Daredevil Season 3 [SPOILERS - Page 3 and beyond]

RedEyedGhost

Just finished episode 6. Show's really firing on all cylinders, IMO. My only fear is that the show will succumb to the usual 13 episode problem.

I think the timing of the Luke Cage thing makes the story from Deadline sound plausible -- it was generally something that came to a head as Netflix, Marvel, and the showrunner & writing team were all at odds and basically they decided to cut their losses after already having sunk time and money into pre-production for S3.

Episode 9:  What an opening! 

Nadeem has been a great character, with how often Hattley was ragging on him about his credit rating and how susceptible that makes him.  To find she is in Fisk's pocket, so good (and not completely unexpected).  The meeting where she introduced him as a new member of the team though, wow, that I did not see coming.  Then we find out about the long reaching threads Fisk has woven into Foggy's family and Nadeem's, AND what he did to Hattley.

Probably my favorite episode of the season so far, and I still have ten minutes left in it!

6 eps in. 5 was a great episode, but 6 was something else. Everything is really working this season. If I had one criticism, it would be that the season started out slow, but this is a minor nitpick. Many of the things they took the time to set up, really worked. Also, much as season 1, the Kingpin parts of the show are always hugely enjoyable. Also, things really lit off in ep 3, and it only went up several notches from there.

Daredevil is not necessarily a show that has a midseason finale, in the way say the Walking Dead always has one, but ep 6 was definitely a midseason finale. Some major events happened and it was extremely shocking in more than one instance.

Spoiler

I had seen the trailer and thus been spoilered about Bullseye as the fake Daredevil. However, I managed to still be shocked by the big reveal and attack. I thought some version of Matt and gang's plan was going forward. I guess my knowledge of the fake Daredevil went to the back of my brain, but I was drinking some, I admit. Also, after Matt was stabbed, I did not expect him to get up. (I guess I forgot that the Murdachs always get up) I thought his extreme injuries would help him clear his name for now, as I thought the FBI was going to find his wounded body. 

Awesome long duel with Bullseye and Daredevil. I really didn't expect him to get him around corners like that.

Any idea why he said it was good to see Karen again? Was he playing his role as Daredevil doing that?

Oh yeah, great how the Kingpin said to Bullseye he would never abandon him. Much as Bullseye felt abandoned by the Psychologist and Matt's trying to force his friends to abandon him.

I'd imagine that's why they chose to preview the first six episodes to the press before the season launched. 

I'm on the final episode now.  This season has been great.  Easily the best Marvel Netflix season yet, unless it completely shits the bed in the final fifty minutes.  But whoever's running this show now clearly gets it.  I feel like Daredevil has always been at his best when his stories veer more toward mob/crime stories than superhero showdowns or ninja nonsense, and this season has shown why.  

Done with episode 11. Going to hold off on the final two. So far, so good -- I think the best season of any of the Marvel shows to date, including DD S1 which had some issues in the middle of its run.

I find it bizzare that folks like Sepinwall are complaining about it being too "talky", given the stuff he normally goes all-in on, but who knows the minds of critics. 

Spoiler

Episode 10, "Karen", was really surprisingly good. I always thought their finally digging into her past would end up a let down, but I thought it was quite effective. Also good to see Lee Tergesen again.

Episode 13

Spoiler

A goddamn actual woman in a fridge! WTF? It was bad enough how they dispatched with Julie, they had to fully lean into one of the most despised tropes? Weird tone deafness there.

I am kinda disappointed that Fisk broke Bullseye’s back, wished they had saved that for Matt in season 4 if it happens.

TBH I expect to hear DD is canceled in a few months, they will give the new season time to be watched.

Yeah I'm on episode 8 and this is substantially superior to the other Netflix shows. Just everything from the pace, writing and dialogue, characters and fight scenes are quality production efforts.

Spoilers up to E08.

Spoiler

I particularly like the Fisk persona and his conversations as he resides in Matt's head. The camera shot always has Fisk out of focus and over one of Matt's shoulders, like a good angel, bad angel trope except well executed here..

The first Bullseye fight scene in the newspaper building was also very well done. I like how they're building out Bullseye's character and making him an even fighter against Matt (at least for the introduction). Bullseye is basically Matt but without having faith, the Church, or Catholicism in his life growing up.

Finished ep. 11 and love this season. 

The only headscraching issue I have is

Spoiler

How does Bullseye impale people with an inch thick piece of steel that he just chucks at them? He doesn't have superhuman strength, and I didn't see any hints of sharp tips on those sticks.

Archived