NFL 2018 III - Gronk is Better at Life Than You

unJon

10 hours ago, Triskjavikson said:

Just my two cents:  it's clear that Eli is done or mostly done, and it's also clear that NYG has coaching issues and, crucially, 0-line issues.  They have very good WR's (with Sheppard being a nice addition to Odell), but it's damning that that Barkley is as good or better than advertised added to a team with a superstar like Odell and their offense still sucks.  

Can you imagine if you had another QB with more ability even with this questionable o-line what they would do with those skill positions?  Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Philip, Mahomes....how pathetic does Eli look compared to these other QB's if one actually thinks about it?  

Also not to pile on Eli too much but consider how good Philip looks right now...as good as ever...and he and Eli were in that same draft class and we're debating both whether Philip could finally get a Super Owl but also not just whether Eli should retire but whether he should have retired years ago.  

If anyone of those QBs had the Giants O-line they'd have just as many issues as Eli.  Yes, Eli has weapons but he's been sacked 20 times so far, he's on pace to be sacked 55 times this season.  Would love to see Brady or Rodgers survive that and still be good.

10 minutes ago, the Greenleif Stark said:

If anyone of those QBs had the Giants O-line they'd have just as many issues as Eli.  Yes, Eli has weapons but he's been sacked 20 times so far, he's on pace to be sacked 55 times this season.  Would love to see Brady or Rodgers survive that and still be good.

Rodgers was sacked 50 times in 2009 (Big Ben as well) and 51 in 2012

7 minutes ago, Week said:

Rodgers was sacked 50 times in 2009 (Big Ben as well) and 51 in 2012

Talking about THIS YEAR.  Rodgers was 25 in 09 and Ben was 31.....Eli's 37, wtf you want from him at that age?  This year, even with that shitty line, Eli is #6 for passing yards, #8 in completion percentage and has the 9th lowest INT percentage 

42 minutes ago, the Greenleif Stark said:

Talking about THIS YEAR.  Rodgers was 25 in 09 and Ben was 31.....Eli's 37, wtf you want from him at that age?  This year, even with that shitty line, Eli is #6 for passing yards, #8 in completion percentage and has the 9th lowest INT percentage 

To be on the bench? :)

12 hours ago, Triskjavikson said:

Just my two cents:  it's clear that Eli is done or mostly done, and it's also clear that NYG has coaching issues and, crucially, 0-line issues.  They have very good WR's (with Sheppard being a nice addition to Odell), but it's damning that that Barkley is as good or better than advertised added to a team with a superstar like Odell and their offense still sucks.  

Can you imagine if you had another QB with more ability even with this questionable o-line what they would do with those skill positions?  Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Philip, Mahomes....how pathetic does Eli look compared to these other QB's if one actually thinks about it?  

Also not to pile on Eli too much but consider how good Philip looks right now...as good as ever...and he and Eli were in that same draft class and we're debating both whether Philip could finally get a Super Owl but also not just whether Eli should retire but whether he should have retired years ago.  

When Eli retires it will be with the hardware he won, something Rivers will never have. If Eli doesnt get into the hall Rivers wont as well.

3 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

I am amazed how badly Solder declined. He was slipping towards the end in New England, after many years of reliable competence, but I thought it was just lingering injuries.

I'm glad he got a big free agent contract and signing bonus from someone, because he seems like a nice guy and he has a sick kid. But to see him stinking it up on Eli Manning's behalf is more satisfying than the contract the Yankees gave Jacoby Ellsbury.

The love of Boston is strong in this one.

33 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Rivers is far superior to Eli, and neither should make the HoF, though they both probably will.

im not sure how i should attack this. i can only hope the drugs youve injested have passed through, and that your next comment will give us confidence that you are in fact A ) human B )of sound mind and body.

1 hour ago, DanteGabriel said:

I'm a Boston honk but hopefully a little more self aware than Tawmmy from Quinzee. I've never concealed my fandom.

I almost wanted the pats to beat the eagles last year because i wanted Eli to be the only QB to beat Brady in the SB.

almost

edit- self aware that Eli beat the Pats, twice, in their prime as a team?

2 hours ago, The Lasr Storm said:

edit- self aware that Eli beat the Pats, twice, in their prime as a team?

Oh my goodness I had entirely forgotten about those losses! I had previously believed the sole source of my anti-Eli animus was his dopey face. What a keen and incisive insight you possess.

4 minutes ago, The Lasr Storm said:

Son, you come at the king you best not miss.

Filthy pleb

:rolleyes: /so hard I think I nearly hurt myself.

1 minute ago, Bronn Stone said:

Most people wait until they get at least 200 posts before becoming intolerable.  1000 is the accepted threshold for 'intolerable AND wrong'.

What does the 24k threshold represent? :P

So, again, I am not getting the time in these boards.  Also, Martin has released 15 Wild Card books since Dance of Dragons.  Oh yeah, that seems fair.  

Anyway, the Pats defeated the Bears after a fairly exciting game where the Pats did not have their #1 offensive weapon (Gronk) and lost their #1 RB.  The result was a score closer than the actual game was, but another win.  The Pats have defeated two good teams in two consecutive weeks and its easy to feel better about them as the weeks go on (both Chicago and KC are in the top 10 DVOA) . And Brady was very good, but he has yet to have a game this season where he does not turn the ball over.  

But Micthell Trabisky sort of exposed himself.  While he scrambled for 80+ yards and was good on the run, he devolved into a pretty predictable passer.  In effect he was "Check the first receiver and then if that guy is covered, run."  And for now that's great, but as time goes on that is not a sustainable recipe for success.  

Pats play a college team on Monday Night. 

4 hours ago, The Lasr Storm said:

im not sure how i should attack this. i can only hope the drugs youve injested have passed through, and that your next comment will give us confidence that you are in fact A ) human B )of sound mind and body.

Lolz. Philip Rivers is statistically better in every way despite playing two fewer years than Manning. We would be talking about Rivers this year as the potential MVP if not for Goff and Mahomes. Here's all you need to ask yourself to settle this debate: What are they thought of when they were at their best and at their worst? Felipe, at his best, is just outside of the top 5 and at his worst just outside of the top 10. He's spent much of his career in that 6-12 zone. OTOH, Eli, at his best is maybe top tenish for a single season and at his worst is bottom five starting QB. Eli has two rings, and Rivers should have won at least one when the Chargers were loaded back in the day, but Eli has never been as good as Rios. 

26 minutes ago, Rockroi said:

But Micthell Trabisky sort of exposed himself.  While he scrambled for 80+ yards and was good on the run, he devolved into a pretty predictable passer.  In effect he was "Check the first receiver and then if that guy is covered, run."  And for now that's great, but as time goes on that is not a sustainable recipe for success.   

The Bears run the same system as the Chiefs, just without the same level of talent. The difference is Mahomes isn't missing the wide open guys. The Biscuit is. 

Archived