Pictionary 42 - LAST ROUND!!!

Jez Bell

Welcome to Pictionary 42!  

Thank you to all of the previous hosts of Pictionary, especially to Buckwheat and BB who introduced me to the game.

In anticipation of Halloween and the fall of world democracy, let’s make this one scary.  Give me a starting sentence about specters, spiders, spooks, or spies.  Witches, ghouls, and goblins are also perfectly acceptable.

As I have never hosted anything, and I really don’t know what I’m doing, I’m gonna steal the rules from BB’s last game.  Sincere apologies in advance for expected screw ups along the way.

The Rules

Spoiler

General

1. Send me a PM entitled Pictionary: *YOUR BOARD NAME* containing a starting sentence.

2. Once we have enough players I'll send you someone else's sentence. You'll have around 72 hours (3 days) to draw (or depict) the sentence and send me a link to it in the PM chain you started in #1.

3. You'll be sent someone else's picture. You'll have 48 hours (2 days) to send me a description of the picture in the PM chain.

4. Watch your DM’s, as I’ll be sending you sentences to draw or pictures to describe in alternating rounds.

5. I'll post all the chains at the end of the game for your amusement.

Sentence rules

Your description should only be one sentence, not a paragraph. I can understand the desire to describe every detail of the drawing, but the interpretation is more important.  Brevity is the soul of wit.

Picture rules

Any kind of visual art which has been completely created by you is great. Most people will either draw on paper and scan it or take a photo.  You can also use digital drawing software such as MS Paint. But feel free to unleash your creativity.

The only restrictions are:

• Please keep the images fairly clean. Nothing NSFW, please.  I’m not sure if there have been previous incidents with Harry Potter and/or his wand, but let’s also stay away from Trump’s Toad.  Imagining it once was enough, thank you.
  • Use of letters in drawings is not allowed. 
  • It must be entirely your own work - there shouldn't be any kind of copying/pasting from google images (though using them as reference material is fine).

Please link me to a PNG or JPG hosted elsewhere (e.g. people often use imgur). Make sure the picture link doesn't give any clues to the image contents or its origins. It should be a size where we can easily see it and should be rotated to be the correct way round.

Scoring

Spoiler

To help the game keep moving, there will be a points system.

Each round you will receive points based on how fast you send in your sentence/drawing. If you go over the deadline you will receive nothing.

1st 25 points

2nd 20 points

3rd 15 points

4th 12 points

5th 10 points

6th 8 points

7th 6 points

8th 4 points

9th 2 points

A guide to how Pictionary players are often depicted.  - You do not have to follow these and are free to create your own versions, for instance their Avatar. Hide contents

Spoiler

Bex is a witch (not in martial arts gear)

BlackBear is the hulk (i.e. green guy)

Buckwheat is a flower

Count Balerion is a one-eared vampire cat

Helena is ginger  - in the past she has been drawn as Toothless from how to train your dragon

Horse of Kent is a horse

Lany is a karate witch

Pebble is a Yellow Little Miss

RhaenysB is blonde, although sometimes black cat with a Targaryen sigil

Rocksniffer is a dog, normally smoking and or peeing

TitanCat is a Parrot.

Players:  Bolded when the task for this round is complete

Last Describing round.  Deadline Saturday December 1st, 3pm GMT  

RhaenysBee (145 points)

The BlackBear (88 points)

Rocksniffer (43 points) Subbed by SWMBO (57 points)

Meera of Tarth (66 points)

Honeyed chicken (70 points)

Count Balerion (67 points) 

Lily Valley (30)

Baby Bell (14 points)

Bonus chain points will be added at the end of the game.

1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:

@Jez Bell I'm totally in, I'd love to play a game involving pics. My problem is that I could not dedicate it time till....well, in 10 days, so next Saturday from next week bc I'm too busy with school. Could I join then? 

It will take a few days to get sign ups, so hopefully you can join us.  We can surely delay a bit :)

@Buckwheat and @HelenaExMachina, you will both be missed.  Any chance I can call on you as alternates?

12 hours ago, Jez Bell said:

Just take a photo with your phone :) 

:rofl:

If you could see the lack of quality in my phone pics - well there's the rub - you can't see because my old, old non smart phone takes such fuzzy pics.

Could do with my camera though. Still hoping to get the scanner rolling at some point, but it will work via the camera - you're right, essentially.

17 minutes ago, Jez Bell said:

How about we start around the 1st or 2nd of November?  That would also suit @Meera of Tarth better.

in my case due to exams the earliest could be the third, I am afraid. But if you want to start brfore and I miss the first part I don't mind :)

14 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

in my case due to exams the earliest could be the third, I am afraid. But if you want to start brfore and I miss the first part I don't mind :)

If you send me a starting sentence with your DM, then we can get started when everyone's ready and I will give a little longer for the first drawing round.  

18 minutes ago, Jez Bell said:

If you send me a starting sentence with your DM, then we can get started when everyone's ready and I will give a little longer for the first drawing round.  

ah fantastic! Thanks i will send the sentence to you today and I will be able to draw from the third of Nov.

Archived