Predictions for Who will Rule Westeros come the end of the series?

Brandon Ice-Eyes

Predictions For Who Rules Westeros come the end of the series - If anyone does?

So Basically, I just want to hear people’s opinions. Will the kingdoms split as it was prior to conquest or will someone else be seated upon the iron throne. Or will kings landing be destroyed by wildfire as it seems to be foreshadowed, and a new capital built?

Ive jumped from one idea to the other regarding the end but can’t seem to make my mind up and I am curious to see what others think so I can make up my mind, Thanks. :)

Jon and Sansa Targaryen will rule from a new capital in the Riverlands. They might choose a new house name, though I can't think of what it would be. 

Nobody. The 7 Kingdoms will split.

It is possible however that hostilities won't start immediately between the new entities as all of them will be exhausted after the long period of warfare and other calamities.

My bet is that people like Sansa, Sam, Davos and maybe, just maybe Tyrion will play a role in the rebuilding of Westeros.

I think the best bet is that they will split. 

From the current claimants the one with the best odds is Dany, due to her power and pedigree. Aegon might be an alternative if things go a certain way but it seems more likely that their foreign associates and the conflict between them will actually ruin the Targaryen legacy. 

For any other one to claim the throne there is the added obstacle of being accepted as king by their peers, so it seems less likely. 

That said it is probable that one or more of the successor states will claim to be the "real" kings of Westeros. 

I think, that in the original ASOIAF, the one which GRRM planned to be a trilogy, in that version, in the end of it, Tyrion was going to become king of 7K. Maybe, even though the series was made into 7 books instead of 3, Author is still going with his original plan for Tyrion's end game.

So I think, that, probably, Jon and Dany will both die. Or she will die in childbirth, or will sarifice her life, to save her dragons. And Jon, after everything will be over, will return to serve at The Wall. So Tyrion will be King, and Sansa will be his Queen. And Dany's son, Rhaego, will stay with Dothraki, to rule in Essos. If Dany will die in childbirth, then her baby will be a girl. And this girl will be future Queen of 7K, but until she will grow up, Tyrion and Sansa will rule over 7K in her place, as her regents. Because Sansa will be that girl's god mother, and thus her guardian. This child-Queen will be betrothed with her half-brother, Rhaego. Though the series will end, while she will be still a child, so we will briefly know about her future only from Epilogue of the series. Her name will be Lyanna. Lyanna x Rhaego. (<- Fanfiction galore ^_^)

5 hours ago, Megorova said:

I think, that in the original ASOIAF, the one which GRRM planned to be a trilogy, in that version, in the end of it, Tyrion was going to become king of 7K. Maybe, even though the series was made into 7 books instead of 3, Author is still going with his original plan for Tyrion's end game.

So I think, that, probably, Jon and Dany will both die. Or she will die in childbirth, or will sarifice her life, to save her dragons. And Jon, after everything will be over, will return to serve at The Wall. So Tyrion will be King, and Sansa will be his Queen. And Dany's son, Rhaego, will stay with Dothraki, to rule in Essos. If Dany will die in childbirth, then her baby will be a girl. And this girl will be future Queen of 7K, but until she will grow up, Tyrion and Sansa will rule over 7K in her place, as her regents. Because Sansa will be that girl's god mother, and thus her guardian. This child-Queen will be betrothed with her half-brother, Rhaego. Though the series will end, while she will be still a child, so we will briefly know about her future only from Epilogue of the series. Her name will be Lyanna. Lyanna x Rhaego. (<- Fanfiction galore ^_^)

I believe the question was about the books being written by Mr. George R R Martin.  What you are fantasizing about is the show from HBO.  Mr. Benioff and Mr. Weiss invented their own characters and changed the story.

It's been a long time between books, so it's easy to forget, but GRRM is very good at surprising the reader and taking the story on a hard turn in a direction no one expected.

To make my point, what would you answer to the same question when ACOK was the most recent book?

I'm hoping and expecting to be surprised. Maybe a wildling? Maybe those old and ambitious kings, the Thenns? Signorn's stock will rise with his marriage to Alys (almost a Stark!) Karstark and also with his knowledge of wights and Others.

ASOS Jon III

Jon bowed his head stiffly, and went. If all the wildlings were like Styr, it would be easier to betray them. The Thenns were not like other free folk, though. The Magnar claimed to be the last of the First Men, and ruled with an iron hand. His little land of Thenn was a high mountain valley hidden amongst the northernmost peaks of the Frostfangs, surrounded by cave dwellers, Hornfoot men, giants, and the cannibal clans of the ice rivers. Ygritte said the Thenns were savage fighters, and that their Magnar was a god to them. Jon could believe that. Unlike Jarl and Harma and Rattleshirt, Styr commanded absolute obedience from his men, and that discipline was no doubt part of why Mance had chosen him to go over the Wall.

Old things and ways coming back. Maybe much older ways than we think?

The Starks were known as the Kings of Winter. All of Westeros will soon be in a deep freeze, so the King of Winter might have a very, very broad reach.

And here’s Alys getting married in a frosty crown.

ADWD Jon X

The girl smiled in a way that reminded Jon so much of his little sister that it almost broke his heart. "Let him be scared of me." The snowflakes were melting on her cheeks, but her hair was wrapped in a swirl of lace that Satin had found somewhere, and the snow had begun to collect there, giving her a frosty crown. Her cheeks were flushed and red, and her eyes sparkled.

16 hours ago, Bullrout said:

I believe the question was about the books being written by Mr. George R R Martin.  What you are fantasizing about is the show from HBO.  Mr. Benioff and Mr. Weiss invented their own characters and changed the story.

And I was talking also about the books, not the show. There is a premise set up in the books for Dany and Jon to die, and for Tyrion to rule 7K. In the end of Jon's first chapter in AGOT, he "saw" Tyrion as King; what maester Aemon said to Tyrion at Castle Black; what Moqorro said to him in ADWD. And in the House of the Undying, in none of those visions or prophecies Dany was Queen of 7K, or managed to got anywhere near Iron Throne. In prophecies for Cersei, the younger more beautiful Queen is Margaery, and then (based on Aeron's visions from TWOW) Euron will sit on Iron Throne, thru marriage with Cersei, and after him fAegon (based on Dany's vision about mummers dragon). Predictions for Dany's future stoped on third mount, treason and fire, all for love, and zero information, that goes beyond that. Thus it's likely, that there is no further future for Dany, because she will die in a war against the Others, or after that in childbirth (she's not infertile, because in her last chapter in ADWD she had moonblood/period. So it's possible, that she will become pregnant again. And she barely survived thru her first childbirth, thus it's likely, that next time she will die). And Jon is GRRM's parallel to King Arthur, and how did King Arthur ended up? -> died in the battle against his son Mordred. So could be, that Jon will be killed by fAegon, who will also die in that battle. Or Jon will return to continue serving at The Wall, because he did gave an oath. He could become King of 7K, for a short period of time, but when the great war will be over, he will leave. There are clues for all of those possibilities in the books.

A new Age of a Hundred Kingdoms. 

No - for real though, Seven independent kingdoms.

North (possibly including beyond the no longer standing wall if that happens) - Stark

Riverlands - Tully

Vale - Royce

Stormlands - Baratheon (Renly)

Iron Islands - Greyjoy

Crownlands -  House Blackwater (Bronn) lmao no idea here, maybe Targs?

Reach - Tarly

Dorne - Martell

Westerlands - Lannister

Really I have no idea. Could go so many ways.

Archived