NFL 2018 III - Gronk is Better at Life Than You

unJon

16 minutes ago, Triskjavikson said:

The stats I'm seeing about him are hilarious. The Bills actually have a good defense. They're 7th in DVOA. As a team, they are last in total DVOA. 

Funnier stat: Arizona has the second worst offensive DVOA at -29. Cleveland is the third worst at -22. Buffalo is -51.8. I don't have access to the advanced analytics sites, but someone who does can cite some insane numbers. 

10 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

LeSean McCoy for Nick Foles and a pick might be the most logical trade I've ever thought of.  Allen is CLEARLY not ready to play, even after he recuperates.

But why would you bother trading for a QB? Again, many backups far better than Peterman are out there sitting around. You don't need Foles, who didn't look great anyway, and you sure as hell don't need to trade a good player for him. 

Again, Peterman remains the best possible example of collusion against Kap. 

1 minute ago, Kalbear said:

But why would you bother trading for a QB? Again, many backups far better than Peterman are out there sitting around. You don't need Foles, who didn't look great anyway, and you sure as hell don't need to trade a good player for him. 

It sounds like the BUF locker room is on the verge of revolt.  This calms things down and Foles gives you someone from whom Allen can learn.  Foles KNOWS how to play the game, he's just not so good at doing it (He seems like a future QB coach/OC down the road).  You'd be trading McCoy mostly for the pick - and the Eagles have been inquiring.  McCoy is of little use to Buffalo - they won't be good while he is still good.

16 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Tom Savage co-signs.

12 hours ago, Triskjavikson said:

They already need to do a 30 for 30 or something on Peterman.  

*Cue the music*

What if I told you, that in 2017, we'd see the worst QB in NFL history,

That said QB would replace a decent NFL starter,
That in his first start, he'd throw five interceptions in the first half,
That said decent NFL starter would immediately replace him,
That the organization that did this would draft the worst QB prospect 7th overall in the following draft,
That the worst QB we've ever seen would still start in front of him,
30 for 30 presents The Nathan Peterman Story: The Pursuit of Haplessness. 

1 hour ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

*Cue the music*

What if I told you, that in 2017, we'd see the worst QB in NFL history,

That said QB would replace a decent NFL starter,
That in his first start, he'd throw five interceptions in the first half,
That said decent NFL starter would immediately replace him,
That the organization that did this would draft the worst QB prospect 7th overall in the following draft,
That the worst QB we've ever seen would still start in front of him,
30 for 30 presents The Nathan Peterman Story: The Pursuit of Haplessness. 

The Peterman Principal 

9 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Yikes.....

Mariota is done. 

It was a bad day, that's absolutely true, but it was also one game, and apparently one where his protection was absolutely horrible and the run game was equally anemic. 

I don't personally think he's going to be a good NFL starter, despite my fervent desire otherwise, but I wouldn't look at one game for any QB and say that they're done. 

Except Nathan Peterman of course.

14 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

It was a bad day, that's absolutely true, but it was also one game, and apparently one where his protection was absolutely horrible and the run game was equally anemic. 

I don't personally think he's going to be a good NFL starter, despite my fervent desire otherwise, but I wouldn't look at one game for any QB and say that they're done. 

Except Nathan Peterman of course.

I tend to avoid making proclamations over one game samples. Mariota just looks shell shocked and it's his second straight year of regression. I think he's talented, but some times football can just beat that out of you and it looks like it's happening to him.

Would you be shocked if he retired after next season if he has another terrible year?

Just now, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

I tend to avoid making proclamations over one game samples. Mariota just looks shell shocked and it's his second straight year of regression. I think he's talented, but some times football can just beat that out of you and it looks like it's happening to him.

Would you be shocked if he retired after next season if he has another terrible year?

I haven't watched any games, so take it with a grain of salt, but I thought Mariota led the Titans to a 4th quarter comeback win like 2 weeks ago. That doesn't seem like shellshock to me, and it's not clear that 11 sack games are entirely his fault. It's also not clear that he is going to just have multiple games like that in a row. The bigger concern to me is that he's simply not looked that good. 

21 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

I haven't watched any games, so take it with a grain of salt, but I thought Mariota led the Titans to a 4th quarter comeback win like 2 weeks ago. That doesn't seem like shellshock to me, and it's not clear that 11 sack games are entirely his fault. It's also not clear that he is going to just have multiple games like that in a row. The bigger concern to me is that he's simply not looked that good. 

He did, and he lead the league in that stat last year. But he just looks like a different QB. He was ice cold in college. Now he just panics all the time. I think it's in his head, not in his talent. I'm sure he'd tear a 7 on 7 flag league to pieces, but the hits are affecting him. You can only sustain that for so long. The NFL has a long history of beating the game out of young, talented QBs, and it's often not because they don't have the talent. After a while those hits take their toll. 

Archived