Iskaral Pust

Exercise and Fitness: bro science debunked

1 hour ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Lost 11.5 pounds from eating healthier and exercising more! Feeling great! I’m taking it slowly in terms of weight loss goals - this is a long term thing. 

Congrats!! I think this calls for an inspirational montage:

7 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Congrats!! I think this calls for an inspirational montage:

I’ve never seen a Rocky film *hides face* OR Rambo :o 

12 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

*gasps* 

:o

4 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

You are not a True American. Yeah, I know, you are a Brit.

Almost at 190 here, so I lost about 30 pounds.

Some general advice. Don't panic if you don't lose weight in 7 days. You want to see 10 days at a minimum. I went through a panic over this several times during this process. It looked like I wasn't losing weight by the scale, and I thought I had reached the much dreaded plateau. But then a bunch of weight goes off all at once, or so it appears. 

Now at the point where I have to find new pants, which is a problem, but a good one to have. 

Also, I'm awed that you can do this exercise stuff. 

Edited by Martell Spy

9 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Don't go and see them now. You just got into the habit of exercising, sitting on a couch for 10 (-ish) movies might derail you. :D 

Great job on the weight loss! :thumbsup: The same goes for @Martell Spy, of course.

Run my first 10k race since last August on Sunday, and first after returning to trainings from knee injury. It felt pretty good actually. My objective was to do it in less than 50 minutes and I did (so what that only by a mere few seconds?).

It's still about 2 minutes slower than my last year's pb, but now I have confidence I'm going to make it sooner or later, if I stay out of injuries.

A few months back I posted about how I'd gotten down to 225ish after being up in the 260s a year prior to that (I'm 6' 3'' for reference) via mostly elliptical, biking and a slightly better diet but felt like maybe I was plateauing/still needed to lose another 15ish lbs.

Since then I've started running (up to 4 miles a day now) and have cut sugary drinks out of my diet, as well as mayo and ranch on sandwiches (using a lot more avocados instead). Weigh about 210 currently so I guess I hit my down 15 pounds goal but I still feel like I could afford to a lose another 5 or 10. Regardless, was pretty cool looking back at that post and seeing I've come along.

1 hour ago, RenlyIsNotRight said:

A few months back I posted about how I'd gotten down to 225ish after being up in the 260s a year prior to that (I'm 6' 3'' for reference) via mostly elliptical, biking and a slightly better diet but felt like maybe I was plateauing/still needed to lose another 15ish lbs.

Since then I've started running (up to 4 miles a day now) and have cut sugary drinks out of my diet, as well as mayo and ranch on sandwiches (using a lot more avocados instead). Weigh about 210 currently so I guess I hit my down 15 pounds goal but I still feel like I could afford to a lose another 5 or 10. Regardless, was pretty cool looking back at that post and seeing I've come along.

Way to go!  Down 50 is no joke.  I did that a few years back and you become a different person.

I'm currently down to 200 from 215 after 7 weeks of keto and 2 days a week of exercise that I can carve out for myself.  Another 15 to go, but I don't think I'll have much issue hitting my goal.