How many bastards do you think Tytos, Tywin & Tyrion have?

Ellard Stark

Its hard to say, we know that Tytos has two known mistresses, but since they where in the spotlight I feel like we would've known if they had children. 

I feel like Tywin wouldn't allow them to get pregnant. 

Tyrion, I don't think people would want his child. Sure it could get them prestige having a Lannister bastard for a child, but Tyrion's dwarfism might put them off, they might think they would die in childbirth the same way Tyrion's mother did. 

53 minutes ago, EloImFizzy said:

I feel like Tywin wouldn't allow them to get pregnant. 

Agreed. I could even see Tywin having his own stash of moon tea around and making the girls drink it in front of him after the act. I also wouldn't be surprised if Tywin paid servants in Casterly Rock to mix moon tea or something like it into the food or drink of Tytos' last mistress.

11 hours ago, Ellard Stark said:

I refuse these men were shooting blanks after their wives have died.

They don't have to be shooting blanks.

Tyrion and Tywin are using prostitutes. Prostitutes will generally ensure they don't get pregnant.

Tytos is in a long-standing relationship with a mistress. She also would probably ensure that she didn't get pregnant.

Pretty sure these wealthy guys overall not just the lannisters, can afford to have more than  1 mistress. They can be random women that just caught their eye for a night.

If you're a woman, a prostitute or a commoner, what a way to escape that life with having a bastard. Even Roose couldn't directly hurt the commoner.

So yea

1 minute ago, Ellard Stark said:

Pretty sure these wealthy guys overall not just the lannisters, can afford to have more than  1 mistress. They can be random women that just caught their eye for a night.

Of course they can. They can also settle into long term monogamous relationships. Tytos was a big old softy so he could certainly have done the latter.

2 minutes ago, Ellard Stark said:

If you're a woman, a prostitute or a commoner, what a way to escape that life with having a bastard.

It's conceivable (pun absolutely intended) that Tywin or Tyrion fathered a bastard on a prostitute, but they might never know, as said lady may have a hard time knowing who the father was. However, they clearly have forms of contraception and abortion in Westros, and women who engage in regular sex use them. You'd expect prostitutes to definitely do so.

3 minutes ago, Shouldve Taken The Black said:

Of course they can. They can also settle into long term monogamous relationships. Tytos was a big old softy so he could certainly have done the latter.

It's conceivable (pun absolutely intended) that Tywin or Tyrion fathered a bastard on a prostitute, but they might never know, as said lady may have a hard time knowing who the father was. However, they clearly have forms of contraception and abortion in Westros, and women who engage in regular sex use them. You'd expect prostitutes to definitely do so.

For the average joe, sure, but what if the person isn't just random joe and is a high lord or maybe.. a king? We talk about fantasy version of Plan B all day all night. But even in Fantasy Worlds, nothing is 100%.

Now I ain't saying all these women are "thots" =)

1 minute ago, Shouldve Taken The Black said:

Sorry, I don't know what you mean, or which point of mine you are referring to?

Prostitutes / Whores main customers are mostly regular people. They might be tempted to keep a baby from Nobility, for a better life... Also Moon Tea isn't a guarantee ( I assume?)

5 minutes ago, Ellard Stark said:

Prostitutes / Whores main customers are mostly regular people.

Depends. Tywin probably shopped at the high end. But yeah, I take your point.

5 minutes ago, Ellard Stark said:

They might be tempted to keep a baby from Nobility, for a better life

That would have been playing with fire where Tywin and Tyrion were concerned. Tywin wouldn’t have looked too kindly on a woman who tried to baby-trap him; and Gods know what he would do with a girl who turned up claiming to have had Tyrion’s child.

Still, again, it’s plausible such a thing could happen, however I stand by my point that prostitutes would have a hard time knowing who the father of their child was. If they did become pregnant they probably wouldn’t take the risk of having it on the off chance it was identifiably a lord’s bastard. They’d just take care of the situation.

9 minutes ago, Ellard Stark said:

Moon Tea isn't a guarantee ( I assume?)

No idea, but I doubt it is 100% effective. Still, it doesn’t necessarily follow that men who shag around are bound to have bastards. Clearly precautions can be taken and often work.  

3 hours ago, Ellard Stark said:

They might be tempted to keep a baby from Nobility, for a better life

That better life isn't a guarantee... especially with someone like Tywin, who has quite the reputation for brutal and merciless acts. All he'd have to say is "If you conceive a child, I'll have both of you drowned/sold into slavery" and I can imagine any women he's with will make sure to take their Moon Tea the morning after. Also, if Tywin was sleeping with whores, not a word of his actions got out and about... so either he was fucking them then killing them, or he knew how to choose women who could be discrete, or he paid a hefty sum for that discretion. 

4 hours ago, Mordred said:

How many bastards these men have?  It doesn't matter because bastards do not count.  Lancel and his side gets the rock before these kids.

Cherry on Top. Most Nobleman have bastards. Only if a succession crisis occurs will a acknowledged bastard be put into consideration. Most lords won't care what happens to the babe.

For Example: When presented with his latest bastard, Robert scruffs at the new born.

15 hours ago, Ellard Stark said:

Cherry on Top. Most Nobleman have bastards. Only if a succession crisis occurs will a acknowledged bastard be put into consideration. Most lords won't care what happens to the babe.

For Example: When presented with his latest bastard, Robert scruffs at the new born.

Odd how the cold Roose Bolton acknowledged his bastard.  He even admits to considering killing Ramsay's mother when she showed up at the Dreadfort with a baby, but says that when he saw his own eyes in Ramsey he saw to the child's needs.  And this was while Domeric was still alive, and becoming a proper Lord.

Archived