NFL 2018 III - Gronk is Better at Life Than You

unJon

8 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

Mike Vrabel going for 2 rather than taking the extra point and going to overtime was a brave call. He’s certainly not died wondering anyway.

3 minutes ago, Philokles said:

I can understand going for two, but passing both times rather than running, given Mariota’s issues, seems a strange decision.

I was just saying the same. No issue with the decision in spirit, but that was a weird way to end the game. The Chargers had a whole bunch of time to get coached and catch their breath because of the clock stoppage, which increases difficulty. 'Cause it's not like you lined up again 30 seconds after scoring to run it down their throats some more.

And the passing on both attempts is folly. At least give yourself an option run up the middle to Henry and a flare to Lewis. Fuck, have the WR's just block instead of running routes. If you get called for OPI 'cause you have to throw it and the contact was too early, just kick the PAT

8 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

I thought the Browns were supposed to be fun to watch now?

We have probably the second worst coaching staff in the NFL (thanks, Cardinals!).  Once teams got some tape on the Browns, they were able to scheme to beat them and the Browns don't appear to actually make week to week adjustments.

I pretty much went into this year expecting it to be a lost season.  I think they held off on firing Hue because they knew no one would want to take the Browns job last spring.  After this year, the job is going to be much more appealing.  

3 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Cody 'Cool Kid' Kessler.

He's doing it!

Wouldn't be surprised to see Kessler succeed with the Jags.  He seems like he's got the tools to be a decent game manager, and Jacksonville is exactly the type of team that could use a guy like that.  Good receivers and a great defense.  If he can just avoid turning the ball over, that's really what they need.

6 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Bucs are terrible, but that was a nice play by Landry. 

Losing Alexander for the game (and probably season) earlier today has seemed to have a major impact on them.  They haven't been able to stop the run since he went down.

Archived