Jump to content
unJon

NFL 2018 III - Gronk is Better at Life Than You

Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, briantw said:

Rumor has it that Hue Jackson will be getting whacked tonight.

Can he take his buddy Marvin with him? Maybe they could start a daycare or something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i know the Rams are unbeaten and KC looks like it has a record breaking offense, but honestly I think its the Pats and everyone else now that they have Gordon as a legit #1 deep ball guy. Rams d line plays like it did yesterday and it will be NE vs the Rams for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Every Bengals player not named AJ Green should be embarrassed and ashamed. What a fucking shit show. 

Pretty normal. There is a reason why Marvin Lewis is 1-9 on SNF and 0-7 in the playoffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing?

Amari Cooper traded to the Cowboys for a 1st round pick.

In a vacuum, this is actually a fantastic trade for Gruden. Everyone knew that if someone was going to overpay for Cooper it was Jerry Jones, and nobody thought Cooper was worth a 1st round pick.

But in the broader context this is another example of Gruden's hacksaw approach to teambuilding. This is like the first year of a Madden Franchise Mode where you promise yourself you're gonna stick with it for a few seasons.

It's almost like a nexus of badness that's so dense you can almost see the potentially promising future that must dance through Jon Gruden's tortured dreams like the touch of a flame. There is no firing him, there's no going back. This is a man with a sunburned face, and too much personality.

Ladies and Gentleman.

The Jon Gruden Raiders II: Electric Boogaloo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the surface, that's an amazing trade for the Raiders.  That might be a top ten/fifteen pick.  The Cowboys are bad, and I wouldn't want to be the team paying Amari the star money he's about to demand to disappear every other game.

Unfortunately, the guy making the pick is still Jon Gruden. 

Still, getting a first-rounder in a draft absolutely stacked at WR for Amari Cooper is highway robbery.

Edited by briantw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For what it's worth when that rumor was floating around I remember a few folks on air debating whether one should give up a 2nd round pick or a third round pick for Cooper, and that felt right to me.  Surely not a first round pick, right?  

Why not just bring Dez back?

Eh, and they're pointing out on the garbage MNF broadcast that this division is so open that Dallas is still very much alive.  

ETA:  lol at the clock management malpractice for NYG.  Not sure if it's more Eli or more Shurmer, but that QB/coach battery is hurting.

Edited by Triskjavikson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, The Lasr Storm said:

i know the Rams are unbeaten and KC looks like it has a record breaking offense, but honestly I think its the Pats and everyone else now that they have Gordon as a legit #1 deep ball guy. Rams d line plays like it did yesterday and it will be NE vs the Rams for sure.

You can never count New England out and given the rest of their division, it's highly likely that they'll make the playoffs... but it's hard to see them winning with that defense. No matter how you measure them (here's one place that allows quickly resorting) their defense is Swiss cheese. They're winning because, more often than not, Brady can come up with more than they let in if he has to, but even at his best, he has not done well in the playoffs when the defense was bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Triskjavikson said:

For what it's worth when that rumor was floating around I remember a few folks on air debating whether one should give up a 2nd round pick or a third round pick for Cooper, and that felt right to me.  Surely not a first round pick, right?  

Why not just bring Dez back?

Eh, and they're pointing out on the garbage MNF broadcast that this division is so open that Dallas is still very much alive.  

ETA:  lol at the clock management malpractice for NYG.  Not sure if it's more Eli or more Shurmer, but that QB/coach battery is hurting.

Personally, I'd rather just save that second rounder for the draft and grab a WR there.  Draft is stacked at that position.  

Cooper's about to be massively overpaid, and Dallas is basically obligated to be the team to do it, because if you trade a first for him and then let him walk, you look even dumber than you do overpaying him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Altherion said:

You can never count New England out and given the rest of their division, it's highly likely that they'll make the playoffs... but it's hard to see them winning with that defense. No matter how you measure them (here's one place that allows quickly resorting) their defense is Swiss cheese. They're winning because, more often than not, Brady can come up with more than they let in if he has to, but even at his best, he has not done well in the playoffs when the defense was bad.

nobody game plans better than Bill, and his defense will get stops when they need to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, briantw said:

Unfortunately, the guy making the pick is still Jon Gruden.

Gruden now has three-times the chances he had on August 1st of getting a good player in the 2019 draft.  Or the option of packaging a bunch of picks and moving up to the #1 slot (if they're not already there).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wonder what Gruden will try to get for Carr. They should let Tua enter the draft this year, cause I think he wants to turn these picks into him. if he got a 1 for Cooper im sure hed expect the same for Carr.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2018 at 12:01 PM, Bronn Stone said:

Gruden now has three-times the chances he had on August 1st of getting a good player in the 2019 draft.  Or the option of packaging a bunch of picks and moving up to the #1 slot (if they're not already there).

Problem is that he's an entire team away from being competitive.  Not saying it isn't possible, but the likelihood that a team half filled with mediocre players and half filled with rookies to do well.... probably isn't going to be that great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gruden was terrible at drafting in Tampa, he's going to blow that stockpile of picks in a very Brownsian way. He's going to trade away Carr, who's been good in the past, but what quarterback has Offensive Guru John Gruden ever developed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A first round pick for Amari Cooper seems like they overpaid but from the Cowboys POV, it’s not about a last ditch attempt to make the play-offs, it’s to decide if Dak is worth a big contract next year.  He has declined badly since his rookie season but arguably has poor targets this year.  So was last year just a blip for him?  They need a good enough WR option this season to make a good judgment before giving him $25m+ for several years.  Raiders knew the Cowboys had a need. 

OTOH, if Dak is poor again then they don’t have a first round pick next year to replace him or Cooper.  But Dallas have plenty of cap space to try other things if they avoid over-paying a poor QB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

I had it on good authority that Eli was gonna throw for 5000 yards this season too.

Oh child, please tell me what QB would succeed behind that O Line? Eli has thrown for 5000 yards almost, 4900 and change once and who knew Nate Soldier would be as bad as Flowers almost?  Eli hasnt been good, but hes not the reason they are 1-6 solely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×