Knowing all we do now, who would have been the ideal bride for Robert to ensure peace in the realm?

Robb St0rk

Thinking outside of the box here, but maybe what's best for the realm would be a bride who wouldn't put up with his cheating to the point where she murders him in his sleep early on. Whatever else you want to say about Stannis, he would've been attentive to his duties as king.

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 5:21 PM, Robb St0rk said:

Robert's marriage to Cersei sounded good on paper, but it ended up being a disaster.
However, we can't really blame Jon Arryn for this given that he never could have known.

But with everything we currently know about Westeros' noble families and their ambitions,
who would have been the perfect bride for Robert, in the context of ensuring the realm's peace?
Could there have been a perfect alliance formed that would make Robert's reign one of the most stable?
What do you think?  

Robert was the proverbial broken clock, that is right twice a day .He should have remained single after the death of Lyanna . But if Robert needed to marry for the good of the realm he should Marry Lynesse Hightower or Delena Florent .

On 10/16/2018 at 7:10 PM, Darion Storm said:

If his love for Lyanna was genuine, I think giving him a happy marriage to her - a strong woman who might’ve been able to rein him in with Jon Arryn’s help - could have fixed, or at least lessened, some of Robert’s problems.

Although I do have to wonder how much of his pining for Lyanna is how he actually felt at the time, or if he is just building her up in his head, due to guilt and comparing her to Cersei.

Same here.

On 10/16/2018 at 5:31 PM, wia said:

- Deny Tywin in making his daughter the queen and he'll plot to overthrow Robert
- Marry Cersei and she'll plot to overthrow Robert

Just can't win this one.

Sadly, I agree. Also I second the above- there appears to be a dearth in eligible women the correct age. Mace Tyrell’s sisters, perhaps. Genna Lannister, if she had not yet married Emmon Frey. Alerie Hightower if not yet married to Mace. Perhaps a Vale house?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived