open and then chucks them a 50/50 ball and somehow it works.

Maybe Johnny Manziel would have panned out in the NFL if he had Mike Evans there to make him look good too like he did at A&M.  :lol:

That and if he cared about the game like Watson does.

5 hours ago, briantw said:

Yeah seems like it. 

Also, it might have helped if he actually......studied the playbook.......

2 hours ago, Mexal said:

That and if he cared about the game like Watson does.

Looks like your Bengals are having a nice little season there Mex, but are they actually good?

Back to two prior QB conversations. I'm officially comfortable with saying that Mariota is bad. Through 3 and half games he's thrown just 2 TDs with 4 interceptions. Looks like the Titans will have to draft someone new and just let him walk. It's a shame really, I thought he was going to be great.

Kirk Cousins is good. Or at least he has been thus far this season. 11 TDs to just 2 interceptions while averaging over 70% completion percentage and 300 yards a game. Furthermore he's thrown some absolutely beautiful passes. Will see if he can sustain this, and good lord he needs to stop fumbling the ball, but as of now I am quite happy that we signed him. It was for too much, but hey, there are other QBs in that same price range who have been straight awful.

I'm looking at you Derek Carr. 

5 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Kirk Cousins is good. Or at least he has been thus far this season. 11 TDs to just 2 interceptions while averaging over 70% completion percentage and 300 yards a game. Furthermore he's thrown some absolutely beautiful passes. Will see if he can sustain this, and good lord he needs to stop fumbling the ball, but as of now I am quite happy that we signed him. It was for too much, but hey, there are other QBs in that same price range who have been straight awful.

Probably doesn't hurt that he's got Thielen and Diggs out there to throw to.  Damn good receivers on your squad.

3 hours ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Looks like your Bengals are having a nice little season there Mex, but are they actually good?

Yea, they're good. I don't think they're Super Bowl good but they're Playoff good and that's nice to see with the 2nd youngest team in the NFL. They still have OL and LB issues and with Ross, Eifert and Bernard out, they have some offense issues too. But overall, fun to watch again for the most part.

4 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Yea, they're good. I don't think they're Super Bowl good but they're Playoff good and that's nice to see with the 2nd youngest team in the NFL. They still have OL and LB issues and with Ross, Eifert and Bernard out, they have some offense issues too. But overall, fun to watch again for the most part.

All that exciting young talent for Marvin Lewis to shape.

3 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

All that exciting young talent for Marvin Lewis to shape.

No better coach out there in order to get acclimated to losing playoff games. Makes winning one with another team all that sweeter. Just ask Whitworth.

14 minutes ago, Mexal said:

No better coach out there in order to get acclimated to losing playoff games. Makes winning one with another team all that sweeter. Just ask Whitworth.

"They came to me boys. They left as criminals."- Marvin Lewis.

Cincinnati Bengals Head Coach 2002-2044

Husband. Father. Coach.

1 hour ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

"They came to me boys. They left as criminals."- Marvin Lewis.

Cincinnati Bengals Head Coach 2002-2044

Husband. Father. Coach.

Should have gone:

Father. Coach.  Bail Bondsman.

15 hours ago, briantw said:

Probably doesn't hurt that he's got Thielen and Diggs out there to throw to.  Damn good receivers on your squad.

Funny that we have two top 10ish WRs who were a 5th round pick and an undrafted free agent yet our 1st rounders have all sucked over the last decade.

2 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Funny that we have two top 10ish WRs who were a 5th round pick and an undrafted free agent yet our 1st rounders have all sucked over the last decade.

I still can't believe Diggs was a 5th round pick, I wanted the Bengals to draft him badly.

So now that Brees is the all-time passing yards leader, where should he rank among the greats?  Going into last night’s game, I would have ranked him as such:

1. Rodgers

2. Manning

3. Brady

4. Marino

5. Elway

6. Montana

7. Favre

8. Brees

Perhaps he deserves to be higher, but as is always the case, it’s hard to balance modern stats versus how the game used to be played.

1 minute ago, Mexal said:

I still can't believe Diggs was a 5th round pick, I wanted the Bengals to draft him badly.

Injuries. He was a five star, top ten player in high school. Funny, his measurable are identical to….Antonio Brown, except Diggs is bigger and a bit faster.

Archived