Most filmable adaptation

mactwist2

3 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

I think that's a tad harsh- I really liked Kingsmen. The sequel wasn't especially good, but one film doesn't make a rut for me yet.

He's launched into Kingsman 3, though, and Kingsman is all he has done as a director for the last 5-6 years. I'd call that a rut.

1 minute ago, Ran said:

He's launched into Kingsman 3, though, and Kingsman is all he has done as a director for the last 5-6 years. I'd call that a rut.

I missed that, but I still ain't calling it a rut unless the film (seems like a prequel during or between the wars?) is bad.

Guess he's not doing Superman then.

2 hours ago, mactwist2 said:

Ya that alone tells me that guy needs to stay away from fantasy. Crap movie.

Haven't seen the film, but I found the Daniel Pemberton score to be absolutely delightful and wonderfully different and unexpected.

On 11/7/2018 at 10:43 PM, Ran said:

Ha. I would not be surprised at all if Goldman tapped him for The Long Night (tbc) at some point.

20 minutes ago, Werthead said:

Ha. I would not be surprised at all if Goldman tapped him for The Long Night (tbc) at some point.

Yes, could be. Something I mused on when Goldman's project was first announced for a pilot.

ETA: And BTW folks, I did qualify the Ritchie comment by saying it'd have to be A-game Ritchie. Who is, admittedly, a very rare individual these days.

Hayao Miyazaki as the director of a Studio Ghibli adaptation of either The Eyes of the Overworld / Cugel's Saga or else The Lyonesse Trilogy (Suldrun's Garden, The Green Pearl and Madouc) could be truly amazing.

Or it could be terrible, as in the Tales from Earthsea.

18 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Hayao Miyazaki as the director of a Studio Ghibli adaptation of either The Eyes of the Overworld / Cugel's Saga or else The Lyonesse Trilogy (Suldrun's Garden, The Green Pearl and Madouc) could be truly amazing.

Or it could be terrible, as in the Tales from Earthsea.

Amazing idea. The visual style would be perfect.

That said, and not to be mean to him, but Tales from Earthsea was by Miyazaki's son, Goro, with little involvement from his father, who Goro openly admitted was very pessimistic that he was capable of successfully leading and directing the project (his dad wasn't wrong.)

Archived