US politics: Georgia on my mind

IheartIheartTesla

7 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Well it could easily be a right winger who wants to scare the shit out of everyone but doesn’t want the death penalty for actually killing someone. Because in the end, he’s just a fucking coward.

Sexist! Assuming the almost bomber is a man! Call yourself a progressive, HA!

I bet you think a woman is only smart enough to make a real bomb, but only a man can make a real bomb that's actually a fake bomb.

8 minutes ago, Triskjavikson said:

Not sure about the credibility of this particular odds-maker, but here's a public service announcement.  Frog Eater presumably sees this as evidence that the "smart money" is very much on the possibility that it's a Dem.  But what most odds-makers really do is try to get the money about even on both sides.  So in a hyperpolarized thing like this where Trump people will say it was a Dem that sways the "odds" massively.  In no way whatsoever is this a meaningful signal about what is likeliest.  This is not some Bayesian analysis.  

You are right, but the interesting here is that it matters more what people think than what is likeliest. Nobody was hurt and no property was damaged so the physical events themselves are utterly insignificant compared to the political consequences. The latter depend on what people think so the reaction of the odds-makers is valuable. Of course, this will change if the authorities manage to track down the culprit in less than two weeks, but if they don't, then the election is independent of what actually happened prior to the reception of the packages.

5 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

On first reading that looks like you are admitting to electoral fraud. Vote early and vote often, as they say.

Ha!  It does read like that now that you mention it.  To be clear I meant I’ve voted many times over as many elections.  One of the things I hate most in life is waiting in line, so believe me when I say I’m too lazy to do it more than once a November.  

3 hours ago, Frog Eater said:

Vegas thinks its a Democrat. They dont think its so laughable. Me? I can see it as a crazy leftist, and I can see it as a crazy right winger. a 50/50 chance. 

As any sports fan will tell you, the odds do not reflect what Vegas ‘thinks’, they reflect what they think people will think/bet on. And, given that one of two political affiliations in the US is much, much more single-source information and amazingly invariable in their support, I would also assume the single explanation most likely to be believed by Americans than any other individual position is the one FOX/Briebart/Alex Jones et al are taking. That’s the same group of whom 2/3 believed Obama was a Muslim Kenyan, the same who overwhelmingly believed Saddam Hussein was behind 9-11, believe(d) global warming is a hoax, believe Trump is a fundamentally honest man who almost never lies, that George W. Bush’s administration never tried to deceive the people about Iraq, who were much more likely to support the AHCA than Obamacare, and who as recently as a couple years ago contained a big chunk...one in 5 in fact...who literally (to be extra clear, NOT joking) believed that Barrack Obama is the Anti-Christ.

If i were a bookie, I’d bet on that half of the country believing w/e Fox/Briebart are selling too. Which is what the odds reflect.

edit: I suppose I should have read further along a tad.

On 10/22/2018 at 9:51 PM, Frog Eater said:

Good. As opposed to being a globalist, I'll take it.

A Nationalist is defined a person who advocates for political independence of a country. 

Its part of his America First platform. Globalism left middle America behind in this country, and they know it

I'm glad we finally have a President who is proud to put our country first. 

I’ve been meaning to respond to this.   Can I ask, how do you feel about the country’s plutocrats (not to mention the rising class of kleptocrats)?  Based on your series of posts, it looks like you blame immigrants for plundering “native” Americans’ resources.   To be sure globalism has caused negative externalities for some, and is owned by both parties, but how do you feel about the Republican party’s dedicated advocacy for and policies geared toward resource hoarding by the 0.1%?   I mean, I guess you don’t see Republican policy as welfare for the rich at the expense of the poor and middle class?   What about “affirmative action” for plutocrats?   Does it bother you that supremely mediocre douchebags like Kushner and the Trump kids are able to buy their ways into spots at schools that other more deserving kids should have?   Do you think inheriting legacies and networks is a similarly harmful issue?

I like the comment that says something like:  “remember kids, if he is a Trump-supporter, he is a crazy lone wolf.  If he is a progressive, he represents all progressives.”

Unfortunately, this a sadly accurate description of how half of America will consciously or subconsciously internalize this.

I think its a false false flag. This is where the (conservative) conspirators chose to pin the blame on a (conservative) perpetrator who could now take the blame for the midterm losses rather than Trump's policies. It is equally likely as ....well, any of the other loonie theories out there so I think it deserves equal time discussion.

On 10/25/2018 at 5:30 PM, The Great Unwashed said:

If there is any false flag going on here, I'd wager my paycheck that it's a right-wing group masquerading as a left-winger, drumming up the false flag theory and leaving a trail of breadcrumbs to a manufactured character so they can crow about their false flag theory being true and gain the satisfaction of believing their false-false flag operation worked. A matryoshka false flag; the False Flag Ouroboros, if you will.

What if every single thing was actually a false flag...

I want to see how they spin this, and how long it takes Trump to kidding/not kidding say he wishes one of those bombs had gone off.

A FoxNews anchor just asked a congressman, on air, if he thinks all of this is a "distraction". 

Archived