NFL 2018 III - Gronk is Better at Life Than You

unJon

33 minutes ago, Trebla said:

That wasn't screen on that Antonio Brown TD, that was a block. Dan Fouts glossed over it but NFL Red Zone at least called attention to it. 

Yea, that was OPI. Painful to lose that way. Still, Teryl Austin calling plays that he's never even run in practice with a defensive team that's all back ups due to injuries has to be one of the stupidest coaching decisions I've seen. He's terrible. Bengals will need their offense on point the rest of the season because that defense isn't going to stop anyone.

Tough loss for the Bears.  Howard fumbled on the goal line, and then an interception in the EZ after a TD was chalked off due to a soft call on Burton for OPI.  That was two good drives that ended in turnovers.  Quite a few soft calls in there for the Dolphins that kept them in the game (the Amendola PF kept their scoring drive alive, there was a BS RtP call too). 

Bears had the bigger plays on offense, while Dolphins had a lot of consistent short yards.  Gore’s yards per carry was better than Howard’s, who is really struggling to make much progress with interior runs.  The big surprise was that Bears pass rush generated so little pressure.

It came down to fine margins.  Both sides had turnovers, Bears missed the FG in OT and Dolphins made theirs.  On the positive side, Bears scored four TDs in the second half and should have had another two (one in each half).  That’s pretty good production and an exciting game to watch. 

39 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Obviously missed the burfict hit on brown earlier. Just saw the play. Same shit, Jesus. Loss of words with him anymore. At least brown got the last laugh. Eff that dude. 

At least Burfict doesn’t throw furniture off balconies at toddlers...

2 hours ago, Nictarion said:

At least Burfict doesn’t throw furniture off balconies at toddlers...

That’s relevant. Talking bout the play on the field but when you feel obligated to still stand up for this guy I guess you’ll use whatever lame ass excuse you have. Can’t imagine the tears if the roles were reversed there!!

No posts about the Pats Chiefs game? Holy fuck balls that was some incredible football. I 100% think one of these two teams is going to the superbowl. Mahomes was incredible, yet again, in an incredibly difficult venue. Despite a lot of points given up, but Chiefs D also made some key plays at the right moments. Hill and Hunt were both electric. 

I won't really comment on the Pats much because we all know what they can be, other than to say - they showed us they can still be what we know they can be. I think Michel is not really as good as his numbers would suggest, but he is more than competent at least and a nice addition to their roster.

7 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

That’s relevant. Talking bout the play on the field but when you feel obligated to still stand up for this guy I guess you’ll use whatever lame ass excuse you have. Can’t imagine the tears if the roles were reversed there!!

It was hardly an egregious hit anyway. Brown was a runner at the time, and Burfict only made contact with his shoulder. Jessie Bates actually caught the worst of it. 

I just find it funny you couldn’t just take the win (that the refs helped with) and leave it at that. You had to whine about a hit that wasn’t even flagged hours after the game. 

I’m sure the Rooney stooges at the league office will fine him though. 

7 hours ago, Nictarion said:

It was hardly an egregious hit anyway. Brown was a runner at the time, and Burfict only made contact with his shoulder. Jessie Bates actually caught the worst of it. 

I just find it funny you couldn’t just take the win (that the refs helped with) and leave it at that. You had to whine about a hit that wasn’t even flagged hours after the game. 

I’m sure the Rooney stooges at the league office will fine him though. 

Of course the hit wasn’t egregious. It was a bengal player making the play. Talk about stooges when you have Marvin Lewis running your team. I’ll take my stooge. Typical sour ass Nic after a Steelers loss ;).

54 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Of course the hit wasn’t egregious. It was a bengal player making the play. Talk about stooges when you have Marvin Lewis running your team. I’ll take my stooge. Typical sour ass Nic after a Steelers loss ;).

Lol Tomlin is any better? It’s like the inmates running the asylum over there. Steelers are the most penalized team in the league, and your star players are all me first divas that don’t care about the team. If he had any control at all maybe they could beat the Pats once in a while and actually be contenders. 

Marvin Lewis is a pretty terrible head coach though. Bengals punted 3 times while inside Steelers territory, two of which went for points. When you don't play to win, you don't win. I miss that one season when Lewis was aggressive. I also still hate Teryl Austin.

21 minutes ago, Mexal said:

When you don't play to win, you don't win.

I generally agree with that. But the Jets somehow won yesterday despite kicking seven(!!) field goals.

51 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Marvin Lewis is a pretty terrible head coach though. Bengals punted 3 times while inside Steelers territory, two of which went for points. When you don't play to win, you don't win. I miss that one season when Lewis was aggressive. I also still hate Teryl Austin.

Yep. Marvin is usually too conservative, and his game management is awful,  Austin is too reliant on turnovers and doesn’t seem to make good adjustments, and Lazor (who’s probably our best coach) is hampered by a bad Oline. Fun times. 

I just hope we can get healthy soon. Gio, Price, Ross, and Kroft all out yesterday. That’s a lot to overcome. 

8 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Yep. Marvin is usually too conservative, and his game management is awful,  Austin is too reliant on turnovers and doesn’t seem to make good adjustments, and Lazor (who’s probably our best coach) is hampered by a bad Oline. Fun times. 

I just hope we can get healthy soon. Gio, Price, Ross, and Kroft all out yesterday. That’s a lot to overcome. 

Lazor's other issue is that he abandons the run too easily or fails to recognize why it's working in the first place. The entire Bengals offense should be out of shotgun with run/pass options in early downs and 3 WR on the field. Spread the defense, let Dalton read them and Mixon choose his holes. This shit isn't hard.

Also, the fact Redmond still plays over Westerman is beyond me. He gives up the most hurries of any guard in the league, has the most penalties against and gives up critical sacks in critical moments. Yet he has the "attitude" they want. It's very much Nate Livings vs Evan Mathis all over again.

As for health, won't happen anytime soon. Ross and Price should be back soon but Kroft will be on the IR and the Bengals' defense was destroyed yesterday with Williams, Jackson, Vigil, Burfict, Dennard, Bates, Dunlap all being injured. It also doesn't help that Carl Lawson is on the field for less than 30% of the snaps in a game where pass rush is insanely important. When your two NTs play 90% of the snaps combined and you put Michael Johnson / Jordan Willis at DE for 70% of snaps combined, you're not going to get much pass rush. 

Archived