NFL 2018 III - Gronk is Better at Life Than You

unJon

2 hours ago, Kalbear said:

Barkley has been an above average RB, but it hasn't gotten them wins. 

Has he? What's he averaging, like 60 rushing yards a game?  Last week, I think he was like 2 carries for 50 yards and 13 for -2. 

Giants' O-line is just terrible, garbage, OBJ wants to call out Eli, he should be calling out the O line, if they make holes for Barkley then that opens up the deep stuff for OBJ

5 hours ago, The Lasr Storm said:

im not ready to throw in the towel just yet. they lose tonight its a different story.

the words generational potential mean nothing. how many guys have had that potential and didnt amount to anything? a lot

And? If a guy's ceiling is a less mobile version of Arron Rodgers, you take him with the second pick, especially when your current QB is old and he's been washed.

The Giants thought they were the team from two years ago that made the playoffs. They're not. They're what they were last year. Making a win now pick when you're not a win now team is idiotic in general, and it's incredibly idiotic if you have a chance at your QB for the next 10-15 years with top 5 potential. 

36 minutes ago, the Greenleif Stark said:

Has he? What's he averaging, like 60 rushing yards a game?  Last week, I think he was like 2 carries for 50 yards and 13 for -2. 

Giants' O-line is just terrible, garbage, OBJ wants to call out Eli, he should be calling out the O line, if they make holes for Barkley then that opens up the deep stuff for OBJ

Looking purely at rushing yards is a bit dishonest considering how often Barkley is used in the passing game.  He's on pace for 125 targets, which is more than the primary receivers on some teams (Tyler Lockett, for example).  He's averaging 116 all-purpose yards per game, 4.3 yards per carry, and 8.8 yards per reception.  

He's pretty much been as advertised.  He's just doing it on a bad team so no one really cares unless you own him in fantasy.

14 minutes ago, briantw said:

Looking purely at rushing yards is a bit dishonest considering how often Barkley is used in the passing game.  He's on pace for 125 targets, which is more than the primary receivers on some teams (Tyler Lockett, for example).  He's averaging 116 all-purpose yards per game, 4.3 yards per carry, and 8.8 yards per reception.  

He's pretty much been as advertised.  He's just doing it on a bad team so no one really cares unless you own him in fantasy.

Not being dishonest, just being real.  He's a RB, not a WR.  His catches have helped the Giants but the O isn't designed for those plays, they clearly don't want Eli just dumping off the Barkley all the time, he shouldn't be on pace to be the leading receiver or even the 2nd leading receiver.  He's, what, like the 4th highest paid RB in terms league? I'd be happier if it was 100+ rushing yards per game, that would open up OBJ and Shep, and eventually Engram

6 minutes ago, the Greenleif Stark said:

Not being dishonest, just being real.  He's a RB, not a WR.  His catches have helped the Giants but the O isn't designed for those plays, they clearly don't want Eli just dumping off the Barkley all the time, he shouldn't be on pace to be the leading receiver or even the 2nd leading receiver.  He's, what, like the 4th highest paid RB in terms league? I'd be happier if it was 100+ rushing yards per game, that would open up OBJ and Shep, and eventually Engram

Eh...this is the modern NFL.  Backs are often used as receivers.  David Johnson had an all-time great season a couple of years ago and he spent half of it as a wideout.  

Now, I won't debate that taking a RB at two overall was a good use of draft capital.  It wasn't.  The position just isn't that valuable in the modern game, and you can almost always find very talented backs in the second and third rounds, or even later (Matt Breida went undrafted and he's averaging an absurd 7.5 yards per carry on 49 attempts this year).

That said, I can't watch Barkley and think that he's anything other than the guy we thought he would be.  He's an electrifying athlete and every time he gets the ball there's a chance he hits a home run.  His touchdown leap last weekend was incredible.  I just think the Giants got more caught up in adding Barkley's star power to New York rather than smartly approaching their rebuild by drafting a more valuable position, like QB, DE, CB, etc.

29 minutes ago, briantw said:

Eh...this is the modern NFL.  Backs are often used as receivers.  David Johnson had an all-time great season a couple of years ago and he spent half of it as a wideout.  

Now, I won't debate that taking a RB at two overall was a good use of draft capital.  It wasn't.  The position just isn't that valuable in the modern game, and you can almost always find very talented backs in the second and third rounds, or even later (Matt Breida went undrafted and he's averaging an absurd 7.5 yards per carry on 49 attempts this year).

That said, I can't watch Barkley and think that he's anything other than the guy we thought he would be.  He's an electrifying athlete and every time he gets the ball there's a chance he hits a home run.  His touchdown leap last weekend was incredible.  I just think the Giants got more caught up in adding Barkley's star power to New York rather than smartly approaching their rebuild by drafting a more valuable position, like QB, DE, CB, etc.

Yeah agree all the way around. I was never on board with the win-now with Eli mantra, always thought rebuilding shoulda been the route they take

1 minute ago, the Greenleif Stark said:

Yeah agree all the way around. I was never on board with the win-now with Eli mantra, always thought rebuilding shoulda been the route they take

Perhaps their plan was to basically tank out this year with Eli at the helm and hope they get their top choice next year?  I mean, it's possible they only wanted Mayfield and, once the Browns took him, they decided to just go with Barkley and ride it out for a year.  I know we heard the Pats were ready to try to make a deal for the second pick if the Browns passed on Mayfield, and it's increasingly seeming like he was secretly everyone's number one.

1 minute ago, Ramsay B. said:

Yup. Legitimately the only bright spot on the team at the moment. That screen was unreal... but he had to score or it will definitely be 3.

Yeah, I'm a big fan of Barkley.  I was super pumped to get him in my money dynasty league.  Traded for a 1st midway through last year that I was sure would be 1.02, but somehow everything broke right in week thirteen (last week of the fantasy regular season) and it ended up being the 1.01 and thus Barkley.  Dude's gonna be starting on my team for like the next six-plus years.

2 minutes ago, Lord Dracarys said:

Barkley is probably one of the most fun players to watch run. Not the best draft decision by the Giants maybe given how bad Eli looks, but man is Barkley an electric football player.

Nope. Joe Buck said it was a good pick so it has to be true.

2 minutes ago, Triskjavikson said:

I heard that Hulk Hogan references after getting home and only having the broadcast on for a few minutes.  I figured there had to have been a setup, but perhaps not?  WTF

It was something Wentz yelled out.  But they called a timeout rather than actually running the play so we don't know what Hulk Hogan would have been.

Archived