US politics: Georgia on my mind

IheartIheartTesla

42 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

All the these assassination attempts against Dems and the media are very confusing to me. The right supports Trump almost religiously, and yet somehow they are ignoring his calm, statesmanlike level-headed guidance and instead are acting like he’s explicitly and on many occasions declared war on the Dems/media and advocated violence and ‘any means necessary’ to win said wars.  

Well in the case of Clinton he has called repeatedly for her to be locked up. And this is the President. Words have consequences.

Many racist conspiracy theories have been spread by the American and European Right as well.

Here's the list so far:

• George Soros
  • The Clintons
  • The Obamas
  • John Brennan c/o CNN, when he works for MSNBC
  • Eric Holder (wrong address, got sent to Debbie Wasserman Shulz' office in Florida)
  • Andrew Cuomo
  • Possibly the Congressional mailroom in DC

The one at Kamala Harris' building turned out to be discarded clothing. 

10 hours ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

But I don’t think his anti-immigration, anti-globalisation, pro-America policies are pursued for personal enrichment. I think they are positions he genuinely identifies with. It is simply not worth the bother otherwise.

Why not both? Heck, why would you think that policies he personally believes and identifies with are NOT ones that personally enrich him? If there's one thing that we know about Trump, 'personally enriching himself' is something that appears to be one of his main morals, period. 

One of the things Florida does well for voting, is send a sample ballot to all registered voters a few weeks before Election Day. I’ve been going over it and I’ve performed my research on almost every vote. But my question is, how do I research judges - we have a few this year - and I have no idea which ones to vote yes or no on. I looked up their registration and they are all NPA, so that doesn’t help.

is there a site somewhere that rates these judges?  If it matters, I’m in Sarasota county, FL.

I know this is off recent topics, but I want to vote tomorrow so I only have tonight to figure this out. If anyone can point me to a site somewhere, I’d really appreciate it.

my neighbor suggested looking up which govenenor appointed them, and decide based on that, but maybe Rick Scott accidentally did something right for once, and I don’t want to vote no on someone decent.

Maya,

Voted for Palm Bay in Brevard County, myself. Judges are indeed tough! I would search them by name. If you're wondering about Alan Lawson for justice of the Supreme Court, see here for some information that may be useful.  The Ballotpedia website will sometimes have information on distract court of appeals candidates, such as how much of the Florida Bar supports their retention, as well. For example, here's Anthony K. BlackDarryl CasanuevaEdward C. LaRose, and Susan Rothstein-Youakim.

The list of people mailed bombs so far.
-George Soros
- The Clintons
- Barrack Obama
- John Brennan
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz
- Kamala Harris/Eric Holder (same package)
- Andrew Cuomo
- CNN
- Maxine Waters

This will continue to grow, and someone will eventually get killed. 

And you have shit heads comparing confronting politicians in public to sending fucking bombs to people.

7 minutes ago, Bonnot OG said:

The list of people mailed bombs so far.
-George Soros
- The Clintons
- Barrack Obama
- John Brennan
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz
- Kamala Harris/Eric Holder (same package)
- Andrew Cuomo
- CNN
- Maxine Waters

This will continue to grow, and someone will eventually get killed. 

And you have shit heads comparing confronting politicians in public to sending fucking bombs to people.

The outrage from you does not appear to be particularly well-placed.

1 hour ago, Maya Mia said:

One of the things Florida does well for voting, is send a sample ballot to all registered voters a few weeks before Election Day. I’ve been going over it and I’ve performed my research on almost every vote. But my question is, how do I research judges - we have a few this year - and I have no idea which ones to vote yes or no on. I looked up their registration and they are all NPA, so that doesn’t help.

is there a site somewhere that rates these judges?  If it matters, I’m in Sarasota county, FL.

I know this is off recent topics, but I want to vote tomorrow so I only have tonight to figure this out. If anyone can point me to a site somewhere, I’d really appreciate it.

State and local bar associations are generally the ones that have this information for the public. But it varies from state to state whether it might be a state bar association that is the best source or a city or county one. I'm not familiar with those in Florida but it does appear that the Florida Bar has some information available to you. Go to their website and you will see under their latest updates a link for "Vote's In Your Court" which should hopefully give you some of the information you are looking for.

www.floridabar.org

6 hours ago, Mexal said:

Bombs sent to Soros, Clinton and Obama in the last 7 days. Civility police are out in full force. I bet this gets very little play in conservative media.

False flag, false flag! That'll be the right wing media response.

23 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

False flag, false flag! That'll be the right wing media response.

Yup. That's exactly what has been happening. As always, the logic is sound as they think Democrats were willing to send operational bombs and risk murdering people like Obama to blame Conservatives. Right.

On 10/23/2018 at 12:51 PM, Crazy Cat Lady in Training said:

They invent their own scripture because they've never actually read the Bible. :) They really have no idea what's in it except for excerpts they've heard at church, taken out of context to fit their preferred narrative. 

No, they read the Bible. The Bible is like Shakespeare - there is a quote for almost every side of an argument.

Archived