unJon

NFL 2018 III - Gronk is Better at Life Than You

That was a more fun than expected Sunday Night Football game. Texans are going to need to protect Watson much better if he’s going to stay healthy all year. He took a ton of shots. 

31 minutes ago, unJon said:

That was a more fun than expected Sunday Night Football game. Texans are going to need to protect Watson much better if he’s going to stay healthy all year. He took a ton of shots. 

Watson is such a bizarre NFL QB, and I say that as someone who was all in on him coming out of the draft and locked him up in our Dynasty league. He’s athletic, but more in the college rather than pro sense. He can’t go deep, but gets a ton of deep passes. His passes flutter and they have no velocity.

But yet somehow it works. The kid has heart. And Hopkins.

2 hours ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Watson is such a bizarre NFL QB, and I say that as someone who was all in on him coming out of the draft and locked him up in our Dynasty league. He’s athletic, but more in the college rather than pro sense. He can’t go deep, but gets a ton of deep passes. His passes flutter and they have no velocity.

But yet somehow it works. The kid has heart. And Hopkins.

He basically just tries to stay alive until Hopkins or Fuller gets open and then chucks them a 50/50 ball and somehow it works.

Maybe Johnny Manziel would have panned out in the NFL if he had Mike Evans there to make him look good too like he did at A&M.  :lol:

2 hours ago, briantw said:

He basically just tries to stay alive until Hopkins or Fuller gets open and then chucks them a 50/50 ball and somehow it works.

Maybe Johnny Manziel would have panned out in the NFL if he had Mike Evans there to make him look good too like he did at A&M.  :lol:

That and if he cared about the game like Watson does.

5 hours ago, briantw said:

Yeah seems like it. 

Also, it might have helped if he actually......studied the playbook.......

2 hours ago, Mexal said:

That and if he cared about the game like Watson does.

Looks like your Bengals are having a nice little season there Mex, but are they actually good?

4 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Also, it might have helped if he actually......studied the playbook.......

And cut into his drinking time?

Back to two prior QB conversations. I'm officially comfortable with saying that Mariota is bad. Through 3 and half games he's thrown just 2 TDs with 4 interceptions. Looks like the Titans will have to draft someone new and just let him walk. It's a shame really, I thought he was going to be great.

Kirk Cousins is good. Or at least he has been thus far this season. 11 TDs to just 2 interceptions while averaging over 70% completion percentage and 300 yards a game. Furthermore he's thrown some absolutely beautiful passes. Will see if he can sustain this, and good lord he needs to stop fumbling the ball, but as of now I am quite happy that we signed him. It was for too much, but hey, there are other QBs in that same price range who have been straight awful.

I'm looking at you Derek Carr. 

3 minutes ago, briantw said:

And cut into his drinking time?

Hey man, he's got a "white powdery substance" to keep him fueled.

5 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Kirk Cousins is good. Or at least he has been thus far this season. 11 TDs to just 2 interceptions while averaging over 70% completion percentage and 300 yards a game. Furthermore he's thrown some absolutely beautiful passes. Will see if he can sustain this, and good lord he needs to stop fumbling the ball, but as of now I am quite happy that we signed him. It was for too much, but hey, there are other QBs in that same price range who have been straight awful.

Probably doesn't hurt that he's got Thielen and Diggs out there to throw to.  Damn good receivers on your squad.

.Looks like your Bengals are having a nice little season there Mex, but are they actually good?

We will find out next week!

Back to two prior QB conversations. I'm officially comfortable with saying that Mariota is bad. Through 3 and half games he's thrown just 2 TDs with 4 interceptions. Looks like the Titans will have to draft someone new and just let him walk. It's a shame really, I thought he was going to be great.

For what it's worth though, not sure if you saw this, he threw a perfect TD pass on 3rd down that should have been the game-winning TD, but it was dropped by some bum.  So he should be 4-1 with one more TD.  But I do have worries about how he's looking.  It seems like he has a really bad pick way too often.

Speaking of drops, Arizona dropped the shit out of Rosen's passes again to the point where for that broadcast at least it was a story.  Two weeks in a row.  But then in the 2nd half he played badly.  But another week of "not as bad as the stats indicate," overall.  

Edited by Triskjavikson

3 hours ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Looks like your Bengals are having a nice little season there Mex, but are they actually good?

Yea, they're good. I don't think they're Super Bowl good but they're Playoff good and that's nice to see with the 2nd youngest team in the NFL. They still have OL and LB issues and with Ross, Eifert and Bernard out, they have some offense issues too. But overall, fun to watch again for the most part.

Edited by Mexal

4 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Yea, they're good. I don't think they're Super Bowl good but they're Playoff good and that's nice to see with the 2nd youngest team in the NFL. They still have OL and LB issues and with Ross, Eifert and Bernard out, they have some offense issues too. But overall, fun to watch again for the most part.

All that exciting young talent for Marvin Lewis to shape.

3 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

All that exciting young talent for Marvin Lewis to shape.

No better coach out there in order to get acclimated to losing playoff games. Makes winning one with another team all that sweeter. Just ask Whitworth.

Edited by Mexal

14 minutes ago, Mexal said:

No better coach out there in order to get acclimated to losing playoff games. Makes winning one with another team all that sweeter. Just ask Whitworth.

"They came to me boys. They left as criminals."- Marvin Lewis.

Cincinnati Bengals Head Coach 2002-2044

Husband. Father. Coach.

1 hour ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

"They came to me boys. They left as criminals."- Marvin Lewis.

Cincinnati Bengals Head Coach 2002-2044

Husband. Father. Coach.

Should have gone:

Father. Coach.  Bail Bondsman.

5 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Talk about a tired narrative. :rolleyes:

If it makes you feel any better you guys are only my third least favorite AFC North rival.

7 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Talk about a tired narrative. :rolleyes:

It's why I ignored it. Can say a lot about losing playoff games but the criminal shit is like 12 years old.

15 hours ago, briantw said:

Probably doesn't hurt that he's got Thielen and Diggs out there to throw to.  Damn good receivers on your squad.

Funny that we have two top 10ish WRs who were a 5th round pick and an undrafted free agent yet our 1st rounders have all sucked over the last decade.