Marvel Netflix

RumHam

1 minute ago, WarGalley said:

At least we get a full on Jigsaw as opposed to Bullseye. I'm a little surprised they showed so much of him for a teaser. I expected him to be more of a second half of the season villain but maybe we'll get more. 

I would have liked a Bullseye. I'm kind of sad we won't be getting the rest of his character from Daredevil.

Jigsaw seemed really intense in the trailer. I thought he was good in season 1 but he might be Even better here.

10 minutes ago, Maltaran said:

Well, we all know they’ll announce the cancellation of Punisher and JJ once these final seasons are released 

Which is a shame aa this could be the best show of 2019 and it would still be cancelled as was shown with Daredevil. I just hope it isn't a cliffhanger ending.

I'll still be watching it as Bernthal is great in this.

5 hours ago, Heartofice said:

I would have liked a Bullseye. I'm kind of sad we won't be getting the rest of his character from Daredevil.

Yeah that is my ultimate reaction. All shows end and hopefully on a good note, but the Bullseye - Daredevil rivalry didn't feel finished or as personal as it should have been.

4 hours ago, red snow said:

Jigsaw seemed really intense in the trailer. I thought he was good in season 1 but he might be Even better here.

Only problem I had with Jigsaw is that he wasn't ugly enough. He still looks too much like Billy the Beaut. I don't need Dominic West's level of makeup for his character but was hoping for a look less human. Story and character transformation will be more important so we'll see.

4 hours ago, WarGalley said:

Yeah that is my ultimate reaction. All shows end and hopefully on a good note, but the Bullseye - Daredevil rivalry didn't feel finished or as personal as it should have been.

Only problem I had with Jigsaw is that he wasn't ugly enough. He still looks too much like Billy the Beaut. I don't need Dominic West's level of makeup for his character but was hoping for a look less human. Story and character transformation will be more important so we'll see.

Definitely, considering how graphic the damage was in the season 1 finale. Jigsaw shouldn't really have a face. The issue is whether he can then perform under the make-up. It's a tricky call but they should have made him look more scarred. The mask is a good idea but there are few actors brave/skilled enough to pull that off. 

I'm afraid they'll go for super surgery to limit the scarring and play up on the mental scarring. Maybe a bit like one interpretation of dr Doom where it turned out he wasn't as scarred as we thought and it was his ego that made him think his face was ruined. Then again he never had his face ground up and down smashed glass like he was a piece of cheese being grated

10 minutes ago, red snow said:

Definitely, considering how graphic the damage was in the season 1 finale. Jigsaw shouldn't really have a face. The issue is whether he can then perform under the make-up. It's a tricky call but they should have made him look more scarred. The mask is a good idea but there are few actors brave/skilled enough to pull that off. 

I'm afraid they'll go for super surgery to limit the scarring and play up on the mental scarring. Maybe a bit like one interpretation of dr Doom where it turned out he wasn't as scarred as we thought and it was his ego that made him think his face was ruined. Then again he never had his face ground up and down smashed glass like he was a piece of cheese being grated

Yeah I was really shocked at the end of S1, that they messed up his face so badly, that really hit me hard, but it was also very exciting.

This Jigsaw looks like he fell off his bike. 

3 hours ago, Heartofice said:

Yeah I was really shocked at the end of S1, that they messed up his face so badly, that really hit me hard, but it was also very exciting.

This Jigsaw looks like he fell off his bike. 

It was arguably most graphic thing the netflix shows have done (although i recall Fisk smashing someone's head in a car door as being bad too but less graphic). It was also an important character moment for the Punusher as we see he almost takes pleasure in disfiguring his former friend or at the very least feels the disfigurement is justified. Which i guess is why he is the punisher. I mean jigsaw was "lucky" not to be killed but that might be a warped sense of Castle being lenient for the former friendship.

3 minutes ago, red snow said:

It was arguably most graphic thing the netflix shows have done (although i recall Fisk smashing someone's head in a car door as being bad too but less graphic). It was also an important character moment for the Punusher as we see he almost takes pleasure in disfiguring his former friend or at the very least feels the disfigurement is justified. Which i guess is why he is the punisher. I mean jigsaw was "lucky" not to be killed but that might be a warped sense of Castle being lenient for the former friendship.

I was more disturbed that a relatively famous good looking actor will spend the next season being unrecognisably disfigured. Seemed like a risky move by the makers.

Turns out that risk wasn’t one they were happy to take

2 hours ago, Heartofice said:

I was more disturbed that a relatively famous good looking actor will spend the next season being unrecognisably disfigured. Seemed like a risky move by the makers.

Turns out that risk wasn’t one they were happy to take

It's not just disfigured, think about how much time iron man and Spiderman spend with their faces on show (particularly in infinity war where the cgi was ropey between actor and CGI suit). Or RDJR head in a hologram to represent inside suit.

V for vendetta and deadpool are only ones where they were loyal to mask usage. Nolan's batman films didn't have batman wandering around with his cowl down either.

It can't just be actor ego though as they'd never do voice work in animated films. I guess make up and prosthetics aren't an issue in animation.Maybe there is a genuine disconnect if we don't see a face capable of showing emotion?

1 hour ago, mormont said:

I mean, he isn't the Punisher. He's just Frank Castle. But that's a different problem.

It would be good to see him doing dome punishing in the final season rather than it all being about him. I'd like to see him killing criminals because he isn't happier now he's avenged his family and has a rage that can't be stopped. A bit like how Dexter had to kill (but different motivation)

• 2 weeks later...

I've been rewatching Daredevil season 1. It and JJ season 1 are really just so far ahead of anything else Marvel Netflix has produced since then, even though I liked DD Season 3 and JJ season 2. What strikes me most is that Fisk is a much more interesting character and villain when he's not all powerful, when he faces setbacks too, and when he is torn between competing impulses.

On 1/4/2019 at 5:37 AM, HelenaExMachina said:

I’ll skip this one since season one wasn’t really very good for me personally. Will still watch JJ season three though

might skip S2 but for different reasons.  As good as the buzz is for the new season - and as riveting as I found S1-I'd rather I leave Frank Castle where he was in the last ep of S1, as someone making an effort to move on instead of hitting the reset button.

Eta:

But as somewhat noble sounding as that sounds, I doubt that I will. :rolleyes:

Archived