Why do you all love Sansa Stark?

honorable men

1 hour ago, honorable men said:

Why do all love Sansa Stark she's just a little girl?

Heh. You might search out some of the Sansa threads, particularly ones where Sansa is criticized. The pushback from the big Sansa fans is near overwhelming, not to mention repetitive. Be prepared to wallow in some heavy "SanSan" action, and fantasies of their golden queen on the Iron Throne. Click over to the "ReRead" category and examine the "Pawn to Player" threads.

My guess is, your responses have been so few and trivial because a lot of people are just tired of it. And not "all" love her. Many can't get over the way she was in Book One and how she thinks of and treats Arya.

24 minutes ago, the Other Wolf said:

How can anyone claim they love or hate a made up character?

The image is real enough, Sansa Stark has impacted my life more then Ann Nevile. I've gotten tearyeyed reading her chapters and spent countless hours contemplating her future. 

Granted, I dont "love" Sansa like I would a real person but I dont really "love" any historical figures.

George Washington despite his flaws is one to be admired, like Napoleon or Martin Luther King. If i cant love them, who can I? 

Dany is always trying to do good. Jaime Davos Brienne. They all do things to reflect on and admire.

Sansa frees no slaves. Shes almost purely a victim, Ser Dantos aside, and most were self inflicted. Yet her goodness still shows despite being a powerless child (no Stark can say that) and no other Stark has the training or the resources to liberate Robbs kingdom

I do not like or dislike her character...

In the first book she is very anoying, not just because the whole "inocent girl" thing, but because she is too dumb.

After joffrey swinging his sword at Arya and Cersei asking for Lady's head she still was using the evil queen as a crying shoulder and in love with "her handsome prince".

I didn’t like Sansa as she was unpleasant, but normal person, and a liar. But I began to empathize with her as a naive preteen, and as an abused girl without reliable support, grieving many losses. Later, I became intrigued by her plight and I am very curious about what will come of it.

1 hour ago, Hugorfonics said:

Sansa Stark has impacted my life

Wow!

There are plenty of historical figures one can/should admire. I still love none. 

With that said, I also hate no one.  (Anger is within. It only means someone is doing something you don't want.)

Clearly I can get fired up, but there is no hate or anger. 

To some degree each of us in this fanatic fandom are overly obsessed (here I am spending time talking about a fake universe) with our own emotional attachment to the story, but I refuse to attach love and therefore hate to it.

This is fantasy. These are made up characters. So again, WOW!

I would respect it more if one said GRRM has impacted my life. Afterall, Sansa is him.

18 minutes ago, the Other Wolf said:

Wow!

i said more the Ann Nevile, whch is like nothing

19 minutes ago, the Other Wolf said:

There are plenty of historical figures one can/should admire. I still love none. 

With that said, I also hate no one.  (Anger is within. It only means someone is doing something you don't want.)

Clearly I can get fired up, but there is no hate or anger. 

I feel that. In real life I dont hate people who've done their best to fuck up my life. Hate shouldnt belong in my heart.

Having said that, im not too happy with my government these days. As far as historical figures go I do have room for hate. Nazis, fascists, conquistadors, etc

In terms of asoiaf, I got frustrated with Ned but hes too nice to hate, and Rams and Joff are far too entertaining

23 minutes ago, the Other Wolf said:

To some degree each of us in this fanatic fandom are overly obsessed (here I am spending time talking about a fake universe) with our own emotional attachment to the story, but I refuse to attach love and therefore hate to it.

This is fantasy. These are made up characters. So again, WOW!

I would respect it more if one said GRRM has impacted my life. Afterall, Sansa is him.

We're all clearly obsessed. 

Ive been living by Supermans honor and morals my whole life. It doesn't bother me that hes fantasy, his morals are not.

Obviously GRRM has impacted my life. But so has Matthew Weiner and Lil Wayne

For the same reason I love Odysseus, man.   

Sansa travels the world, then gets stuck with Circe for a while.   It's the oddysey retold!   

Then there's a hose beast (charybdis / aunt Lysa) who must be ingeniously navigated around.   Then our girl landed on the isle of the lotus eaters, the Vale's lower castles.   Where fools pretend there's no war going on around them so it's tempting to just join in and hallucinate with them as Alayne, Sansa's era of also pretending that her life is safe and sane for a couple years.   I'm telling you George is the new Homer.  

Odysseus had to outsmart the one- eyed monster, the Cyclops, whereas Sansa has to worry about outsmarting Pete's dingus.

And how did it all start?  With the theft of Helen of Troy..... by Raegar Targaryen.   Agamemnon and his bro were the jerks who went off to get her back, right?  So that's Robert and Stannis.   Ned was Odysseus, but now he's just a head, so Sansa inherits the epic's focus.  (...yes)

I like the way she nurtures the young but mighty Strong Robin after he loses his mother. It's obvious he's an important and intrepid young man and I respect her for acknowledging it through her actions. In return, Robert loves Sansa and wants to marry her even when she wants to pretend to be a bastard. They are each others first real kiss and are bonded in blood and passion.

In the perfect world their story wold end like this. After they dispatch Baelish, Robert Arryn and his wife Sansa Arryn, née Stark, will become King and Queen of the Mountain and Vale, Trident and Rivers and Hills, and the North. Sansa gets her happy ending when she gets pregnant by her beloved winged king and gets to eat all the lemon cakes.

Archived