Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mactwist2

Most filmable adaptation

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Ran said:

I find Vaughn a trifle over-rated these days -- he seems to be in a real creative rut ATM



I think that's a tad harsh- I really liked Kingsmen. The sequel wasn't especially good, but one film doesn't make a rut for me yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, polishgenius said:



I think that's a tad harsh- I really liked Kingsmen. The sequel wasn't especially good, but one film doesn't make a rut for me yet.

He's launched into Kingsman 3, though, and Kingsman is all he has done as a director for the last 5-6 years. I'd call that a rut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ran said:

He's launched into Kingsman 3, though, and Kingsman is all he has done as a director for the last 5-6 years. I'd call that a rut.


I missed that, but I still ain't calling it a rut unless the film (seems like a prequel during or between the wars?) is bad.

Guess he's not doing Superman then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2018 at 10:53 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

I mean Guy Ritchie gave us that King Arthur abomination so...

I could definitely do without David Beckham cameos or random fifty foot tall war elephants in a First Law adaptation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heroes Die by Matt Stover. 

@Werthead has a write-up about it here. The book remains one of my five favourite novels. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Wednesday, November 07, 2018 at 4:53 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

I mean Guy Ritchie gave us that King Arthur abomination so...

Ya that alone tells me that guy needs to stay away from fantasy. Crap movie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mactwist2 said:

Ya that alone tells me that guy needs to stay away from fantasy. Crap movie.

Haven't seen the film, but I found the Daniel Pemberton score to be absolutely delightful and wonderfully different and unexpected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2018 at 10:43 PM, Ran said:

He's launched into Kingsman 3, though, and Kingsman is all he has done as a director for the last 5-6 years. I'd call that a rut.

Ha. I would not be surprised at all if Goldman tapped him for The Long Night (tbc) at some point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Werthead said:

Ha. I would not be surprised at all if Goldman tapped him for The Long Night (tbc) at some point.

Yes, could be. Something I mused on when Goldman's project was first announced for a pilot.

 

ETA: And BTW folks, I did qualify the Ritchie comment by saying it'd have to be A-game Ritchie. Who is, admittedly, a very rare individual these days.

Edited by Ran

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hayao Miyazaki as the director of a Studio Ghibli adaptation of either The Eyes of the Overworld / Cugel's Saga or else The Lyonesse Trilogy (Suldrun's Garden, The Green Pearl and Madouc) could be truly amazing.

Or it could be terrible, as in the Tales from Earthsea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Hayao Miyazaki as the director of a Studio Ghibli adaptation of either The Eyes of the Overworld / Cugel's Saga or else The Lyonesse Trilogy (Suldrun's Garden, The Green Pearl and Madouc) could be truly amazing.

Or it could be terrible, as in the Tales from Earthsea.

Amazing idea. The visual style would be perfect.

That said, and not to be mean to him, but Tales from Earthsea was by Miyazaki's son, Goro, with little involvement from his father, who Goro openly admitted was very pessimistic that he was capable of successfully leading and directing the project (his dad wasn't wrong.)

 

Edited by Ran

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to see a Pern adaptation.  But I'm wary on the presentation. I'm also odd in that I'd adapt the prequel story Dragonsdawn first then delve into the ninth pass.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×