Starfall...or Starkfall? The fall from grace of House Stark

The Map Guy

2 hours ago, The Map Guy said:

GRRM won't admit anything to Starkfall/Starfall because it would require him to confirm B+A, just as if I asked him if the Meereenese Knot had anything to do with Meera Reed, he's not going to say yes because it would also confirm R+L=J.

Have you considered that the Meerenese knot and B+A are bullshit? 

2 hours ago, The Map Guy said:

Yeah some people here have brought in some crazy theories with minimal and weak evidence, but even when I presented my Meera twin theory with some of my evidence, it still didn't convince people. I was told to stick to "what was written", but I'm the Map Guy, I saw my strongest evidence on what GRRM drew on his maps.

Sorry, going off topic. Maybe I'll post my remaining notes on Meera some day.

If it isn't written in the books, then how could it be part of the story? 

6 hours ago, Rufus Snow said:

That's clearly 'the sunken stark' - Dany will marry Brandon the Shipwright ...;)

Seriously. and Bran will travel back in time to save him and bring him to the future to replace the dead Jon snow and continue house Stark's  future. He will marry dany and rule the seven kingdoms from winterfell. it is known:rofl:

3 hours ago, The Map Guy said:

.but I like to add in real world stuff too.

So......

FAN FICTION. 

ASOIAF is not the real world, so the only information that is cannon comes from between the covers.

My response was based on your complaint that those like me only want the books discussed on the book only forum.

Go somewhere else to discuss fan fiction.

1 hour ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

If it isn't written in the books, then how could it be part of the story

This is crazy talk. Why should a book forum only have content from the books to explain the made up universe?

:cheers:

On 10/15/2018 at 6:20 AM, Megorova said:

I didn't said, that your science based observations are wrong, I just meant, that it's nothing more than a matter of polemics (or is it semantics? :wacko: Sorry, English isn't my native language) - how to call that flying/falling object - comet, star, meteorite, asteroid, or something else.

It doesn't matter, from what kind of material was that bigger flying object (Bleeding Star), because maybe when one piece of it separated from the main body (for example because of collision between Bleeding Star and some other flying object), that separated piece, after flying thru atmosphere of Planetos, changed its properties. Or properties of the original material changed, because this piece of Bleeding Star, after collision with that other flying object, merged with material of that other object. So that falling star, from which was forged Dawn, could be not only a piece of Bleeding Star comet, but a merge of material from which was made Bleeding Star, and material of that other object. So even though comets, as you said before, are clumps of ice, and not rocks or metal, it is still possible, that Dawn was forged from the same material, as material of Bleeding Star + addition of some other materials.

And I presented biblical parallels, because GRRM's works are a strange mix of biblical themes, fantasy and sci-fi elements. For example:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Way_of_Cross_and_Dragon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuf_Voyaging#"Call_Him_Moses"

Maybe Tuf's ship Ark, is what affecting natural span of seasons on Planetos. Maybe dragons are creatures, that were genetically engineered by Tuf, and escaped from his private zoo. Maybe Tuf is ASOIAF's God-on-Earth.

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/God-on-Earth

Could be, that ASOIAF, same as some of GRRM's other works, is a mix of biblical themes, fantasy and sci-fi elements. For example, the Others are robots, based on ice-technology; Valyrians are genetically engineered hybrids, whose DNA was fused with DNA of dragons; seasons of Planetos are affected by climate-control device, that is hidden on the Shadow near Asshai, and that Shadow is actually a giant space-ship (maybe the Ark) in stealth mode, so the ship itself is invisible, but it casts a shadow below itself; the Seven Gods, that appeared to Andals in Essos, were aliens; black oily stones are material from another planet; etc.

Mirri could have lied about Rhaego. No one besides her was there, when Rhaego was born. Jorah at that time was not in Drogo's tent, same as Dany's handmaids. According to Mirri's version, of what happened, the baby dissolved in her hands, when he was born. And she allowed other people to go to Dany, only after the blood ritual and the childbirth were over, thus no one besides Mirri saw the baby. There is no evidences, that he is dead, but there are evidences, that he is alive (Dany's visions of the future with Rhaego in it).

Eventually we will see, whether he is really dead (that's if he won't return in one of next books). I think, that in the original series, the one that was  supposed to be a trilogy, and to have a five year time skip in it, that time skip was needed for Rhaego to grow up. But later GRRM has figured out some other way, how to make Rhaego part of the plot, even though he is still a baby, so he skipped a time skip.

Maybe you are right about it simply boiling down to semantics but my gut feeling is that GRRM knows the difference between a comet and an asteroid.   Comets are mentioned several times in the books.  They hang in the night sky for days or weeks and cause anxiety just like they did here on earth in "primitive" or superstitious cultures before scientific observation allowed us to understand their nature.  The World of Ice and Fire says that Starfall was built where the first Dayne tracked a shooting star to where it had struck the earth and forged the greatsword Dawn from the heart of the magical stone he found there.  GRRM never mentions a comet when he describes the origins of Starfall and the greatsword Dawn which was forged there from the heart of a fallen star and I believe that is because he knows the difference between a comet and a meteorite. 

I will confess that I was unaware that GRRM had written other books that had strong biblical themes but those books have nothing to do with a Song of Ice and Fire.  I doubt that the content of those books suggests anything about the Others being ice robots or that the Shadow is caused by a giant invisible space ship from another book.

While true that Rhaego's birth/death happened "off screen" it doesn't mean that he survived.  I would think that someone in a camp of thousands of Dothraki would notice him.  Mirri Maz Duur and her people were victims of Khal Drogo and his Khalasar.  She betrayed Daenerys in an act of revenge and after admitting that she killed Rhaego in the womb she stated that "The stallion who mounts the world will burn no cities now.  His Khalasar shall trample no temples into dust."

And I don't see the visions Danny has of an adult Rhaego serving to support the notion that he is still alive.  Rather, they are visions of what might have been.  When Dany dreamed her fever dream on her birthing bed she saw a vision of an adult Rhaego with with the copper skin of his Dohraki father and the silver-gold hair and violet eyes of his mother, but when he smiled and lifted his hand towards her flames poured forth from his mouth.  She saw his heart burning through his chest, and in an instant he was gone, consumed like a moth by a candle, turned to ash.  He dead.

5 hours ago, The Map Guy said:

I am using the book, and just like other people here, I craft theories

Thank you.

I really don't craft theories. I come here to read theories that are canon.  It irritates me when people don't care about that and post fan fiction or GOT sh@t.

The ONLY sources that should be referenced should be the published works, e.g. ASOIAF, AKOTSK, TWOIAF, maps, etc.

Maps.....

This does NOT mean you can pick a spot on a map and make up fan fiction.  Especially if you have to change the spelling.

TWOW chapters are not supposed to be here. 

So why should fan fiction? 

11 hours ago, the Other Wolf said:

Thank you.

I really don't craft theories. I come here to read theories that are canon.  It irritates me when people don't care about that and post fan fiction or GOT sh@t.

The ONLY sources that should be referenced should be the published works, e.g. ASOIAF, AKOTSK, TWOIAF, maps, etc.

Maps.....

This does NOT mean you can pick a spot on a map and make up fan fiction.  Especially if you have to change the spelling.

TWOW chapters are not supposed to be here. 

So why should fan fiction? 

Not your thread though, is it?

If you want to impose your own rules on the discussion (pretty narrow rules, if you ask me) - then start your own thread.

Archived