A new experience

Ser Scot A Ellison

7 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Thank you.  Although 17 years of detritus is a lot sort and then move.

In my early 20s, post uni, I moved yearly. I never had any crap. Now i have so much it makes me sick. 

The best thing about a new town is when you walk into that bar, or restaurant and you know immediately this will be a place that you go to again and again.

Congratulations and all the luck with all the changes.

7 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Thank you.  Although 17 years of detritus is a lot sort and then move.

So very much this. Very much worth it though even though the process can be draining.

1 minute ago, Seli said:

Congratulations and all the luck with all the changes.

So very much this. Very much worth it though even though the process can be draining.

Thanks,

We actually purged between 400 and 500 books already (we now have a huge store credit at the local Used Book Store) but we still have lots and lots to pack and move.  We're working on spiffing up the house to maximize our return to put toward the new house.  Although, we're not going to know what to do with all the space in the new house we're in 1800 sq ft now and jumping to 4800 sq ft.  :)

1 hour ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Thanks,

We actually purged between 400 and 500 books already (we now have a huge store credit at the local Used Book Store) but we still have lots and lots to pack and move.  We're working on spiffing up the house to maximize our return to put toward the new house.  Although, we're not going to know what to do with all the space in the new house we're in 1800 sq ft now and jumping to 4800 sq ft.  :)

You wouldn't have had to purge all those books if they were ebooks.

:P

(Sorry couldn't resist :D )

Hope you like the new place and enjoy the new job. Same profession or total career change?

Congrats Scot, if I had to pick a town in SC I’d almost certainly pick Greenville.  Starting to get into the foothills of the Appalachians.  The foothills are the way to go if you live between Virginia and Georgia, IMO.  I’m not down with the flatlanders.  

7 hours ago, S John said:

Congrats Scot, if I had to pick a town in SC I’d almost certainly pick Greenville.  Starting to get into the foothills of the Appalachians.  The foothills are the way to go if you live between Virginia and Georgia, IMO.  I’m not down with the flatlanders.  

I’m really looking forward to it.  They’ve done quite a but to improve the downtown area.  It really has become a lovely city.

Archived