Who do you think will have the most POV chapters in WOW and why?

Synaesthesia

In GOT Eddard had the most ,In COK Tyrion had the most, In SOS it was Arya, In FFC it was Cersei and in Dance it was Jon

So who do you think will have the most in the next book.

My money is on Theon since he is the only  Named POV left to observe what looks to be a hotspot of activity in the next book since Theon and Asha are the only POVS in the below wall North and I don't see Asha suddenly outchaptering Theon

Another one that seems likely to me is Cersei given that with Jaime gone she is the last POV in kings landing, though I think KL might be featured less in Winds

I think it will probably be Denerys (unfortunately).  If her story is to have any point, she is going to have to gather her forces and move toward Westeros in the next book, and that is going to chew up a fair bit of story time.

To be honest, given the large number of POVs, I doubt anyone is going to have a dominant number of chapters.  I would be surprised if any character has more than 8, if that (out of about 75-80).  I expect Tyrion, Jon, Sansa, and Arya to have 6-7, Bran and Cersei about 5, and everyone else below that.

20 minutes ago, Synaesthesia said:

My money is on Theon since he is the only  Named POV left to observe what looks to be a hotspot of activity in the next book since Theon and Asha are the only POVS in the below wall North and I don't see Asha suddenly outchaptering Theon

I don't see Theon as being all that important, and I expect the main action in the North to be at the Wall and beyond.  Jon, Bran,and Davos can cover that, I think.

aGOT - Eddard - the man that didnt want or know how to play the Game of Thrones

aCOK - Tyrion - the man with the littlest hopes to be king

aSOS - Arya - the lady who for much of the book is without her sword

aFFC - Cersei - not so fond of feasts after the purple wedding

aDWD - Jon - is he a dragon...isn't he?

tWOW - Dany - the furthest from actual winter

aDOS - #1 Other - very fond of spring

1 hour ago, Nevets said:

I think it will probably be Denerys (unfortunately).  If her story is to have any point, she is going to have to gather her forces and move toward Westeros in the next book, and that is going to chew up a fair bit of story time.

Why ? Do we really have to read about all the boredom of mustering a host to reach Westeros ? We were fine so far without a Robert, Tywin or Stannis POV. 

Administrator commander Dany is not really needed.

10 minutes ago, SirArthur said:

Why ? Do we really have to read about all the boredom of mustering a host to reach Westeros ? We were fine so far without a Robert, Tywin or Stannis POV. 

Administrator commander Dany is not really needed.

GRRM will have to somehow get her out of the ginormous mess she’s caused which will take up quite a big portion of the book I’d imagine. I doubt the North will appear much until the latter half of the book when Snow vs Snow happens.

2 hours ago, chrisdaw said:

Dany.

Jon will be dead a lot. Tyrion and Sansa will become interlinked and so 'share' chapters. Arya is a possibility but I think she'll interlink with Sansa too, and then Jaime/Brienne.

I'm not attacking your conclusions, I'm legitimately curious. When/why would Tyrion and Sansa reunite? I imagine they will at some point, but they are very, very far from each other at the end of ADwD.

16 minutes ago, Pride of Driftmark said:

I'm not attacking your conclusions, I'm legitimately curious. When/why would Tyrion and Sansa reunite? I imagine they will at some point, but they are very, very far from each other at the end of ADwD.

Why is they're married. When is I think as soon as Tyrion gets back to Westeros on Viserion. He's going to take the Vale, that's a given with the seeding regarding his revenge on Lysa and Robert and how it is impregnable and historic versions of it being taken by people flying to the top. GRRM will probably give him extra reasoning in addition to revenge like Dany asking him to gain the Vale's allegiance on her behalf.

After that Sansa will be stationed in KL and I think Tyrion too most the time.

I want more Daenerys chapters.  Yeah, I hope she has the most chapters.  The Battle of Fire is sure to be interesting.  I am eager to find out what the Dothraki will do after they behold the magnificence of Daenerys and her Drogon.  Barristan, Jorya, Greyworm, and Missandei.  I really want to know how they make out in Winds.  

20 minutes ago, Skahaz mo Kandaq said:

I want more Daenerys chapters.  Yeah, I hope she has the most chapters.  The Battle of Fire is sure to be interesting.  I am eager to find out what the Dothraki will do after they behold the magnificence of Daenerys and her Drogon.  Barristan, Jorya, Greyworm, and Missandei.  I really want to know how they make out in Winds.  

Daenerys arc is the easiest one to predict and by far the most boring. The Dothraki will end up following her after seeing her dragons and eventually she’ll use Vic’s ships to go to Westeros where she’ll clash with Aegon.

Dany has to make a lot of progress IMO so I think she'll have the most POVs. But I also think Bran will become more and more important. If he can fully learn the powers of the weirwoods then in the whole POV style of writing he is kind of a wildcard to start writing about a lot of places and times (storylines) so I think he'll also have a lot of POVs

31 minutes ago, Starkz said:

Daenerys arc is the easiest one to predict and by far the most boring. The Dothraki will end up following her after seeing her dragons and eventually she’ll use Vic’s ships to go to Westeros where she’ll clash with Aegon.

I disagree.  Daenerys' story arc has always been the most interesting to me.  I could do without the Wall and the north though.  

3 hours ago, chrisdaw said:

Why is they're married. When is I think as soon as Tyrion gets back to Westeros on Viserion. He's going to take the Vale, that's a given with the seeding regarding his revenge on Lysa and Robert and how it is impregnable and historic versions of it being taken by people flying to the top. GRRM will probably give him extra reasoning in addition to revenge like Dany asking him to gain the Vale's allegiance on her behalf.

After that Sansa will be stationed in KL and I think Tyrion too most the time.

I have serious doubts Sansa will land in KL.  Her story is increasingly linked to the North, and I see no interest in her for KL.  The only things there for her are Cersei and bad memories.

2 minutes ago, Skahaz mo Kandaq said:

I disagree.  Daenerys' story arc has always been the most interesting to me.  I could do without the Wall and the north though.  

So you disagree with the assumptions made? I think most of them are interesting and have something to add to the story, dany will probably have most POVs but I also agree with the assessment that it's gonna be predictable in the way Starkz says, still one hell of a read. 

2 hours ago, Skahaz mo Kandaq said:

Daenerys arc has been the most predictable and plot armored since the first book. The moment she acquired dragons every reader knew she would eventually come to Westeros. Daenerys arc is the easiest most clear one to understand of all the POV characters.  Furthermore everything that Daenerys has done in Essos has no significance to the overall story and the story would be a lot better without her being there. We all know Dany isn’t going to be staying in Essos and ruling their, furthermore the abolishment of slavery isnt something that can be accomplished so quickly and won’t be by the books end. Essos is far larger than Westeros and abolishing slavery, and keeping it abolished is a pipe dream.

Also, every character associated with Daenerys is rather expendable, that in being anyone with her, them dying wouldn’t impact the story that much.

2 hours ago, Silver Bullet 1985 said:

It would be a tremendous disappointment to me if he came back and has the most chapters. 

Well I'll take Jon waking up and having the most chapters over Dany getting an army to go to Westeros again and having the most chapters. ))))

Archived