The Witcher on Netflix 2: Man of steel and silver

3CityApache

Wow, that looks pretty bad, needs more work. I've seen much better cosplayers.

31 minutes ago, The Unborn said:

It could very well happen in the series instead of starting the show already full of scars.

Geralt's been a witcher for pretty long before the show starts, it would be weird if he didn't have at least a few scars.

3 hours ago, Morpheus said:

That’s a very wiggy wig.

Wiggeddy. Yeah, the Photoshop version worked better.

Not sure how many scars you can stick on an actor before it becomes impractical, but he does look a bit "fresh"

3 hours ago, Maltaran said:

He doesn't seem to have the cat-like pupils.

IIRC, in the books he doesn't have them all the time. They become more noticeable when he uses certain potions (like Cat) and are less noticeable the rest of the time.

12 hours ago, Myrddin said:

Only if they remove it using CGI every other episode.

It may well be that his tash has been removed by CGI already and they are doing a better job than in justice League? They are maybe showing off and digitally remove his head hair after adding the very fake wig.

My first reaction wasn't "OMG that's Geralt in the flesh!" But it's close-ish, assuming a bit more makeup / stubble to give him a well worn look. So long as they execute his personality right I think it will be OK.

10 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

My first reaction wasn't "OMG that's Geralt in the flesh!" But it's close-ish, assuming a bit more makeup / stubble to give him a well worn look. So long as they execute his personality right I think it will be OK.

I think a teaser trailer showing him in action and actually surrounded by his world will help. In general these "first looks" tend to be improved upon.

22 hours ago, mactwist2 said:

Possible that they want reactions to see how to change it.

As long as it's not being changed because of internet ragers or racists. Don't want to empower them any more than they already believe.

I've also read that the Joker reveal was done much better making for harsher comparisons too. That said I can remember how shit dark knight was going to be based on the first look of ledger's joker. Other than feelings on how geralt appears it's hard to glean the quality of the show or cavill's performance. Not that I'm suggest Cavill is in heath ledger's league!

4 hours ago, red snow said:

As long as it's not being changed because of internet ragers or racists. Don't want to empower them any more than they already believe.

I've also read that the Joker reveal was done much better making for harsher comparisons too. That said I can remember how shit dark knight was going to be based on the first look of ledger's joker. Other than feelings on how geralt appears it's hard to glean the quality of the show or cavill's performance. Not that I'm suggest Cavill is in heath ledger's league!

Yeah, I really hope they don't change because of that specific audience. This release of Cavell's Geralt bugs me just for this reason. Will they ultimately bow to that pressure? I think they should have been more careful given the awful audience they're dealing with.

The youth of so many actors, too, reminds me too much of the Shannara adaptation. An MTV-esque, young adult take on the Witcher. I know, I know, sorceresses in the book always tried to make themselves look like teenagers, but it still has me worried.

36 minutes ago, Simon Steele said:

Yeah, I really hope they don't change because of that specific audience. This release of Cavell's Geralt bugs me just for this reason. Will they ultimately bow to that pressure? I think they should have been more careful given the awful audience they're dealing with.

The youth of so many actors, too, reminds me too much of the Shannara adaptation. An MTV-esque, young adult take on the Witcher. I know, I know, sorceresses in the book always tried to make themselves look like teenagers, but it still has me worried.

Personally, I think they went extra young with the casting of Ciri and Yen so they wouldn't age out of the roles too quickly if the show lasts four or five years (or more).

3 hours ago, Filippa Eilhart said:

in the first story Ciri is like 10, if anything, they went old with her casting.

Agreed--which kind of makes me think they're looking for a young adult audience. I was thinking more about how most of the cast are--Yenn looks like a teenager, which again, is in line with the books, but I've found I have a hard time watching shows that feature a super young cast. I mean if Cavell is the old vet...

I want to give it a chance. I'm just bringing up those things nagging me.

Archived