NFL 2018 III - Gronk is Better at Life Than You

unJon

On 10/24/2018 at 7:20 PM, Ramsay B. said:

Haha. Never miss an opportunity. I’ve seen Herbert as the top prospect mostly though.

Unfortunately Giants really are tanking the wrong year in regards to Tua. I was thinking they may draft a OT and make us suffer through another Eli season next year(or whatever they decided), but it looks to be a weak tackle class. Completely wasting another season with OBJ and Barkley isn’t really plausible so I’m hoping they get Herbert in the draft.

Just gonna leave this in the NFL thread... you know, since it’s about Drew Lock and all...

2 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

4 player ran up a bill for £50,000, and left without paying. 

Ok, it's not a good look for Americans...

But they're from Florida. They're like the Welsh to us, you can't draw conclusions from those swamp people.

2 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Ok, it's not a good look for Americans...

But they're from Florida. They're like the Welsh to us, you can't draw conclusions from those swamp people.

Funny.  When asked once to define “The South” I said “South of the Ohio.  East of the Mississippi.  And not Florida.”

They asked me why not Florida and I said “They’re just a bunch of transplanted Yankees.”

Eli is putting on a show. My favorite part of this Giants season is that they are still calling these slow developing, draw out plays instead of quick hitters... especially on passing downs when the D is bringing it. Just boggles the fucking mind. 

Bears just put together a nice scoring drive to respond after Eddie Jackson’s stupid cheap shot kept the Jets on the field to score their first TD. 

Bears need to show they can close out a fourth quarter (they’ve had a halftime lead in every game this season). 

Bengals won't make any noise with half their starters out with injury. You might think I'm exaggerating but their entire active list was starters + Bernard and they lose 3 more starters/influential players today (Boling, Lawson and Kirkpatrick). I really need to lower expectations and just be happy if they compete for a playoff spot.

43 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Bengals won't make any noise with half their starters out with injury. You might think I'm exaggerating but their entire active list was starters + Bernard and they lose 3 more starters/influential players today (Boling, Lawson and Kirkpatrick). I really need to lower expectations and just be happy if they compete for a playoff spot.

At least Kirkpatrick came back. 

Tried to give this one away as hard as we could. Fitzmagic would have beaten us had he started.  And our offense was pathetic in the 2nd half. Coaching is still what holds this team back. 

Oh well, a win is a win. 

4 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

At least Kirkpatrick came back. 

Tried to give this one away as hard as we could. Fitzmagic would have beaten us had he started.  And our offense was pathetic in the 2nd half. Coaching is still what holds this team back. 

Oh well, a win is a win. 

Dalton is the best! All we need is a better defense and some offensive players and some rules changes

1 minute ago, Kalbear said:

Dalton is the best! All we need is a better defense and some offensive players and some rules changes

Wtf are you on about? Dalton was fine today. 

21/34 280 Yds 2 TD 0 Int

All we need is a better HC. Those are kind of important in football. 

4 hours ago, Rhom said:

They asked me why not Florida and I said “They’re just a bunch of transplanted Yankees.”

Definitely not all.  There's still plenty of backwoods people there that bump bath salts, eat faces, and send non-functioning pipe bombs to politicians.  Anyway that tab for 4 people is in the "I'm not even mad, that's amazing" range.

17 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

It's a paraphrase quote from the good place about Blake Bortles. 

I had no knowledge of the character on good place that is a huge Jags fan.  Yet in the past few hours between this and reading an article from the Ringer I've seen it alluded to twice.  Weird.

Still scoreless in the epic Niners-Cards battle for the 1st pick.  I want Nick Bosa!

Bears were able to rest Mack — whose ankle injury made him a non-factor in the last two games — against a Jets team lacking much of a passing threat.  They got a solid win, but did concede a soft TD, but no huge errors like the two special teams TDs given up to the Pats last week.  

But the elephant in the room is still Trubiskey’s shocking inaccuracy with downfield passes.  I’ve always been impressed at just how accurately QBs throw to their WRs, but Trubiskey is like a kid flailing the ball in a pick-up game.

Seattle comfortably handled Detroit, but the 28-14 margin included Seattle intercepting at the goal line plus they converted a long fake punt from their own goal line.  So while they looked in control, of both of those plays went the other way it could have been a tie game.

2 hours ago, Philokles said:

Why would you try and run the ball out of your own end zone?

It was the punter. He was going to take a safety but saw an opening and ran for a first down. Was a pretty risky decision. But was a two score game at that point. 

Archived